• Marco Rubio

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he obtained her password one way or another? I know it happens sometimes, that is why passwords are encouraged to be more complex these days as it can be an ongoing affair with some people

I just keep thinking about her (Huma) and their child. Could he possibly do this to her after she stood by him for so long?

anthony-weiner-huma-abedin.jpg

Look at what he reduced her to...
19WEINERweb-master768.jpg

This wasn't the first "October surprise" of this election cycle. There was the theft and publication of Trump's tax return, and then the tape of Trump talking about women with Billy Bush on Access Hollywood.

I also don't think we've seen the last of the "October surprises". They're rather a tradition in American politics. These are articles about them.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/po...r-surprises/pKID2U6n1wAXn231C54WQP/story.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...016/10/29/history-october-surprises/92951812/

Among the ones I remember most clearly is the Bush v Gore campaign.

"Five days before the election, word surfaced that Bush had been arrested on a misdemeanor drunken driving charge in 1976. Republicans said the release of 24-year-old information at such a time was a Democratic dirty trick, and a Democratic activist acknowledged he had tipped off reporters.Bush won anyway, but many of his advisers thought the news depressed turnout among social conservatives and made the race much closer than it would have been otherwise."

Another one that I remember was just before Bush #1 vs. Bill Clinton. Cap Weinberger, the Defense Secretary was indicted by a judge a few days before the election on Iran-Contra related charges. Bush, who had been ahead in the polls, tanked and Clinton won.

Oh, Democrat National Committee Interim Chair Donna Brazile has been let go from her position at CNN because WikiLeaks has revealed e-mails that make it clear that she on more than one occasion passed to Hillary Clinton the questions which would be asked of her at the CNN run debate.

I feel bad about this one because I always thought she seemed like a very nice woman. What could she have been thinking that she would allow herself to get involved with something like this?
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/donna-brazile-wikileaks-cnn.html?_r=0

Meanwhile, charges are flying around that Russia in back of WikiLeaks, and that it's because Donald Trump did business with Russia.

I always feel like I should take a shower after I read a lot of articles about this election

This wasn't the first "October surprise" of this election cycle. There was the theft and publication of Trump's tax return, and then the tape of Trump talking about women with Billy Bush on Access Hollywood.

I also don't think we've seen the last of the "October surprises". They're rather a tradition in American politics. These are articles about them.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/po...r-surprises/pKID2U6n1wAXn231C54WQP/story.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...016/10/29/history-october-surprises/92951812/

Among the ones I remember most clearly is the Bush v Gore campaign.

"Five days before the election, word surfaced that Bush had been arrested on a misdemeanor drunken driving charge in 1976. Republicans said the release of 24-year-old information at such a time was a Democratic dirty trick, and a Democratic activist acknowledged he had tipped off reporters.Bush won anyway, but many of his advisers thought the news depressed turnout among social conservatives and made the race much closer than it would have been otherwise."

Another one that I remember was just before Bush #1 vs. Bill Clinton. Cap Weinberger, the Defense Secretary was indicted by a judge a few days before the election on Iran-Contra related charges. Bush, who had been ahead in the polls, tanked and Clinton won.

Oh, Democrat National Committee Interim Chair Donna Brazile has been let go from her position at CNN because WikiLeaks has revealed e-mails that make it clear that she on more than one occasion passed to Hillary Clinton the questions which would be asked of her at the CNN run debate.

I feel bad about this one because I always thought she seemed like a very nice woman. What could she have been thinking that she would allow herself to get involved with something like this?
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/donna-brazile-wikileaks-cnn.html?_r=0

Meanwhile, charges are flying around that Russia in back of WikiLeaks, and that it's because Donald Trump did business with Russia.

I always feel like I should take a shower after I read a lot of articles about this election

Well at least if you don't like where the Politics are going, you can at least also vote for the Judicial and Legislative Politicians; in other words vote for Congress and Judges of your liking. The Executive, Judicial and Legislature are in place in American Government so no one man has all the power like a monarchy. Here is a video that dates back to 1948 when America was "great" that talks about Government. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_DaMKUP3Og
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_light]Anti Communist Propaganda

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]www.youtube.com[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]An animated anti-communist film produced by the US in 1948. This is funny stuff and the quality of the animation considering it was produced by a college is absolutly ...[/FONT]
[/FONT]

https://kids.usa.gov/three-branches-of-government/index.shtml

We need Sanders for president!!! Forget the criminal (Hillary) and the Nazi who would erect a shrine for Hitler(Trump)

We need Sanders for president!!! Forget the criminal (Hillary) and the Nazi who would erect a shrine for Hitler(Trump)

If we can convince all the non-voters to Vote for Sanders we might still have a chance.

