Please "classify" the 2Cellos musicians and where they could "fit".

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Please "classify" the 2Cellos musicians and where they could "fit".

We've just been treated to some of their music in the "What Are You Listening To" thread.

For people who didn't see the video, this is their version of a Guns and Roses song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V7EugoweM4

This is them doing AC/DC's Thunderstsruck":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

This is Stjepan Hauser, and he is from Croatia:
stjepan-hauser-cellos-youtube-sensation-musician-duo-his-hometown-pula-croatia-39788260.jpg

This is Lukas Sulic; he has ancestry from both Dubrovnik (Croatia) and Slovenia:
pariz.jpg

celista4.jpg

They both look very European and slightly Slavic to me. Other than that, I've got nothing.

Not a rare type anywhere in the Southern European mix of phenotypes I would say (especially in their natural hair colour).;)

Not a rare type anywhere in the Southern European mix of phenotypes I would say (especially in their natural hair colour).;)

Generally speaking, yes, but perhaps more leaning toward the Greek spectrum than the western Mediterranean? Perhaps they lean a little more toward an Alexis Georgoulis?
hlqmrczblp4bbb065760efe.jpg

Interestingly, Hauser is actually from a town in Istria (Pula) which was settled by people from Colchis, and then for many years was ruled by the Roman empire and later by the Venetian Republic. (Later still, of course, by the Austrians) You can find many Italian surnames there as well as Croatian and Austrian ones. In fact a good number of the "Northern Italian" restaurants in the greater New York metropolitan area are actually owned by people from Istria or from the Dalmatian islands.

Sulic fits in more places, I think, but mostly in the Balkans, and northern Italy as well.

I don't think either of them looks very Polish or Russian...

Very handsome young men, which doubtless has a little something to do with their popularity. :)

Of course, I may just have Greeks on the brain, since I spent Sunday in a very Greek-American community.:LOL: Humus, skardalia, stuffed grape leaves, a big Greek salad and then grilled octopus, with all of it baptized by a little ouzo. They also served something they called "flaming cheese". Every other person seemed to order it, and every time it got torched we were all commanded to yell out "OPA"! It was great fun.

Generally speaking, yes, but perhaps more leaning toward the Greek spectrum than the western Mediterranean? Perhaps they lean a little more toward an Alexis Georgoulis?

Interestingly, Hauser is actually from a town in Istria (Pula) which was settled by people from Colchis, and then for many years was ruled by the Roman empire and later by the Venetian Republic. (Later still, of course, by the Austrians) You can find many Italian surnames there as well as Croatian and Austrian ones. In fact a good number of the "Northern Italian" restaurants in the greater New York metropolitan area are actually owned by people from Istria or from the Dalmatian islands.

Sulic fits in more places, I think, but mostly in the Balkans, and northern Italy as well.

I don't think either of them looks very Polish or Russian...

I agree more east Med type tho not unknown in central and west med. Polish or Russian would have fairer complexions (generally speaking of course)

Southern euros. Maybe more "from Italy eastwards" than "from Italy westwards", taking into account that Italy lies just in the middle of the Med Sea... But it's just a blurred boundary, IMHO.

Southern euros. Maybe more "from Italy eastwards" than "from Italy westwards", taking into account that Italy lies just in the middle of the Med Sea... But it's just a blurred boundary, IMHO.

That's generally how I see it too. See, we do agree about some things, if not music...:)

Luka Šulić = Atlanto-Mediterranid
Stjepan Hauser = Classic Mediterranid, though he does exhibit certain CM qualities like all of the adriatic coastals.

This thread has been viewed 4776 times.

Back