(NEW) GenePlaza K12 Ancient Calculator Results

Sorry, gentlemen, I would bet Balkan, maybe Albanian. On this particular calculator that's what fits the pattern.

Scolari is, in the vast majority of cases, a northern Italian surname. Those results don't fit the pattern for northern Italians on this calculator.
http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turi...i-italia?cognome=Scolari&x=0&y=0#.We9e0tenHIW

Those also aren't the kind of results a southern Italian would get.

Maybe he's a football fan. :)

http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turi...i-italia?cognome=Scolari&x=0&y=0#.We9e0tenHIW

turismo-viaggi-e-tradizioni-italia

turismo-viaggi-e-tradizioni-italia

Sorry, gentlemen, I would bet Balkan, maybe Albanian. On this particular calculator that's what fits the pattern.

Scolari is, in the vast majority of cases, a northern Italian surname. Those results don't fit the pattern for northern Italians on this calculator.
http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo-viaggi-e-tradizioni-italia?cognome=Scolari&x=0&y=0#.We9e0tenHIW

Those also aren't the kind of results a southern Italian would get.

Because he is most likely not fully northern Italian (maybe southern Italian ancestor).

north Italian score 4-8% whg in this calculator

north Italian score 4-8% whg in this calculator
so mine is near the max
WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years) 7.9%

or are you using some K36 results like mine below

Mixed people are obviously going to get some results that aren't going to fit the Northern/Tuscan/Southern pattern for Italy. Also, it looks like Gheg Albanians look pretty much like a mix of 2/3 Northern Italian and 1/3 Southern Italian. :) Scolari's scores are very similar indeed to those of Dibran.

Bulgarian/Gheg Albanian/Scolari

Ancient farmers: 65.7/74.8/73.4
Western: 19.8/31.2/31.6
Eastern: 35/34/26.5
Levant: 4.0/4.2/5.6
Iran Chal.: 6.8/5.4/9.4

Steppe: 30.9/25.1/25.6
Karasuk/E. Scythian: 10.1/7.0/5.3
Andronovo: 11.4/10.6/10.1
Yamnaya: 9.3/7.6/10.2

WHG/SHG: 1.9/0/0
E.African: 1.2/.3/1.3
Eastern Non-African: .3/0/0

Oh, has anyone who is 100% Tuscan or Umbrian or something taken this and posted scores anywhere? That would be interesting.

Scolari, you might want to add to your profile that your ethnicity is Italian as it saves confusion given that you reside in Switzerland and thus "fly" the Swiss flag.

I suppose East European Farmers are partly linked to Anatolia_Chl and the degree of affinity with Iran_N / CHG and Levant_N has acquired it through Anatolia_Chl. In fact, I am part of a Swiss Italian origin, which belongs to the Italian ethnic group, for which I had inserted the Swiss flag, but to create less confusion I replaced it as genetically more Italian

I2G7ZO8.png

Uploading my raw data from the 23andme V5 chip, and I noticed this text I highlighted.

How many variants did other people upload initially?

If I'm remembering correctly I got the same message, and I have a much older kit.

If I'm remembering correctly I got the same message, and I have a much older kit.

That's good, so there probably won't be a big discrepancy with the results as implied by Aha. Perhaps he misunderstood what Kush had said. I originally did 23andme, mainly to do this test.

In this chart we can see how many Autosomal SNPs each version tests for:

mfxZers.png

https://dna-explained.com/category/23andme/

That's good, so there probably won't be a big discrepancy with the results as implied by Aha. Perhaps he misunderstood what Kush had said. I originally did 23andme, mainly to do this test.

In this chart we can see how many Autosomal SNPs each version tests for:

mfxZers.png

https://dna-explained.com/category/23andme/

Maybe I remembered incorrectly, then. I have the v3.

That's a lot more snps for the V5, which you would think would make it more accurate.

ElSkvQX.png

My results are in:

Ancient Farmers: 77.0%
  • Western European Farmers: 31.1%
  • Levant: 2.4%
  • Neolithic-Chalcolithic Iran-CHG: 6.3%
  • Eastern European Farmers: 37.1%

Steppe Cultures: 16.8%
  • Karasuk-E Scythian 8.7%
  • Andronovo-Srubanaya: 8.1%

Western European & Scandinavian Hunter Gatherers: 6.2%

^^The Western European and Scandinavian Hunter Gatherer number is unusual for a southern Italian. Would you mind telling us the name of your ancestral town? Are you aware of any ancestry from northern Italy?

ElSkvQX.png

My results are in:

Ancient Farmers: 77.0%
  • Western European Farmers: 31.1%
  • Levant: 2.4%
  • Neolithic-Chalcolithic Iran-CHG: 6.3%
  • Eastern European Farmers: 37.1%

Steppe Cultures: 16.8%
  • Karasuk-E Scythian 8.7%
  • Andronovo-Srubanaya: 8.1%

Western European & Scandinavian Hunter Gatherers: 6.2%

Yep even my Admixture is more like South Europe. Maybe one or more of your ancestors came to south Italy??

^^The Western European and Scandinavian Hunter Gatherer number is unusual for a southern Italian. Would you mind telling us the name of your ancestral town? Are you aware of any ancestry from northern Italy?

Altamura, and Molfetta; both in the province of Bari. They've come from there as far back as we can remember.

Could just be the version. His results could be perfectly normal for this version.

Yes, I think you're right. We have to wait and see what other Southern Italians using v5 get.

Plus Salento's results from the old one is real different from Jovialis's (is that how you spell? Lol) and he should "come out" :wink::p:p:innocent: like he did using this one, inside jokes aside....

My Western European and Scandinavian Hunter Gatherer (4000-5000 years): 5.8%

The Rest is very similar to Jovalis.

This thread has been viewed 134646 times.

Back