If we can convince all the non-voters to Vote for Sanders we might still have a chance.

Not really. Sure, he could theoretically win states (like Vermont) where all write-ins count, or states (like California) where he is on the list of official write-in candidates, but I doubt there are enough states like that for him to win outright. And he needs to win outright to win. If the election gets thrown to the House of Representatives, the Republicans are the majority there and will pick a Republican.

The Europeans, and so-called "Canadians" really need to stay out of foreign elections. My country is run by a moron who thinks he's some sort of French royalty. Can we create a thread and trash that guy instead?

The Europeans, and so-called "Canadians" really need to stay out of foreign elections. My country is run by a moron who thinks he's some sort of French royalty. Can we create a thread and trash that guy instead?
Do you mean Canadian PM?

US politics and policies influence the whole world and touch lives of everyone on this planet. In this case perhaps whole planet should elect US president?

My country is run by a moron who thinks he's some sort of French royalty. Can we create a thread and trash that guy instead?
I wouldn't say he is a moron, but more like a trophy wife. He travels around the world, stands by other leaders and looks pretty. Like recent visit to sign free trade agreement with EU. Quite an accomplishment in today's isolationist and parochial atmosphere in Europe and America, wouldn't you say? The problem is that this free trade was initiated and almost completely accomplished by our previous Progressive Conservative Prime Minister Harper, but Trudeau had no problem taking all the credit, and look pretty on pictures.

Talking about CETA, I was proud of Donald Tusk speech. A real Citizen of the World from Poland. This doesn't happen too often.

This elections in USA remember me some elections in Albania and other ex-communist countries. This are a clear prove of the political crisis in USA. And this political crisis is the result of economicall crisis. Both candidates don`t convince me. But this Trump is a real danger for the USA.

This elections in USA remember me some elections in Albania and other ex-communist countries. This are a clear prove of the political crisis in USA. And this political crisis is the result of economicall crisis. Both candidates don`t convince me. But this Trump is a real danger for the USA.
And a proof that most people can't think logically and objectively. Most people will go with their "gut feeling", that is overwhelmingly with their fear, insecurities, and hope of promised financial gains. This is hardly a surprise though, as we knew that since ages.

And a proof that most people can't think logically and objectively. Most people will go with their "gut feeling", that is overwhelmingly with their fear, insecurities, and hope of promised financial gains. This is hardly a surprise though, as we knew that since ages.

It's called populism. You speak to the people about their problems, of their fears, etc, but you don't give solutions to the problems. This is exactly what Trump is doing in his campaign. A candidat for President of USA who don't have an idea about the American policy on China!!!
From the other side, a grandmother as a President of USA is nonsense.

It's called populism. You speak to the people about their problems, of their fears, etc, but you don't give solutions to the problems. This is exactly what Trump is doing in his campaign. A candidat for President of USA who don't have an idea about the American policy on China!!!
From the other side, a grandmother as a President of USA is nonsense.
Why not? There were so many grandfathers as presidents.

There are grandmothers and there are grandmothers. Both Gold Meir and Margaret Thatcher were grandmothers when they led their countries. Whether you liked them or disliked them I don't know how anyone could think they weren't tough enough for the job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golda_Meir

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Thatcher

Actually, in my experience there's no one as tough as elderly women. Men often get less aggressive, less domineering as they get older. Some become positively sweet and tender, leading many a parent to look at the interactions between grandfather and grandchildren and wonder, "Where was this person when I was a child myself?"

Women, on the other hand can get "tougher", less compromising.

It's my own pet theory that this reflects hormonal changes, the loss of estrogen in women and the loss of testosterone and other male hormones in men.

Whatever the cause, ask older people if they're aware of it, and I think you'll find that it's not uncommon: not universal, but not uncommon.

