Turks with 10 - 25% Mongoloid admixture ( Turkish people autosomal DNA )

Gurka atla

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new and I'm Turk with origins from Ankara and I was raised in Spain now live in in the U.K as a student.

I want to ask you guys, why is it that DNA results shows many Turks have 10-25% Mongoloid admixture but yet greeks, Armenians or Kurds samples are 0%? that this mean really our ancestors were Mongoloid and if it was will this change the way you look at Turks? I did a DNA test and I came out having 22% Mongoloid ( Siberian 14.7% + 7.3% East Asian ). I really don't understand what's the meaning of this but at first the results surprised me so much that I even doubt if I was a pure Turk and my family told me they are just Turks. So I did a lot genetic research of Turks on the forum and found I'm not the only one with such odd results. Here is what I found while searching for more data.

Turkish Aydin

ADMIXTURE+Turkish_Aydin_Ho_3.png

1 Sample 18.5% Mongoloid admixture
2 Sample 18% Mongoloid admixture
1 Sample 17% Mongoloid admixture
3 Sample 15% Mongoloid admixture

------------------------

1 Sample 13.7% Mongoloid admixture
2 Sample 13.5% Mongoloid admixture
1 Sample 12.5% Mongoloid admixture

-----------------------

1 Sample 8% Mongoloid admixture
2 Sample 3.5% Mongoloid admixture
1 Sample 2.5% Mongoloid admixture
1 Sample 2% Mongoloid admixture
1 Sample 0% Mongoloid admixture

Turkish Instanbul

ADMIXTURE+Turkish_Istanbul_Ho_3.png

2 Samples have 15% Mongoloid admixture
1 Samples have 13% Mongoloid admixture
2 Samples have 12.5% Mongoloid admixture

-----------------

1 Sample 8% Mongoloid admixture
2 Samples 6.8% Mongoloid admixture
9 Samples 4.5 - 6% Mongoloid admixture

----------------------

1 sample 0.5%

Turkish Kayseri
ADMIXTURE+Turkish_Kayseri_Ho_3.png

3 Samples 12 - 13%
5 Samples 6-7% Mongoloid
10 Samples 4-5% Mongoloid
5 Samples 3.5% Mongoloid

Last edited:
MORE DNA RESULTS
-----------------------

Top 5 most Asian Turks

1. Turk from Southern Mediterranean area/Adana (14%)

2. Turk from Central Turkey/Ankara

3. Turk from Northwestern Turkey/Bolu (12%)

4. Turk from Southwestern Turkey/Aydin (11-12%)

5. Turk from Central Turkey/Konya (9.6%)

I did research and was once again surprised by Turkish non-Caucasoid admixture in some samples. Mongoloid admixture can range from from 5 - 25% in Turkish people. I like to hear Turks explaining these results.

i2ulwm.jpg

Behar et al. (2010) Turks have 15.4% Central Asian admixture; if we add the 3 Dodecad Project Turks to the sample, this becomes 14.4%.

Last edited:
I was expecting less, about 8-10%

In Istanbul it's only about 6.8% or 7% however other parts of Turkey are 10-15%. Some or individual turks have 17% - 25% Mongoloid DNA but they tend to be rare especially those with over 20%.

hmm

if it goes like that I am expecting biggest concentration around north parts Kilikyia and second around Afyon,
and also a high one in Edirne.
Am I right?

It makes sense. I've read somewhere that Arab historians described the original Turks as "full-faced" and "squinty/small eyed". Sounds pretty mongoloid to me. Considering they came from Central Asia, this is no surprise at all.

One example of this is found in the book The History of the Prophets and Kings by historian Ibn Jarir al-Tabari.

"Ham [Africans] begat all those who are black and curly-haired, while Japheth [Turks] begat all those who are full-faced with small eyes, and Shem [Arabs] begat everyone who is handsome of face with beautiful hair."

"Ham [Africans] begat all those who are black and curly-haired, while Japheth [Turks] begat all those who are full-faced with small eyes, and Shem [Arabs] begat everyone who is handsome of face with beautiful hair."
Oh, these objective historians. This is actually shockingly funny.

Oh, these objective historians. This is actually shockingly funny.

That is exactly what I thought :D

I showed it to one of my Arab friends, and his only response was: "I am happy, LOL"

hmm

if it goes like that I am expecting biggest concentration around north parts Kilikyia and second around Afyon,
and also a high one in Edirne.
Am I right?

