• Marco Rubio

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That explains many things. "A terrible person, know nothing about his policies, but with strong leader traits", and the vote of course counts as much as any other. A new accepted world order......History going round in circles..........Lets applaud this mentality if the world becomes a better place, but anyone taking responsible if it gets worse? I doubt it. Lets wait and see.......

remember Brexit?

try to understand what is going on

thinking every body else is stupid is the easy way to stop thinking yourself

are you questioning democracy when the outcome does'nt please you?

well, it's a rigged system ..

Oh well of course one can question democracy, for example in such a case. What's wrong with that? People are not allowed to state their opinion now?

Omg, Trump is not like Hitler. I mean come on now. Trump is not a real right wing bigot like the left imagines anyways. As biciuler explained accusations towards Trump like yours are a big reason I and and many others voted for him. Your accusations are first false, 2nd offensive, and 3rd annoying.

What could be the reason?

The real question would be why so many lower to middle class people voted for Trump. One of his main policies, and one that really makes him a Republican, no matter how much he claims to be different from the rest, is going to cut taxes for the super-rich and cut social benefits for the poor(er). Once again the 0.1% managed to get their candidate elected by the people who understand the least about politics and react the most to rhetoric, populist demagogy and all the media drama. And the sad thing is that all these people are happy that their candidate won, not realising that they voted for the 0.1% (all the opposite of what Trump appeared to be, despite his being part of the 0.1%). It's just like with Brexit all over again. Those who voted for it will be the ones suffering most the consequences. There is no cure for idiocy yet.

On the international scene, I was very concerned when G.W. Bush got elected, and he indeed caused a lot of wars and suffering (Afghanistan, Iraq) as was expected. Trump could be much worse because his attitude is even more radical. I disliked Bush for being an evangelist Christian, and Trump is better on that front as he doesn't seem to care much about religion. Yet, his extreme stance against the Mexicans and the whole Muslim world will cause serious tensions globally and will certainly foster more Islamic terrorism in retaliation. On the other hand one could wonder if it wasn't about time Islamists like those ISIS bast*rds get crushed once and for all.

If Trump leads the country properly in the next six months, or at least satisfy the masses by implementing some popular campaign promises, his example could bolster Le Pen's chances of becoming France's next president in May 2017. With both France and the US led by anti-Islamic presidents, a domino effect could see a rise in radicalism across Europe, which could very well degenerate in WWIII (the West vs the Islamic world). Who knows? Maybe we are already in it and don't have enough hindsight to realise it.

Trump's victory is not all bad. He is strongly against the TTIP, which I think was a huge mistake - at least for European consumers, who would lose the benefit of stricter food regulations.

Omg, Trump is not like Hitler. I mean come on now.

that is not the point. The point is re bicicleur stating that democracy should not be questioned. Of course there are instances it can be questioned such as this case. Anyone really thinks that all the Germans that voted Hiter to power had the terrible outcomes that were experienced? Its an example of when Democracy can be questioned. Why not?

remember Brexit?

try to understand what is going on

thinking every body else is stupid is the easy way to stop thinking yourself

I am not thinking that everyone is stupid. Did I ever say that? But we know for example that there are people who know that a person is terrible and know nothing about their policies, but they vote for them because they do not like a comical cartoon or a write up or something like that. You get my point?

Omg, Trump is not like Hitler. I mean come on now. Trump is not a real right wing bigot like the left imagines anyways. As biciuler explained accusations towards Trump like yours are a big reason I and and many others voted for him. Your accusations are first false, 2nd offensive, and 3rd annoying.
Again, politically correct. Sure Hitler went to power in a similar nature as Trump, but only Trump controls his own destiny not Hitler. The video was just an example. Who know's maybe Trump will be a good president and run the country well. ;)

Part of the problem is that Trump attracted support from the KKK.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36870438

Yet, his extreme stance against the Mexicans and the whole Muslim world will cause serious tensions globally and will certainly foster more Islamic terrorism in retaliation. On the other hand one could wonder if it wasn't about time Islamists like those ISIS bast*rds get crushed once and for all.

Trump's statements about Muslims and Mexicans isn't motivated by racism and here's why.
The accusation that Trump said he would ban Muslim immigration because of racism(he's afraid the American populous will become largely Muslim) is totally bogus. A very small minority of Americans are Asian Muslims and there's no evidence that's gonna change anytime soon. Therefore if he were some white racist he wouldn't have any fear of a large portion of Americans being Asian Muslims. His motivation is national security. Sorry but Asian Muslims don't NEED to immigrate to America. IF refusing immigration to the few who wish to immigrate to America helps prevent Islamic Terrorism I'm all for it. If they really NEED to leave their homelands they can go to Europe :).

How is following immigration laws extreme? Sure deporting maybe deporting all *illegal* immigrants is but the idea behind isn't extreme. We do need a wall. I find it insane that some Americans tipsy toe around opposing *illegal* immigration. Yes the percentage of Americans who are Hispanic is and has grown. So I guess you could argue he's a racist who wants to reduce that but it isn't a strong argument. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he made a big deal about illegal immigration to get the support of white racist. Nonetheless his opinon on it is pretty good and not racist.

