Belgian Y-DNA from the Brabant Project

There hasn't been a lot of progress lately, but here is the latest status based on 981 results.

R1b : (n=600) 61.16%
R1b-M343 : n=1 (0.1%)
-R1b-P25: n=1 (0.1%)
--R1b-P297: n=1 (0.1%)
---R1b-M269 : n=17 (1.7%)
----R1b-P310 : n=7 (0.7%)
----- R1b-U106 (S21) : n=255 (26%)
----- R1b-P312 (S116, incl. L21) : n=208 (21.2%)
------ R1b-U152 (S28) : n=101 (10.3%)
------ R1b-SRY2627 : n=6 (0.6%)

R1a : n=38 (3.9%)
R1a* : n=1
-R1a1 : n=37

I1 : n=119 (12.1%)
I1* : n=112
- I1c (P109) : n=7

I2 : n=70 (7.1%)
-I2* : n=14 (1.4%)
-- I2a* : n=14 (1.4%)
-- I2b* : n=43 (4.3%)
--- I2b1 (M284) : n=2 (0.2%)
--- I2b3 (P78) : n=2 (0.2%)
--- I2b4 (P95) : n=3 (0.3%)

J1 : n=11 (1.1%)

J2 : n=40 (4.1%)
- J2a* (M410) : n=21 (2.2%)
---J2a3b (M67) : n=4 (0.4%)
----J2a3b1 (M92) : n=5 (0.5%)
---J2a3d (M319) : n=3 (0.3%)
- J2b* : n=0
-- J2b2 : n=6 (0.6%)

G2a : n=37 (3.8%)

E1 : n=50 (5.1%)
-E1b1b (M215) : n=0
---E1b1b1a (M78) : n=1
-----E1b1b1a1a (V12) : n=1
-----E1b1b1a1b (V13) : n=27 (2.8%)
------E1b1b1a1b5 (M35) : n=2
-----E1b1b1a1c (V22) : n=4
----E1b1b1b1 (M81) : n=2
---E1b1b1c (M123) : n=2
----E1b1b1c1 (M34) : n=11 (1.2%)

L : n=4 (0.4%)
-L1 (M27) : n=3
-L2 (M317) : n=1

T : n=6 (0.6%)

A : n=1 (0.1%)

Q : n=4 (0.4%)

Its quite similar to south-east England, which is also interesting given Kent's links with the Franks.

Maciamo,what HGs are you including in "Italo-Celtic"?
I know that Italy is quite diverse as HGs,from region to region.
Italy has a significant percentage of J2,but while I would say J2 is italic HG,I could not say is "Italo-Celtic".

Maciamo,what HGs are you including in "Italo-Celtic"?
I know that Italy is quite diverse as HGs,from region to region.
Italy has a significant percentage of J2,but while I would say J2 is italic HG,I could not say is "Italo-Celtic".

LOL

Italy has slightly more J2 than Romania.

Anyway Italics and Celts share the same origin. It is impossible for archaeologists to tell apart Celtic Hallstatt and Italic Villanova sites apart untill 800 BC.

Beside that late Halstatt and La Tene artifacts are found everywhere from the Alps to Apulia, which proves that Celts or Italo-Celts never stopped migrating into Italy.

The Brabant DNA Project was launched this year to analyse the Y-DNA composition of in the old Duchy of Brabant (modern Brussels + provinces of Walloon and Flemish Brabant, Antwerp and the Dutch province of North Brabant). It will soon expand to other provinces of Flanders, then Wallonia to cover all Belgium. It is the only Y-DNA project I know that is subsidised by the government....
A : n=1 (0.1%)

I'm curious about the one "A" result. Can someone who can read Dutch check if the project mentions whether or not they are testing only ancestrally-Dutch people or whether recent immigrants or children of immigrants are included? Could this "A" result be related to the recently-found A1-bearing men of Yorkshire? If so, that could indicate that the West Germanic-speaking peoples might have already had yDNA A members at the time of the split of continental Germanic people and Anglo-Saxons. In other words, yHG A1 may have been a "native" West Germanic or even Proto-Germanic HG.

LOL

Italy has slightly more J2 than Romania.

Anyway Italics and Celts share the same origin. It is impossible for archaeologists to tell apart Celtic Hallstatt and Italic Villanova sites apart untill 800 BC.

Beside that late Halstatt and La Tene artifacts are found everywhere from the Alps to Apulia, which proves that Celts or Italo-Celts never stopped migrating into Italy.
I do not know,there is not an exact statistics about Romania hgs,by the areas.
As for Aromanians,are Aromanians that even have 48% J summed:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromanians#Genetic_studies
If Aromanians are colonists from Italy mixed with Dacians,than it would be clear that Romans had a lot of J2.
As for Balkans,percentage is very different from country to country,J2.
But you know are different branches of J2,I am pretty sure there is also an Italian J2.
Maciamo says Romans spread mostly R1B-U152, well ,how come R1B-U152 is as such low percentages in Balkans than?
Please notice that L HGs from Belgium,that is for sure Romans marker.
L is also present in current day Turkey.
And I think highest percentages of L are in Italy,from Europe.
All of these things explains very well,if Romans were also carrying L,in some percentage.
And I think Romans also spread J2 .

I do not know,there is not an exact statistics about Romania hgs,by the areas.
As for Aromanians,are Aromanians that even have 48% J summed:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromanians#Genetic_studies
If Aromanians are colonists from Italy mixed with Dacians,than it would be clear that Romans had a lot of J2.
As for Balkans,percentage is very different from country to country,J2.
But you know are different branches of J2,I am pretty sure there is also an Italian J2.
Maciamo says Romans spread mostly R1B-U152, well ,how come R1B-U152 is as such low percentages in Balkans than?
Please notice that L HGs from Belgium,that is for sure Romans marker.
L is also present in current day Turkey.
And I think highest percentages of L are in Italy,from Europe.
All of these things explains very well,if Romans were also carrying L,in some percentage.
And I think Romans also spread J2 .

L is present at 1% in Italy according to Boattini et al. and is usually found only in extremely bottlenecked mountain regions.

Yes,L is 1% or a little more in some regions from Italy.
But please remember that Roman Empire lost a lot of males that did not had the chance to make children,in wars.
So I think hgs in Roman Empire soldiers shifted ,mostly towards Celtic/Gaulish people,cause they assimilated a lot of Celtic/Gaulish people
and also from Balkanic people.
So is quite clear that the E HG from Belgium is coming from Balkans via Roman Empire colonists/soldiers.
EDIT:
Since I was not clear,about L hg in Italy,it remained in mountainous regions,cause there,invaders of others ethnicities could not get.
And according to what Maciamo is saying,it should be L2 which is European only:
http://www.eupedia.com/europe/origins_haplogroups_europe.shtml#L

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 57113 times.

Back