Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

When the Caquelin's arrived in Pennsylvania, USA in 1735 the man at the port taking names from the passengers spelled their last name Cockley and some were Gockley. During the American Revolution many Cockley actually fought in Ohio and some upon returning from war moved their to live. Waldersbach was established in France around 1639AD. The area was formerly known as Steintal which became part of Ban de la Roche in 1584 AD. I believe this is what causes some confusion of French or German references.

When the Caquelin's arrived in Pennsylvania, USA in 1735 the man at the port taking names from the passengers spelled their last name Cockley and some were Gockley. During the American Revolution many Cockley actually fought in Ohio and some upon returning from war moved their to live. Waldersbach was established in France around 1639AD. The area was formerly known as Steintal which became part of Ban de la Roche in 1584 AD. I believe this is what causes some confusion of French or German references.

Thank you

is your family line also have DNA T ?

My Y-DNA is T-CTS1848 and I am new to the DNA results so bare with me.

Thank you ,
So you are also positive for z19945

I am negative for cts1848.....but a person from walloon belgium, surname Bernot is the same as yourself

The Son of a T-Z19945 Man, mutated into a T-CTS1848.

I’m negative for T-CTS1848, but we’re both positive for T-Z19945.

Last edited:
Interesting that in the ftdna T project, ..Gamma-1.1-B pages00113 has z19945 as positive
Most on this list seem eastern europeans

Btw, i am negative for pages00113

Interesting that in the ftdna T project, ..Gamma-1.1-B pages00113 has z19945 as positive
Most on this list seem eastern europeans

Btw, i am negative for pages00113

Many are Ashkenazy.

I’m also negative for pages00113.

Many are Ashkenazy.

I’m also negative for pages00113.

It means that z19945 is the father of pages00113 and not its equal

@salento
Messapic expanded with Bell Beakers migrating through the Italian Peninsula, or rather southward through the eastern Adriatic coast. Based on the connections of the Cetina culture with Bell Beakers from the Italian Peninsula, and the potential nature of Messapian as a North-West Indo-European dialect, it seems more likely that Proto-Messapic speakers expanded first southward from the Alps into mainland areas east of the Appennines, and were later replaced and displaced to the south-eastern corner with migrations of Italic peoples. Two individuals from Early/Middle Bronze Age from Veliki Vanik in Split-Dalmatia (ca. 1630–1510 BC) include one of hg. J2b2a-M241 (formed ca. 118000 BC, TMRCA ca 7800 BC), probably corresponding to subclade J2b2a1-L283 (TMRCA ca. 3400 BC), since basal clades are found today in modern populations of southern Italy and Anatolia. These and a later sample of the Late Bronze Age from the Jazinka Cave, near Nečven (ca. 780 BC) show similar ancestry to other available Balkan samples, but with increased Steppe ancestry (ca. 35%), and slightly less WHG (although similar EHG) contribution compared to other Early Bronze Age individuals from the Balkans. Interestingly, this haplogroup, which probably arrived in the Balkans from a westward expansion through Anatolia during the Chalcolithic or Neolithic, is found later in Armenia MLBA in an individual with Steppe ancestry (see §viii.14. Caucasians and Armenians). The finding of haplogroup J-M304 among Mycenaeans (see §viii.12. Greeks and Phand Philistines) further suggests a relative infiltration rather than a massive migration of Yamna male lineages in the southern Balkans, probably due in great part to the higher demographic density of south-eastern Europe (Müller and Diachenko 2019).
In the south-east, Messapic-speaking Iapyginians from Botromagno (ca. 7th–4 th c. BC) show mainly mtDNA subclades H and U, while the later Romans from nearby Vagnari (ca. AD 1st-4th c.) Show other markers

Last edited:
@Torzio is that your new Hypothesis / Educated guess? or did you read it somewhere?

@Torzio is that your new Hypothesis / Educated guess? or did you read it somewhere?

From other site.....info for you.....i always said the messapic came from east of the liburnians this states further north......it says the massapic marched down the coast,

From other site.....info for you.....i always said the messapic came from east of the liburnians this states further north......it says the massapic marched down the coast,

They didn't mention the Illyrians,

... with all the implications of being an Illyrians means.

They didn't mention the Illyrians,

... with all the implications of being an Illyrians means.

Since tge daunians are the biggest group of messapics, i suggest u look into the daunian peninsula history near foggia

only northern Illyrians tattooed , learning from their northern neighbours, the celts
interesting "messapic" daunians
https://www.academia.edu/984109/The_Tribal_Tattooing_of_Daunian_Women
and
https://www.academia.edu/33341054/I...an_Costume_tattoos_string_aprons_and_a_helmet
you should see my Messapic ink ... lol

MTA y-DNA T summary:
WyBzvsP.jpg

Timeline:
thL2Hsu.jpg

Protovillanovian and Illirians (Messapi?) - Bronze Age:
4WnOrfE.jpg

y T Rome Latin Tribe Ardea -Iron Age:
u6QzUst.jpg

... and that makes two Colonial Era T-Z19945 in CT (Brooks and Curtiss).

I’m the first newcomer to the US from my family, so there can’t be any recent connection.

Yfull first match with me on same group

I went as far back as I could and the original surname was Brucke from Hanover Germany

they are related to the Curtiss T ydna line from Cornwall who originated from
https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Freshour?iframe=yresults

Last edited:
Yfull first match with me on same group

I went as far back as I could and the original surname was brucke from Hanover Germany

they are related to the Curtiss T ydna line from Cornwall who originated from
https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Freshour?iframe=yresults

Colonial T-Z19945? (Daniel Curtiss, Connecticut 1652)

Stratford was founded by Puritans in 1639.

(I can get there in about 1 hour)

... from my side, any relation to him is obviously Ancient, I think.

Colonial T-Z19945? (Daniel Curtiss, Connecticut 1652)

Stratford was founded by Puritans in 1639.

(I can get there in about 1 hour)

... from my side, any relation to him is obviously Ancient, I think.

Both Curtiss and Brooks ( born 1640 )are from Stratford Connecticut..................originally cornish UK

This thread has been viewed 463531 times.

Back