Is anyone here of haplogroup U2e?

Hello to everybody. My halpogroup is U2e1. Originally from Pamir-Alay (Fergana Valley). Live in USA. I didn’t find any similarity with halpogroups of my nationality. When I see the pictures of people from Murlo Italy (most people of Murlo has also U2e1). I found that my face type and my skin looks exactly same with this people. If anybody has explanation of this fact. Thank you.

Physical appearance doesn't track with mtDna, although there are a lot of health implications. You can look them up online.

You can see the spread of U2e in the map upthread.

For what it's worth, I'm U2e as well, but U2e2. There's a lot of U2e1 in the Baltic region.

Physical appearance doesn't track with mtDna, although there are a lot of health implications. You can look them up online.

You can see the spread of U2e in the map upthread.

For what it's worth, I'm U2e as well, but U2e2. There's a lot of U2e1 in the Baltic region.

In the samples from Murlo, Volterra and Casentino there were some U2e.

U2eMurlo 5 (5.8)Volterra 1 (0.9)
Casentino 1 (0.8)
Total 7 (2.2)

I would bet money that most health supposed implications of mtDNA (for example, see this thread) are false positives:

SlateStarCodex said:
https://slatestarcodex.com/2019/05/07/5-httlpr-a-pointed-review/

The problem isn’t that people studied this. The problem is that the studies came out positive when they shouldn’t have. This was a perfectly fine thing to study before we understood genetics well, but the whole point of studying is that, once you have done 450 studies on something, you should end up with more knowledge than you started with. In this case we ended up with less.

(Of course, mtDNA is still useful for making friends now that Astrology has become passé.)

For what it's worth, I'm U2e as well, but U2e2.
Oh! Hello, I'm U2e1a.

mtDNA: U2e1d

Read that it is "rare". Maciamo has locations for U2e1c and U2e1e, but nothing on U2e1d:

• U2e1c : found in northern Europe / found in Late Neolithic France and in Bell Beaker Switzerland
  • U2e1d
  • U2e1e : found in the Sintashta culture

My maternal line goes back to Mary Parnell (nee Mann), b. Abt.1790 - Massachusetts, USA, d. Abt.1871 - ???. Her husband and daughter, Maria Spear, were born in Menton, MA, which was settled from Braintree, MA. Maria Spear's in-laws were all born in Braintree. Braintree was named after Braintree, Essex, UK, from which some of the early settlers emigrated. John Adams and John Hancock were from Braintree. The related surnames - Mann, Parnell, Spear, Thayer, Niles, and Fenton - all look to be of English (Anglo-Saxon) stock.

New member U2e1a

I belong also to this MT-DNA haplogroup U2e1a.
And in the past 200-300 years, the ansectors on my mothers side are almost only from Zuid-Holland, Netherlands and some Germany.

23andMe tells me:

[h=4]Your maternal haplogroup, U2e1a, traces back to a woman who lived approximately 8,500 years ago.[/h][FONT=&quot]That's nearly 340 generations ago! What happened between then and now? As researchers and citizen scientists discover more about your haplogroup, new details may be added to the story of your maternal line.[/FONT]

[h=4]U2e1a is frequent among 23andMe customers.[/h][FONT=&quot]Today, you share your haplogroup with all the maternal-line descendants of the common ancestor of U2e1a, including other 23andMe customers.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 29687 times.

Back