Genetic Origins of Minoans and Mycenaeans

I think it's Maliq, Early Bronze Age site from Korca. It's probably that.

Likely we can find J2a, G2a, R1b or maybe even J2b2. It's too early for E-V13 so much inland Balkans.

Oh, Korçë. I doubt L283 will be found there.
Given its geographic location the results will be interesting. I mean Albanian South east borders both Greece and North Macedonia, and given the time period being EBA J2a and G2a would make more sense.
X0tUCZl.png

HLhc0sI

PS: Anyone knows if L283 has any Greek basal clades? If so what is their mutation period/TMRCA?

how does he know ..... ?
does he have someone in those genetic labs who gives him information :unsure:

blank.gif
Ric Hern said...@ Davidski

"I'm waiting for a couple of really old R1b samples"

Older than Villabruna ?
August 25, 2020 at 6:42 PM

blank.gif
Davidski said...Yes, 2-3 thousand years older than Villabruna.

August 25, 2020 at 6:49 PM

Davidski just recently put his G25 modern populations in the trash bin, due to "uncertainty" of their validity.

Wow, what a shocker! :)

How many times did we question their validity here?

I guess rather than be transparent, the way an academic would have to be when the results are questioned, and show precisely what samples were used and their provenance, i.e. were all four grandparents from the same area, do all the samples from the stated ethnicity cluster in approximately the same area, are enough samples from a certain area included, are close relatives excluded, of the available samples were only those "north" enough, or "south" enough, or "east" enough included, were subjective judgments made to include only the more "exotic" or atypical samples for whatever reason etc., he'll just walk away from it all.

So, everyone can now toss all their conclusions based on the G25 Modern into the trash bin where they belong.

Now he says the ancient G25 will continue. Who says the same subjective choosing of samples isn't done in that? How could so many people have ignored the weird results from that as well?

This is like the replicability crisis in psychology and sociology, which is why I no longer post material from studies in those fields.

This is why whole criminal justice divisions are kept so busy with scam artists defrauding naive people.

so maybe his tool is not the "best" after all .....
anyway i do believe he got someone from those genetic lab who leak for
him information about y haplogroup results of future dna papers :unsure:

Wow, what a shocker! :)

How many times did we question their validity here?

I guess rather than be transparent, the way an academic would have to be when the results are questioned, and show precisely what samples were used and their provenance, i.e. were all four grandparents from the same area, do all the samples from the stated ethnicity cluster in approximately the same area, are enough samples from a certain area included, are close relatives excluded, of the available samples were only those "north" enough, or "south" enough, or "east" enough included, were subjective judgments made to include only the more "exotic" or atypical samples for whatever reason etc., he'll just walk away from it all.

So, everyone can now toss all their conclusions based on the G25 Modern into the trash bin where they belong.

Now he says the ancient G25 will continue. Who says the same subjective choosing of samples isn't done in that? How could so many people have ignored the weird results from that as well?

This is like the replicability crisis in psychology and sociology, which is why I no longer post material from studies in those fields.

This is why whole criminal justice divisions are kept so busy with scam artists defrauding naive people.

He should toss the G25 Ancient Averages in the garbage too, because they are shallow, meaningless, and false constructs.

He should toss the G25 Ancient Averages in the garbage too, because they are shallow, meaningless, and false constructs.

Remember how many people asked you why you bothered to create a calculator based on Dienekes work when there was such a "better" tool available, i.e. Global 25? I believe one of the administrators over at anthrogenica was among them. :grin:

so maybe his tool is not the "best" after all .....
anyway i do believe he got someone from those genetic lab who leak for
him information about y haplogroup results of future dna papers :unsure:

If you meant to link something, it's not working, kingjohn.

Yes, well, he also told us he had inside information that the Mycenaeans were going to turn out to be just like Corded Ware. That was two weeks before the paper came out. :grin:

Plus, there's a public relations ploy where if you get advance information on something and you want to "shape" the perception of it when it comes out in your favor, you put out your "interpretation" of it before people can see the data for themselves. Then, a lot of people will see it from your point of view without looking too carefully. It works surprisingly well. You see it all the time in politics. Goebbels was a master of it; one of the greatest propagandists ever.

