Pop Music from Malta

Maleth

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
EV13 A7136 y18675G+
mtDNA haplogroup
H
One of the Most popular female singers on the Island Lira Losco with David Leguess

One of the most popular rock bands on the Island ft with Tenor Joseph Calleja

Chasing Pandora from the Island of Gozo

appropriate to have one in the Maltese language, one of my favorites.........Big Band brothers Rock band. 'Siehbi fil kabord tal kcina' hmm strange title 'My friend in the kitchen cupboard'....I like the song however

Ok I got to know of the meaning of the title and lyrics....its about a child who is bullied at school and imagines he has a perfect friend living in the kitchen cupboards.

Last edited:
Tribali is an unusual group producing interesting music. They even have a very faithful following

This year release, Claudia Faniello, One fine day La La La :)...............

One of my favourite....Scar, 'mind the gap'

It seems like a very vibrant music scene, Maleth, especially for such a small place in terms of population. Is most of it in English? If it is, does it make it easier to cross over and get some coverage in Britain, for example?

Claudia Faniello has recently sang in Marina di Ragusa (in the end of the summer by the way). Ira Losco is the best, yummi.

It seems like a very vibrant music scene, Maleth, especially for such a small place in terms of population. Is most of it in English? If it is, does it make it easier to cross over and get some coverage in Britain, for example?

Very few sing in Maltese Angela as that will be a guarantee that their work will just remain locally with a very small Market. However Im not sure how much of the ones sung in English get any more sales. Most of them do it through itunes but there is always a possibility to have better sales singing in English.

I know for sure that most artists do much from their own pockets and from the love of it which is good as they keep the Island rocking :). Some singers made a name overseas. Kevin borg won Swedish Idol some three years ago. You hear of the occasional Maltese singer that hits the topuk 40 but normally its people who set home in the UK.

Claudia Faniello has recently sang in Marina di Ragusa (in the end of the summer by the way). Ira Losco is the best, yummi.

Thats cool. here is another from Ira for you. One of my favorite too

Some dance music by Malcom Pisani....not my life style but anyway....:grin:

More dance...hypnotica Jessika

Something different, here are two comedians that joined together for this song targeting members or parliament and some other personalities of course :grin:..... and with an English accent as spoken by most Maltese........

Another Maltese Band called Airport impressions the song released earlier this year called Berlin

Last release from Redelectric....."young again'

Only sing in english?

Only sing in english?

Ironically enough Claudio Baglioni revived a 70's Maltese song (L'ahhar bidwi f'wied Il asel / the last farmer in Honey valley) in Perfect Maltese accent. Yes very sad indeed that we only have folk songs in Maltese and other numbers that are just reserved for local song Festivals without much promotion. I will post a few with no video to accompany them and maybe inferior recordings to the ones aimed to sell internationally.

Brother of Claudia Faniello....Fabrizio 'sa l ahhar' (till the end)

Sammy bartolo 'Kemm u sabih' How beautiful. Wrote this when he knew he was passing away

How beautiful it is

How beautiful it is that in the heavy shadow of the clouds
You close your eyes to see the darkness young man
How beautiful it is to sleep and wakeup
But still see darkness even though your eyes are opened
How beautiful it is to live and live your life in time that is not a tool to show you the end
Because its time itself that will remove all you have achieved
Let the sun in its rise and in its setting
will find you caressing the fog
Let the moon play with the wheat stalk
that has to die to seed the ground toregenerate
How beautiful it is to climb the top ofall the hills
and down in darkness pass through the hidden and mysterious paths
How beautiful it is to be forgotten from the crowds
And your name will become a comfort reserved only to you
How beautiful is the sunrise and it never gets dark
or if it gets dark there will be no heart beating fast out of fear
How beautiful it is if the star keeps shining
it will find the fishing port with beating waves
How beautiful it is to keep living yourlife till the end
and at the end you find a door to start all over again
How beautiful are these words once I believe them
and I believe them because I wrote them in this song

This thread has been viewed 40939 times.

Back