Are South Slavs more Balkan Native than Slavic?

Illyrians proper of Pliny are just the red area,the rest are just called so.
Even Italy it initially referred to the tip of the Italian peninsula, now called Calabria; during the Roman Empire, it was extended to refer to the whole Italian geographical region (including the islands of Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica).
So no confusion Illyria is geographical region we even have Illyria Graeca.
1600px-Illyrians_%28English%29.svg.png
the map is an indication of what it was when Pliny was alive, it does not reflect the full lands of the illyrians as per their link/mix with celts in austria and slovenia as per halstatt culture..
proper illyrians are basically what was described by byzantine and venetian scholars in later articles as the rugusans ,( republic of ragusa ) or South Dalmatian illyrians....who , if this map is correct, must have lost coastal south Montenegro by 1000AD.............venetian archives state Montenegro was inhabited by, northern coast where dalmatians, south coast where albanians and the inland was only croats and serbs, bosnians never entered Montenegro.
Bosnians came from one small illyrian tribe called the Poseni , which over time the P became a B

Gedmatch is not more reliable than scientifically published papers, which all illustrate the same point...majority of Albanians plot between Tuscans and Mainland Greeks, generally eastern shifted Tuscans.
I didn't say it's less accurate than public places but other autosomal sites who link ethnicity to geographical plots which is nonsense.

In the case of Ancestry.com 23&me and Familydna My Heritage etc their plots vary dramatically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8lMfGqSrwg&t=314s

And which GED match I only trust it's literal ethnicity test the K36 result? Which gives you an actual ethnicity breakdown not ''where do I plot in the world according to my genetic make up'' breakdown.

You are close to Macedonian Greeks and Balkan Slavs.

Last edited:
I suggest you read up on the corinthian greeks , who discovered, created all the coastal towns in modern south montengro and all of albania..........begin at 750BC
basically the south adriatic sea was corinthian greek seas, they colonised the bulk of this area.

as for your tuscan/central italian union.......it most likely is via the corinthians and their link between albania and central italy, starting from ancona and moving south

Thank you very interesting

Illyrians Romance Slavs Romans mixed with Slavic people from Balkans

Thracians Slavic Romance people mainly Balkan Slav with a hint of Roman

the map is an indication of what it was when Pliny was alive, it does not reflect the full lands of the illyrians as per their link/mix with celts in austria and slovenia as per halstatt culture.. . proper illyrians are basically what was described by byzantine and venetian scholars in later articles as the rugusans ,( republic of ragusa ) or South Dalmatian illyrians....who , if this map is correct, must have lost coastal south Montenegro by 1000AD.............venetian archives state Montenegro was inhabited by, northern coast where dalmatians, south coast where albanians and the inland was only croats and serbs, bosnians never entered Montenegro. Bosnians came from one small illyrian tribe called the Poseni , which over time the P became a B

There was lot of misunderstanding about the meaning of the term Dalmatian (in its “ethnic” rather then regional sense) in Venetian sources. You’ve probably heard of this famous Venetian Croat:

Fausto Veranzio (Latin: Faustus Verantius; Croatian: Faust Vrančić; Hungarian and Vernacular Latin: Verancsics Faustus)[1][2] (circa 1551 – January 17, 1617)[3] was a Croatian[4][5][6] polymath and bishop from Šibenik, then part of the Venetian Republic and today part of Croatia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fausto_Veranzio

Veranzio was the author of a five-language dictionary,[23] Dictionarium quinque nobilissimarum Europæ linguarum, Latinæ, Italicæ, Germanicæ, Dalmatiæ, & Vngaricæ,[24] published in Venice in 1595, with 5,000 entries for each language: Latin, Italian, German, the Dalmatian vernacular (in particular, the chakavian dialect of Croatian) and Hungarian. These he called the "five noblest European languages" ("quinque nobilissimarum Europæ linguarum").[25]

In Venetian sources, Dalmatian (as well as Illyrian) was, most of the time, a synonym for ethnic Croatian.

There was lot of misunderstanding about the meaning of the term Dalmatian (in its “ethnic” rather then regional sense) in Venetian sources. You’ve probably heard of this famous Venetian Croat:
Croatians now inhabit that part which is mapped out as Dalmatia if that's what you mean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fausto_Veranzio

In Venetian sources, Dalmatian (as well as Illyrian) was, most of the time, a synonym for ethnic Croatian.
Montenegrin are ethnically Southern Serb in general Croatians are closer to North Serbs. But in general out of all the Europeans Croats and Serbs are the most close racially and genetically.

Montenegrin are ethnically Southern Serb in general Croatians are closer to North Serbs. But in general out of all the Europeans Croats and Serbs are the most close racially and genetically.

Montenegrins are ehnically just what their name say - Montenegrins.

Croats and Serbs are not "the most close racially and genetically out of all the Europeans ". There is no data that indicate what you said.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/figure?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0105090.g00

Btw. there is no such a thing as Norh Serbs. There did you get that from?

Montenegrin declare themselves Serbs I know enough Serbs and Montenegrin to know that

Every PCA I've seen so far places Croats next to Hungarians. Serbs are always shifted towards Bulgarians and Albanians.