Remember how many people asked you why you bothered to create a calculator based on Dienekes work when there was such a "better" tool available, i.e. Global 25? I believe one of the administrators over at anthrogenica was among them. :grin:

Those ignorant sycophants all have egg on their faces now. :LOL:

They actually believed that G25 was superior to academic analysis! Anthrogenica is an anti-intellectual cult of buffoonery.

If you meant to link something, it's not working, kingjohn.

Yes, well, he also told us he had inside information that the Mycenaeans were going to turn out to be just like Corded Ware. That was two weeks before the paper came out. :grin:

Plus, there's a public relations ploy where if you get advance information on something and you want to "shape" the perception of it when it comes out in your favor, you put out your "interpretation" of it before people can see the data for themselves. Then, a lot of people will see it from your point of view without looking too carefully. It works surprisingly well. You see it all the time in politics. Goebbels was a master of it; one of the greatest propagandists ever.

no i didn't ment to pose a link

yes you are correct
it is a way to play with people mind .....:wary2:

They actually believed that G25 was superior to academic analysis! Anthrogenica is an anti-intellectual cult of buffoonery.

That is a good one. Like I said I don't have any G25 coordinates and this proves my hunch was correct to never buy them. I will stick with the Dodecad calculators which as we have seen here, alot of it the results of your comparisons of the Ancient Roman samples in Antonio et al 2019 Figure 2 and how the plots there compare to ones from the various Dodecad, MDLP and Eurogenes calculators.

Very, very, very interesting news here.

Some of those calculators overlap with Academic papers but some are horrible. I cant say which.

They are not amazing but they are decent

They'll just parrot him by saying that only the one for moderns is questionable.

My point is that if someone couldn't do a reliable job with picking modern samples, why should I suppose he did a reliable, non-biased job on picking ancient ones?

Most importantly, why do his supposedly "superior" Global 25 results for ancients and the PCAs based on them so often contradict academic results? To me, this is more evidence that you'd better stick with the academic results and "calculators" whose results are in that ballpark.

Carlos Quines pisses him really off by claiming R1b as sole Proto Indo-European lineage and E-V13 as the Proto-Slavic lineage among R1a. :LOL:

Carlos Quines pisses him really off by claiming R1b as sole Proto Indo-European lineage and E-V13 as the Proto-Slavic lineage among R1a. :LOL:

As an R1b M-269 member I wholly agree with that statement:grin:.

Some of those calculators overlap with Academic papers but some are horrible. I cant say which.
They are not amazing but they are decent

I don't have the "horse race" comparisons for the Antonio et al 2019 Figure 2 plots vs. Dodecad 12B, other Dodecad, MDLP and Eurogenes K13/K15 in front of me, they are probably buried somewhere in the Ancient Roman thread, but I do distinctly remembering being involved in that thread where Jovialis ran the comparisons of the plots from the various amateur calculators vs the ones in Figure 2 of Antonio et al 2019 and Dodecad 12B were really close to the academic plots.

I don't have the "horse race" comparisons for the Antonio et al 2019 Figure 2 plots vs. Dodecad 12B, other Dodecad, MDLP and Eurogenes K13/K15 in front of me, they are probably buried somewhere in the Ancient Roman thread, but I do distinctly remembering being involved in that thread where Jovialis ran the comparisons of the plots from the various amateur calculators vs the ones in Figure 2 of Antonio et al 2019 and Dodecad 12B were really close to the academic plots.

One calculator named World 22 or something is really awful.

Since thread is about Mycaenae,
the archaiological land had the accident of the typical meditterean summer fires,

5135810.jpg

GHJGHJ.jpg

Mediterean fires are not so dangerous for stone buildings,
they usually burn grass, but sometimes if the trees are the black pines are very very dangerous.
Mediterrenean fires are dangerous to human, if wind is strong due to rapid expansion of fire and gases like monoxide,
humans usually are poisoned by gases, and lose their sences.

Eurogenes implies that there is steppe ancestry in modern Greeks that descends from Bronze Age Greece. This is based on the rumored upcoming Mycenaean samples. It would have to be proven by samples from different eras and maybe not with just more Mycenaean samples.

Eurogenes implies that there is steppe ancestry in modern Greeks that descends from Bronze Age Greece. This is based on the rumored upcoming Mycenaean samples. It would have to be proven by samples from different eras and maybe not with just more Mycenaean samples.
Mycenean had 4% to 12 % steppe this is well known did they mean extra steppe?

This thread has been viewed 1167753 times.

Back