Ahh Democracy .... what a beautiful thing you are 😔

Ahh Democracy .... what a beautiful thing you are ������
You are right, not everybody can handle it. It's only for grownups. ;)

Not really. Sure, he could theoretically win states (like Vermont) where all write-ins count, or states (like California) where he is on the list of official write-in candidates, but I doubt there are enough states like that for him to win outright. And he needs to win outright to win. If the election gets thrown to the House of Representatives, the Republicans are the majority there and will pick a Republican.
It was worth a try :)

Anyways just saw this on the news, an 111 year old African American church from Greenville Mississippi was graffitied with the words "vote for Trump" and set on fire.
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37842977

Last edited:
There are grandmothers and there are grandmothers. Both Gold Meir and Margaret Thatcher were grandmothers when they led their countries. Whether you liked them or disliked them I don't know how anyone could think they weren't tough enough for the job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golda_Meir

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Thatcher

Actually, in my experience there's no one as tough as elderly women. Men often get less aggressive, less domineering as they get older. Some become positively sweet and tender, leading many a parent to look at the interactions between grandfather and grandchildren and wonder, "Where was this person when I was a child myself?"

Women, on the other hand can get "tougher", less compromising.

It's my own pet theory that this reflects hormonal changes, the loss of estrogen in women and the loss of testosterone and other male hormones in men.

Whatever the cause, ask older people if they're aware of it, and I think you'll find that it's not uncommon: not universal, but not uncommon.
These two cases are an exception to the rule, not the rule.

1-Golda Mabovitch (Ukrainian: Ґольда Мабович) was born on May 3, 1898– December 8, 1978.
4th Prime Minister of Israel In office 17 March 1969 – 3 June 1974.

She was elected as Prime Minister of Israel at the age of 71 years old and she stayed in the duty until the age of 76 years.

Resignation

Following the Yom Kippur War, Meir's government was plagued by infighting and questions over Israel's lack of preparation for the war. The Agranat Commission appointed to investigate the war cleared her of "direct responsibility", and related to her actions on Yom Kippur morning;
She decided wisely, with common sense and speedily, in favour of the full mobilization of the reserves, as recommended by the chief-of-staff, despite weighty political considerations, thereby performing a most important service for the defence of the state.[44]
Her party won the elections in December 1973, but she resigned on April 11, 1974, bowing to what she felt was the "will of the people" and what she felt was a sufficient premiership as well as the pending pressures of forming a coalition; "Five years are sufficient...It is beyond my strength to continue carrying this burden."[44][46] Yitzhak Rabin succeeded her on June 3, 1974.

2-Margaret Hilda Thatcher, Baroness Thatcher, LG, OM, PC, FRS, FRIC (née Roberts; 13 October 1925 – 8 April 2013).
Prime Minister of the United Kingdom In office 4 May 1979 – 28 November 1990.

She was elected Prime Minister of Britain at the age of 54 years old until the age of 65 years old.

3-Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton (/ˈhɪləri daɪˈæn ˈrɒdəm ˈklɪntən/; born October 26, 1947.
If she win, she will be elected as the President of USA at the age of 70 years old. But she has the right for an second mandate.
Honestly i can not imagine an President of USA at the age of 78 years old, in a hypothetical situation being faced with the dilemma whether to push the nuke button or not. Remember me the dinosaurs of Politburo in ex-communists countries.
About Trump, maybe he is good as a moderator at Stormfront or other anthroforums, but not as President of USA.
The problem is not if she is tough or agressive.
My opinion is that both candidates, especially Trump, don`t have an large support even in their political parties. This is a signal of the problems of the political system in the USA. The USA are a young nation but a consolidated democracy. The characteristic in political life of USA, especially during the XX century, has always been the role of the political system and the role of the individual(the President). During the XX century in difficult moments when the system has not worked, we have see great Presidents, like Roosevelt or Reagan, just to mention a couple of them, who have lead this nation in victory. For me is not important if the President of USA is he or she, white or black. But in this delicate moments when the world is in what is considered by many a WWIII, i don`t think is the right moment to make experiments with Obama, Hillary or Trump, because it`s the system who have problems now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 707000 times.

Back