uKvRNU7.png

Guess this mans ethnicity.

What phenotype would this be?

No one wants to play?

Bumpy Bump

Irish / Scott
Or Northern Albanian.

Albanian? kosovar?

That is something I thought too, since I have seen this phenotype, although its not the most common, but its not uncommon, especially the closer you get the Malësi.

Mainly the mature hairline, nose bridge, protrusions on the forehead etc.

But no he is not Albanian/Kosovar.

Scandinavian, Dutch, English or Northern German.

Which one of those you think is more likely?

What phenotype would this be? The man in the picture.

Irish / Scott
Or Northern Albanian.

So I am not the only Albanian thinking that. Could have sworn that face was very familiar.

He looks English to me, from somewhere where there's more Danish, northern German influence.

Type is Nordic, I suppose.

He could be American too, but of the same ancestry.

So I am not the only Albanian thinking that. Could have sworn that face was very familiar.

I have a cousin who has a similar facial structure like that man, a bit more on the rounder side with the similar eye & nose expressions, imo it's not too uncommon in Malësi to see people like that. But my first choice would definitely somewhere in Ireland or Scotland. I don't really see him coming from a Slavic speaking region though.

The fair features would lead most to say NW Euro, but yet he looks strangely familiar. That profile is definitely suspicious.

Morphology doesn't seem typically NW Euro; there's a southern pull. I see more "Basic White" (if you guys know your Angel) + Alpine + some Nordic. Could, of course, be all kinds of things.

As per usual a lot of people nailed it/came very close.

Found the image on my timeline about some guy going to court.
Domestic violence warning, don't read if you get upset, this guy obviously has mental health problems:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...barker-jailed-domestic-violence-b1958363.html

He's from GB, so everyone that guessed British, Irish or Scottish could be right.

Now that I have though of it, the mix certainly looks some sort of more eastern shifted Danish like. All the features I have previously noted plus even the curling beard and hair made me think that's a face I have seen many times around Albania. Hence why I made this "guess" thread. More so in my mind he has some clear Roman input mixed with Nordic input. Just thinking of Roman and Ancient Greek busts that profile is very common.

Domestic violence warning, don't read if you get upset, this guy obviously has mental health problems:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...barker-jailed-domestic-violence-b1958363.html

He's from GB, so everyone that guessed British, Irish or Scottish could be right.

Now that I have though of it, the mix certainly looks some sort of more eastern shifted Danish like. All the features I have previously noted plus even the curling beard and hair made me think that's a face I have seen many times around Albania. Hence why I made this "guess" thread. More so in my mind he has some clear Roman input mixed with Nordic input. Just thinking of Roman and Ancient Greek busts that profile is very common.

The large forehead :p

The brow bones protruding, in combination with the hairline too. With a low fat cheekbones, longish face. Curly hair and beard.

The brow bones protruding, in combination with the hairline too. With a low fat cheekbones, longish face. Curly hair and beard.

Here in Malësi the long face is very common, I myself have this trait, also weaker chins are common here too, I believe Edith Durham labeled them looking like "geese" large noses, slim & tall, with weak chins.

That's it. This is a bad guy.

Callused hands, slightly curly hair and beard. Hard, thin and long face. The very fair, pink skin, and all the very light facial hair (hair, beard, eyebrows). These features wouldn't let me define him as someone who might be native to somewhere in southern Europe. In fact a very English type, as Angela guessed.

That's it. This is a bad guy.

Callused hands, slightly curly hair and beard. Hard, thin and long face. The very fair, pink skin, and all the very light facial hair (hair, beard, eyebrows). These features wouldn't let me define him as someone who might be native to somewhere in southern Europe. In fact a very English type, as Angela guessed.

I had no hesitation about it; English was my instant, gut response.

After reading your post, I just went to search for Jason Staham, who had been niggling at the back of my mind. He's darker, but the same English type, I think.
jasonstatham-004.jpg

a-rare-genetic-mutation-in-a-large-utah-family-traced-back-to-1700s-denmark

I think the break in the nose is from fighting; he didn't have it when young. :)

Scandinavian Nordics look different to me; softer, somehow, like Alexander Skarsgard.

Alexander-Skarsgard-blonde-men-hairstyles.jpg

When Italians are pretty fair and what some might call Nordic looking, it's a different look again: that pinkish white skin is more rare, although they're still very fair skinned, and the hair seems to turn dark blonde pretty young, although that's often true with a lot of Scandinavians too. I think the pinky, fair skin is a pretty good indication of British Isles ancestry. Plus, the skull is usually more broad in Italians.

Stefano Casiraghi
db2c109910285a915ce7e4391f18af56.jpg

attachment.php

My Dad was more this type. Old pictures darken, so you can't really tell, but his hair was still a dirty blonde at 30, and his eyes were green. The skull is broad, though not as broad as Casiraghi's, but also definitely long, so it was huge, a trait I inherited from him, unfortunately. Then add all my thick hair, and the only hats that ever fit me were men's hats, because they come in different sizes. :) Oh, his nose goes to the side because it was broken; futbol was one of his passions.

spOzP2a.jpg

GB makes sense (they're pretty much a mix of the types I've described above, I believe). But you only know his nationality, not his actual ancestry, right?

I was expecting you to say he was Albanian, because I've seen these types of "Scottish" Albanians. Perfect "guess the race" thread curveballs.

I had no hesitation about it; English was my instant, gut response.

After reading your post, I just went to search for Jason Staham, who had been niggling at the back of my mind. He's darker, but the same English type, I think.
jasonstatham-004.jpg

a-rare-genetic-mutation-in-a-large-utah-family-traced-back-to-1700s-denmark

I think the break in the nose is from fighting; he didn't have it when young. :)

Scandinavian Nordics look different to me; softer, somehow, like Alexander Skarsgard.

Alexander-Skarsgard-blonde-men-hairstyles.jpg

When Italians are pretty fair and what some might call Nordic looking, it's a different look again: that pinkish white skin is more rare, although they're still very fair skinned, and the hair seems to turn dark blonde pretty young, although that's often true with a lot of Scandinavians too. I think the pinky, fair skin is a pretty good indication of British Isles ancestry. Plus, the skull is usually more broad in Italians.

Stefano Casiraghi
db2c109910285a915ce7e4391f18af56.jpg

attachment.php

My Dad was more this type. Old pictures darken, so you can't really tell, but his hair was still a dirty blonde at 30, and his eyes were green. The skull is broad, though not as broad as Casiraghi's, but also definitely long, so it was huge, a trait I inherited from him, unfortunately. Then add all my thick hair, and the only hats that ever fit me were men's hats, because they come in different sizes. :) Oh, his nose goes to the side because it was broken; futbol was one of his passions.

spOzP2a.jpg

Tom Hiddleston, another example...
Tom-Hiddleston_5-699x1024.jpg

e545c452beca201a869e41277beca5f8.jpg

This thread has been viewed 6767 times.

Back