If Trump leads the country properly in the next six months, or at least satisfy the masses by implementing some popular campaign promises, his example could bolster Le Pen's chances of becoming France's next president in May 2017. With both France and the US led by anti-Islamic presidents, a domino effect could see a rise in radicalism across Europe, which could very well degenerate in WWIII (the West vs the Islamic world). Who knows? Maybe we are already in it and don't have enough hindsight to realise it.

Very well said. The momentum seems to very much moving that way. Trump also is a very impulsive person and its not going to help the situation. Now its important not to be diplomatically correct. However I have faith that the present democratic process in the USA is strong enough to resist actions on impulse, and before any ideas are implemented there needs to be approval.

The real question would be why so many lower to middle class people voted for Trump. One of his main policies, and one that really makes him a Republican, no matter how much he claims to be different from the rest, is going to cut taxes for the super-rich and cut social benefits for the poor(er). Once again the 0.1% managed to get their candidate elected by the people who understand the least about politics and react the most to rhetoric, populist demagogy and all the media drama. And the sad thing is that all these people are happy that their candidate won, not realising that they voted for the 0.1% (all the opposite of what Trump appeared to be, despite his being part of the 0.1%). It's just like with Brexit all over again. Those who voted for it will be the ones suffering most the consequences. There is no cure for idiocy yet.

On the international scene, I was very concerned when G.W. Bush got elected, and he indeed caused a lot of wars and suffering (Afghanistan, Iraq) as was expected. Trump could be much worse because his attitude is even more radical. I disliked Bush for being an evangelist Christian, and Trump is better on that front as he doesn't seem to care much about religion. Yet, his extreme stance against the Mexicans and the whole Muslim world will cause serious tensions globally and will certainly foster more Islamic terrorism in retaliation. On the other hand one could wonder if it wasn't about time Islamists like those ISIS bast*rds get crushed once and for all.

Trump's victory is not all bad. He is strongly against the TTIP, which I think was a huge mistake - at least for European consumers, who would lose the benefit of stricter food regulations.

In addition to it. Putin is very satisfied with the election of Trump. Trump is more isolationistic. So the Ukraine and the Balticum will be the first testcase.

And a derailed middle class is always a dangerous thing for democracy. Clinton was to much appartsjik, the Washington mores in flesh and blood, and control freak. in stead a fresh (not inside) younger more Kennedyesk version of Sanders would have been the best ticket for the democrats.

And 'fire haired' call me old fashioned but I aspect from a real leader not a impuls driven, predator, attitude but a real leader needs prudence (German: Augenmass) and the ability to step back to oversee difficult questions, I think he lacks that certainly....

So I will keep my breath in en let's see.....

Oh well of course one can question democracy, for example in such a case. What's wrong with that? People are not allowed to state their opinion now?

well, if you need to mention Hittler every time on such ocasions, it is clear how you think

dig yourself a shelter and stuff it with large supplies because more is coming

I am not thinking that everyone is stupid. Did I ever say that? But we know for example that there are people who know that a person is terrible and know nothing about their policies, but they vote for them because they do not like a comical cartoon or a write up or something like that. You get my point?

these people just think the current establishment is even worse than Trump

Indeed, besides that the new president will be totally impuls driven, this may be a set back for the US-European cooperation. Already in the eighties Trump wanted to turn back NATO (let them pay their own defense, we pay too much etc). And Trump is an obvious Putin fan. So the Balticum and Ukraine will be the first test cases. So Pyrrhus victory Tomenable....

The foreign policy of USA is the great mystery is these days. We will see what will happen in the future.

well, if you need to mention Hittler every time on such ocasions, it is clear how you think

dig yourself a shelter and stuff it with large supplies because more is coming

I know this upsets you, I was expecting a more aggressive reaction to this. Stay focused Bicicleur, the video was in relation to your question in regards of democracy should not be questioned in the event of not liking something. I gave you an example of how democracy can be questioned in such instances. Don't you think so?

these people just think the current establishment is even worse than Trump

As long as people are able to vote to approve or disapprove in 4 years time without intimidation, then its not much of a problem.....

That is the worst mistake the democrats made.
Ridiculizing Trump and his supporters.
They are so arrogant and so much establishment.
Now they are being presented the bill for that.

And Trump himself.....?
Trump.jpg

Again, politically correct. Sure Hitler went to power in a similar nature as Trump, but only Trump controls his own destiny not Hitler. The video was just an example. Who know's maybe Trump will be a good president and run the country well. ;)

Indeed Twilight, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. That we yet have to find out.

And Trump himself.....?
View attachment 8187

I believe Trump was a Democrat back in 1998, I can't image on he would dream of running as a Republican back then; more likely Trump would've wanted to run as a Democrat if he ran for the 2000 Presidential election.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/bogus-meme-targets-trump/

http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/trump-fake-quote-people-magazine?utm_term=.kfgNGxD05#.joKYJvO46

I know this upsets you, I was expecting a more aggressive reaction to this. Stay focused Bicicleur, the video was in relation to your question in regards of democracy should not be questioned in the event of not liking something. I gave you an example of how democracy can be questioned in such instances. Don't you think so?

for the record, I don't have a high esteem of democracy
it only works - upto a certain level - in 'democratic countries'
in countries without democratic tradition, it does not work
so it is not the system, it is the people who make it work

democracy was highjacked by political correctness
now that seems to be undone
comparing what is happening now with the rise of Hitler is bigotry

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 706156 times.

Back