I really don't know. I'm very confused myself so kept searching for more data but I believe the highest Mongoloid admixture maybe in Southwest Turkey where they settled where Turkic group known as Comakdag who settle the land. They live in todays East Turkey Agean coast and have many odd looks.

800px-Aegean_Region_in_Turkey.svg.png

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...h?q=comakdag+Koyu&sa=X&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=624

It says there is no information about the origin and history of the name of the village. Even though most of them can look like Turkish some of them seem to look like a Asiatic hybrid Mongoloid/Caucasoid people but someone said their Turkic ancestry is higher than average Turkish.

1182242.jpg

comakdagiyoreselkiyafet.jpg

comakdaglilardan-vali-altiparmaka-ziyaret-mugla-20100112AY265050-01.jpg

comakdag-koyu-kadinlari.JPG

2re2z3s.jpg

34fbqfb.jpg

2lcbtd1.jpg

It makes sense. I've read somewhere that Arab historians described the original Turks as "full-faced" and "squinty/small eyed". Sounds pretty mongoloid to me. Considering they came from Central Asia, this is no surprise at all.

One example of this is found in the book The History of the Prophets and Kings by historian Ibn Jarir al-Tabari.

So does that mean original Turks were Mongoloid? Are am I not a real Turk? Why doesn't Azeris look like Turks from Central Asia but more Turkish. Actually I think many Turkmen can look like Turkish although I do believe they have heavy Mongoloid admixture in them.

Last edited:
So does that mean original Turks were Mongoloid? Are am I not a real Turk? Why doesn't Azeris look like Turks from Central Asia but more Turkish. Actually I think many Turkmen can look like Turkish although I do believe they have heavy Mongoloid admixture in them.
Original Turks that left their homeland (Turanic URHEIMAT), the Altai mountains, were already Turanic hybrids. That Turanic race was already (ad)mixed with Turco-Mongols and Iranic tribes.

Original Turks that left their homeland (Turanic URHEIMAT), the Altai mountains, were already Turanic hybrids. That Turanic race was already (ad)mixed with Turco-Mongols and Iranic tribes.

So does that mean that Turkish people are not closer to original Turks?

I though the heavy Asian looking Turkmen is the result of Mongol invasion. Aren't these Mongol descendant?

1z55e0p.jpg

984ms7.jpg

Actually by historians we know that there 2 kinds of Turks,

the Seljuk which were consider originally central Asian steppe people (Altaic ogur etc) settled in Kilikyia and then moved west but although they win they stop and settle (second settlements) at Matzikert and nearby areas,

other Turk tribes are Azheris, Caucasoid etc
Ottomans were considered as locals who adopted Turkish and Islam,

there is also a historical fact that Edirne (Adrianoupolis) was large scale inhabited by Turks.

the rest population is previous tribes nations etc who just adopted Ottomans' culture religion and language, and through time they created modern Turkey nation,

that is why I was expecting high Altaic- Central East Asian in Cilicia (Kilikyia) Afyon and Edirne,

Actually by historians we know that there 2 kinds of Turks,

the Seljuk which were consider originally central Asian steppe people (Altaic ogur etc) settled in Kilikyia and then moved west but although they win they stop and settle (second settlements) at Matzikert and nearby areas,

other Turk tribes are Azheris, Caucasoid etc
Ottomans were considered as locals who adopted Turkish and Islam,

there is also a historical fact that Edirne (Adrianoupolis) was large scale inhabited by Turks.

the rest population is previous tribes nations etc who just adopted Ottomans' culture religion and language, and through time they created modern Turkey nation,

that is why I was expecting high Altaic- Central East Asian in Cilicia (Kilikyia) Afyon and Edirne,

You seem to know about Turk history more than me. I really don't know what's the truth..... on wikipedia it says we are primary Anatolians with some Turkic genes.

Azeris also have Mongoloid admixture, higher even than Turks.

4r9s42.png

So does that mean that Turkish people are not closer to original Turks?

I though the heavy Asian looking Turkmen is the result of Mongol invasion. Aren't these Mongol descendant?
According to me ancient 'original' Turanic tribes of 1000 years ago were partly Mongoloid/Iranic. Modern-day Turks are not so far from the 'original' Turks. But modern Turks have also Anatolian (Greeks, Armenians, Kurds) DNA in them.
Ancient Turks = Turco-Mongloid + Iranic
Modern Turks = Turco-Mongloid + Iranic + Anatolian + (Eastern) European (+ a little bit Semitic (Levant Arabs) + African (African slaves from Ottoman era)).
Modern Turks = meltingpot = new modern race of 21st century!