Albanians from Kosovo match with Serbs Albanians from Italy match with South Italians from Abruzzo and Calabria Albanians from North Greece match with Macedonians and no look again at the map the only thing that separates you is Moldovan not Hungarian, Hungarian are close to Austrian Austrian Hungarian empire because the plot is closer doesn't mean you plot with them Croatians will plot closer to Serbs than Hungarians are Austrians you're even geographically closer to Serbia than Hungary even Hungary is probably closer to Serbia than Croatia Croatia even borders the Roman part of Italy.

https://i.imgur.com/Nbq858O.png

Montenegrin declare themselves Serbs I know enough Serbs and Montenegrin to know that

No.

Only a part of Montenegrins started to declare themselves as Serbs after 1991. Montenegro is under a jurisdiction of Serb Orthodox Church which has been actively promoting Serb identity among its belevers. The division is mainly political and ideological rather then ethnical.

No.

Only a part of Montenegrins started to declare themselves as Serbs after 1991. Montenegro is under s jurisdiction of Serb Orthodox Church which has been actively promoting Serb identity. The division is mainly political and ideological rather then ethnical.

#That part of them is related to South Serbs everyone declared themselves independent after the breakup of Yugoslavia the Balkan wars was to dismantle Serbian ownership and control of that whole region. It wasn't about independent states or the poor Bosnian women being raped which no one in the West gave a ....about

It was about Western control stepping in and not letting a Orthodox nations control things. Much like the whole let's bomb Iran because of human right violations but we will continue to fund IS militants and have tea parties with the Saudis.

Orthodox and Shia Muslim Independence by a mainly Sunni Muslim and Catholic Islamic and Christian world is frowned upon

Albanians from Kosovo match with Serbs Albanians from Italy match with South Italians from Abruzzo and Calabria Albanians from North Greece match with Macedonians and no look again at the map the only thing that separates you is Moldovan not Hungarian, Hungarian are close to Austrian Austrian Hungarian empire because the plot is closer doesn't mean you plot with them Croatians will plot closer to Serbs than Hungarians are Austrians you're even geographically closer to Serbia than Hungary even Hungary is probably closer to Serbia than Croatia Croatia even borders the Roman part of Italy.

https://i.imgur.com/Nbq858O.png

I must admit that I haven’t understood what you wrote above.

The image that you linked confirms what I previously stated.

I must admit that I haven’t understood what you wrote above.

The image that you linked confirms what I previously stated.

There are many different types of Albanians. Albanians are mixed with what countries they settled in Albanians don't plot with Albanians. Albanians in Italy plot with Italians from the South Italy Calabria Sicily Abruzzo Puglia etc , not Romans. Albanians who live in Greece plot in Macedonia and Epirus racially. Albanians who live in Kosovo plot next to Serbs.

Croatians do not plot with Hungarians neither are they closer to Hungarians, you are closer to North Serbs therefore you are simply more Northern than general Serbs that plotting in a general Serb plot.

Croatians generally plot next to North Serbs more so than Hungarians. That map places you simply above ''general'' Serbian matches therefore closer to Hungary who, according to GED match , are more North European than Serbs of any descent including North Serbs and all Croats. That however does not make you closer to Hungarians than Serbs but just makes you more North European than general Serbs which is why I said you are close to North Serbs generally.

North Italians are less from the Balkans than South Italians therefore also close to Franks, Austrians Longobards etc than their Greco counterparts. But as a collective North Italians are still Italians and will also plot with South Italians and have common ground with them.

You are closer to North Serbs than any other European ethnic people ​North Serbs not general Serbs.

There are many different types of Albanians. Albanians are mixed with what countries they settled in Albanians don't plot with Albanians. Albanians in Italy plot with Italians from the South Italy Calabria Sicily Abruzzo Puglia etc , not Romans. Albanians who live in Greece plot in Macedonia and Epirus racially. Albanians who live in Kosovo plot next to Serbs.

Croatians do not plot with Hungarians neither are they closer to Hungarians, you are closer to North Serbs therefore you are simply more Northern than general Serbs that plotting in a general Serb plot.

Croatians generally plot next to North Serbs more so than Hungarians. That map places you simply above ''general'' Serbian matches therefore closer to Hungary who, according to GED match are more North European than both Serbs of any descent including North Serbs and all Croats. That however does not make you closer to Hungarians than Serbs but just makes you more North European than general Serbs which is why I said you are close to North Serbs generally.

North Italians are less from the Balkans than South Italians therefore also close to Franks Austrians Longobards etc than their Greco counterparts. But as a collective North Italians are still Italians and will also plot with South Italians and have common ground with them.

You are closer to North Serbs than any other European ethnic people ​North Serbs not general Serbs.

Ther is no such a thing as "North Serbs"? I've never heard about that.

Where did you get the idea that Croats do not plot with Hungarians? I've showed you a PCA plot. Where is the problem?

North Serbs and South Serbs Serbians who are generally Northern regions and Serbs who are generally Southern yes they differ not all Serbs are Dinaric some Serbs are Alpine and Pontid especially in the Southern regions and Montenegrin region, if Bachus was here he would tell you

Some Serbians can be Alpine Mediterranean also but rarely than Dinaric

North Serbs and South Serbs Serbians who are generally Northern regions and Serbs who are generally Southern yes they differ not all Serbs are Dinaric some Serbs are Alpine and Pontid especially in the Southern regions and Montenegrin region, if Bachus was here he would tell you

Some Serbians can be Alpine Mediterranean also but rarely than Dinaric

You are obviously not familiar with the subject. I'm afraid that Bachus either misinformed you or you haven't understand properly what he said. Or, most likely, both of that.

This thread has been viewed 251461 times.

Back