Is genetically modified food safe?

We should never mixture with nature. Scientists have tried that many times. Most times the result have been disaster. It's not nature that should adjust to us. We should adjust to nature. We are a part of nature like everything living.

But that's our success to adjust nature for us. We adjust wood and rocks to build our homes, paper to write our knowledge on. We adjusted wheat to give us more crop. We adjusted oxes to make them into cows to give us more milk and meat. We adjusted atoms to give us more energy, building material, computers, Internet, music in every phone, and talk to our friends around the world, etc...
For god sake, our ancestors adjusted stones to make stone tools to start our civilisation. Our civilisation is based on adjusting the nature to our needs!
But we should do it wisely! Mistakes are unavoidable though.

The issue for me (to consume the GM product) is that the GM modification stay within Kingdoms. No animal DNA in plants and no plant DNA in animals. The No animal DNA in plants is the big one. As to the danger in producing the GM product - that some element gets distributed in unintended ways - that is another issue.

I encountered my first GM label - sunflower seeds from Bulgaria. Said they were GM. Had they said, "No animal DNA used", I would have bought it. The seed kernels were larger than usual.

The issue for me (to consume the GM product) is that the GM modification stay within Kingdoms. No animal DNA in plants and no plant DNA in animals. The No animal DNA in plants is the big one. As to the danger in producing the GM product - that some element gets distributed in unintended ways - that is another issue.

I encountered my first GM label - sunflower seeds from Bulgaria. Said they were GM. Had they said, "No animal DNA used", I would have bought it. The seed kernels were larger than usual.
Too late. Nature had this idea a log time ago. We all carry ancient and recent genomes of viruses and bacterias. The best examples is mitochondrial DNA.

Too late. Nature had this idea a log time ago. We all carry ancient and recent genomes of viruses and bacterias. The best examples is mitochondrial DNA.
Okay. But I did not have any control over that. With knowledge, I can control what i put into my mouth - if my government allows me to know how a product was produced.

Okay. But I did not have any control over that. With knowledge, I can control what i put into my mouth - if my government allows me to know how a product was produced.
I'm for labeling everything. I would like to even know a name of the farm my eggs and pork was grown on. Though there is obvious limitation about knowing everything about your food. Every piece of meat of veggies contain tens of thousands of different molecules.

This thread has been viewed 22909 times.

Back