According to me ancient'original' Turanic tribes of 1000 years ago were partly Mongoloid/ranic. Modern-dayTurks are not so far from the 'original' Turks. But modern Turks have alsoAnatolian (Greeks, Armenians, Kurds) DNA in them.
Ancient Turks = Turco-Mongloid+ Iranic
Modern Turks = Turco-Mongloid+ Iranic + Anatolian + (Eastern) European (+ a little bit Semitic (Levant Arabs)+ African (African slaves from Ottoman era).
Modern Turks = meltingpot = new modern race of 21st century!

Yeah did I read ottoman empire enslaved million Caucasus, Balkans, and even Nubians of Turkey are Afro-Turks. Were the Ottoman Mongoloid? Surely I don't think so. Many of the authentic paintings of Sultans even look European with green/blue eyes.

Yeah did I read ottoman empire enslaved million Caucasus, Balkans, and even Nubians of Turkey are Afro-Turks. Were the Ottoman Mongoloid? Surely I don't think so. Many of the authentic paintings of Sultans even look European with green/blue eyes.
Sultans were mixed with Persians, Slavs, Kurds, Greeks, Arabs and Armenians. Royalty is not the same as an ordinary population. Royals are/were always much more mixed than average...

Sultans were mixed with Persians, Slavs, Kurds, Greeks, Arabs and Armenians. Royalty is not the same as an ordinary population. Royals are/were always much more mixed than average...

I don't think it has anything to do with mixing we are just diverse. From my experience many Turks have people that can range from looking anyone from anyone from European to anyone with Middle east look, including the occasional weird mongoloid influence Turk. I used to think tis was just a unique trait but now I believe it could be a mongoloid influence on Turkish people. A lot of Turkmen look like us but can't say the same for other extremely chinky looking Turkmen ( some look so chinky like they were Mongols )

One of those occasional weird looking Turks are for example emre gungor a famous Turkish footballer. I never used to think he was that odd looking until I've read genetics of Turks.

55osn8.jpg

301zi9k.jpg

2ur1nw8.jpg

I really don't know. I'm very confused myself so kept searching for more data but I believe the highest Mongoloid admixture maybe in Southwest Turkey where they settled where Turkic group known as Comakdag who settle the land. They live in todays East Turkey Agean coast and have many odd looks.

800px-Aegean_Region_in_Turkey.svg.png

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=tr&u=http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%87omakda%C4%9Fk%C4%B1z%C4%B1la%C4%9Fa%C3%A7,_Milas&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcomakdag%2BKoyu%26sa%3DX%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D624

It says there is no information about the origin and history of the name of the village. Even though most of them can look like Turkish some of them seem to look like a Asiatic hybrid Mongoloid/Caucasoid people but someone said their Turkic ancestry is higher than average Turkish.

1182242.jpg

comakdagiyoreselkiyafet.jpg

comakdaglilardan-vali-altiparmaka-ziyaret-mugla-20100112AY265050-01.jpg

comakdag-koyu-kadinlari.JPG

2re2z3s.jpg

34fbqfb.jpg

2lcbtd1.jpg

some of them have a mogoloid look, it is true (but the little baby girl has nothing indicating mongoloid features - for old people: caution: the wrinkles, the eyelid fold (but external only = not mongoloid), the tanned skin and some clothes "artifices" can influence our judgment!!! - as a whole, a mongoloid element is not surprising among Turks and surely the first ones colonizating Turkey were more on this side yet. the ones we see in France show very little influence of this eastern type, but maybe a lot of our Turks are Kurds in reality...

some of them have a mogoloid look, it is true (but the little baby girl has nothing indicating mongoloid features - for old people: caution: the wrinkles, the eyelid fold (but external only = not mongoloid), the tanned skin and some clothes "artifices" can influence our judgment!!! - as a whole, a mongoloid element is not surprising among Turks and surely the first ones colonizating Turkey were more on this side yet. the ones we see in France show very little influence of this eastern type, but maybe a lot of our Turks are Kurds in reality...

I honestly don't know but you're right that in France most Turks are Kurds, many Turks are assimilated Kurds. I've seen a few Turks that look like these but I'm not exactly if this is Mongoloid influenced or not.

I've asked somebody before and they think Turks that are like these are West Asian Caucasoid with Mongoloid influences.

2zolyf4.jpg

6o2zix.jpg

2rxcfm1.jpg

This thread has been viewed 226694 times.

Back