Livingdna results?

The testing companies can get the data and they should all get the same data if they test the same things.

The differences result from interpretations of the data. They might say "Italian" but what does that mean? Italy has a diverse historical background with Greek colonies, Etruscans, Italo-Celts, etc.

The companies will also develop "reference" populations that are different. They determine a broad percentage of "British" ancestry based on their reference populations. Well, British people are usually a mix of North/West europeans of all types, including different Celts. Being "British" genetically means you match the "British" melting pot based on recent history.

Ancient DNA is limited so they all make their best guesses and different companies use different methods.

That's okay, LivingDNA is only about 8 months old. LivingDNA is more than welcome to take their time in collecting ancient DNA. Anyways, I just bought my LivingDNA kit yesterday for the Memorial Day discount and I was wondering if any Colonial American descendants have gotten their results yet, if so is the British results accurate for those immigrating to the colonies from 17th-18th century England? Seems like my results are going to be a Thanksgiving present if it's a 6 month wait.

That's okay, LivingDNA is only about 8 months old. LivingDNA is more than welcome to take their time in collecting ancient DNA. Anyways, I just bought my LivingDNA kit yesterday for the Memorial Day discount and I was wondering if any Colonial American descendants have gotten their results yet, if so is the British results accurate for those immigrating to the colonies from 17th-18th century England? Seems like my results are going to be a Thanksgiving present if it's a 6 month wait.

I was just notified that they have begun my processing in the lab and I should have the online results in mid August. We can compare later. Is your 5/32 Irish comprised of real Irish and not Scots-Irish?

I was just notified that they have begun my processing in the lab and I should have the online results in mid August. We can compare later. Is your 5/32 Irish comprised of real Irish and not Scots-Irish?
When did u send the kit off to them?

I sent mine two weeks ago, but haven't heard a thing or any update to my status?

When did u send the kit off to them?

I sent mine two weeks ago, but haven't heard a thing or any update to my status?

Ordered: May 6
Processed: May 8
Received Kit: May 10
Mailed Kit: May 11
Kit Received: May 15
Lab work begun: May 30
Anticipated results: Aug 16

Ordered: May 6
Processed: May 8
Received Kit: May 10
Mailed Kit: May 11
Kit Received: May 15
Lab work begun: May 30
Anticipated results: Aug 16
What, why haven't they received my kit. I wrote them also and they haven't responded. But I live in Austria.

Oh cool, good to know. My Irish ancestry immigrated to americas in 3 different waves Maternal Grandpa Lloyd's side; 3rd Great Grandpa; Robert Neely (1850-1924) was born in Ireland married Juliane Currier in Ontario and passed away in AuGres Michigan, according to family lore, my second Great Grandpa (an irish-American) named William (Bill) Mayouck was Born in Pennsylvania and became a Seattleite firefighter and Soninlaw of Robert Neely via Leone Neely (1885-1955). On my Maternal Grandmother Carol's side my 2nd Great Grandpa Rifleman Daniel Moroney (1890-1917) was born in Cork and immigrated to London and his grave is in the Battle of Ypres, Belgium memorial. I've seen some Scots-Irish and Dutch sprinkled into my Colonial American ancestors dating to the 17th-Early 18th century also.

Unfortunately but understandably my Irish ancestry tends to house brick walls before immigrating to America so I'm hoping with LivingDNA I can get some hints on where in Ireland my Irish ancestry is coming from.

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/...el=in&GScntry=19&GSob=n&GRid=12041863&df=all&

Can't seem to find any public links for my Grandpa's side but his sister; Aunt Paula published a book about her Irish ancestors. I can get some more info once I get home if you'd like. :)

Oh cool, good to know. My Irish ancestry immigrated to americas in 3 different waves Maternal Grandpa Lloyd's side; 3rd Great Grandpa; Robert Neely (1850-1924) was born in Ireland married Juliane Currier in Ontario and passed away in AuGres Michigan, according to family lore, my second Great Grandpa (an irish-American) named William (Bill) Mayouck was Born in Pennsylvania and became a Seattleite firefighter and Soninlaw of Robert Neely via Leone Neely (1885-1955). On my Maternal Grandmother Carol's side my 2nd Great Grandpa Rifleman Daniel Moroney (1890-1917) was born in Cork and immigrated to London and his grave is in the Battle of Ypres, Belgium memorial. I've seen some Scots-Irish and Dutch sprinkled into my Colonial American ancestors dating to the 17th-Early 18th century also.

Unfortunately but understandably my Irish ancestry tends to house brick walls before immigrating to America so I'm hoping with LivingDNA I can get some hints on where in Ireland my Irish ancestry is coming from.

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/...el=in&GScntry=19&GSob=n&GRid=12041863&df=all&

Can't seem to find any public links for my Grandpa's side but his sister; Aunt Paula published a book about her Irish ancestors. I can get some more info once I get home if you'd like. :)

That's cool. My people are almost all early immigrants to America from the British Isles. It's very hard to nail down an "on paper" ethnicity but my DNA results from the Ancestry.com test are as expected. The unknown branches of the family are still "basically British." Not a lot of Irish, though the "celtic-ish" influence is more from some Welsh and Cornish as I don't think Ancestry.com differentiates the insular celtic tribes. I used to think there were a lot more Irish until I learned about the Scots-Irish and noticed almost all the immigrants in my tree from Ireland were from Ulster.

What, why haven't they received my kit. I wrote them also and they haven't responded. But I live in Austria.

Just noticed your post. I believe they have two testing facilities: One in the US and one somewhere in Europe.

Just noticed your post. I believe they have two testing facilities: One in the US and one somewhere in Europe.
It's already in the testing phase now, thanks though. After ur kits status changed to testing how long did it take to get the results?

I got my results, which I did expect in July; relatively well assigned. My Dutch ancestry was however generally assigned to East English and Scandinavian. Overall I think they are more clear than some other companies. mt-dna was W5, which is interesting; y-dna was R-U152. I expected a more downstream subclade. A problem is that they only give positive snp's, so I don't know if I did test negative for some subclades below.

I received my results 20 days before the estimated completion date, three months after placing order.
There is a discrepancy with my AncestryDNA results, and I really do not know which to believe. Based on what I know about my ancestors CubanSpanish/Canary I. background, Ancestry erred in assigning me Eastern and Jewish European; LivingDNA missed most of the North African component.
LivingDNA Ancestry
Europe 96%
NW 29,1% (24,4% Eng/Wales and 4,7% France)
South 66,9% (32% Iberian,34,8% Italian)

Africa 2,6% (1,3 N Africa, 1,3 West A)

America 1,3%

Ancestry
Europe 86,5%
NW 21,5% (13 Eng/Irish, 7 Scand. 1,5 NW)
East - 3
Ashkenezi J - 3
South 58% (46% Iberian, 12% Italy)

Africa 6% N Africa
<2% West Africa

America <2%

Middle Eastern 4 %

Does anyone know if or when the LivingDNA raw data will be compatible with my Heritage and Gedmatch? Thanks
PS. I can't paste or insert table or images!

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 14882 times.

Back