My origins 3.0 is very soon

What's up with all the Magyar component all of a sudden for Greeks?

Judging by various results posted elsewhere,whatever the ethnic backround Magyar,Irish or various jewish groups are the new hotness on this update :LOL: .
Almost everyone seems to get at least one of those..

The updated results of my Greek friend.
He gets the traces of various jewish groups in his case
JtmLq0z.jpg

Lost my British Isles component...
Sardinia was added. My guess is to push me autosomaly further west, and/or include some Paleo component that differentiates me from modern day Balkans. It makes sense since I lost Italy/British Isles in my component after the update.

LHMJChI.png

PS: A bit confused, is Greece not considered Balkans? Or is there some other reason for the nomenclature being "Greece & Balkans"?

Last edited:
Judging by various results posted elsewhere,whatever the ethnic backround Magyar,Irish or various jewish groups are the new hotness on this update :LOL: .
Almost everyone seems to get at least one of those..

The updated results of my Greek friend.
He gets the traces of various jewish groups in his case
JtmLq0z.jpg

yes but extremely low <1%
i think aegean greeks or some other middle eastern score some of the jewish refernces ( sefhardi , or mizrahi):unsure:
i saw a palestinian who score 12% sefhardi and some mizrahi
same goes for a lebanese christain i saw who score 19% sefhardi and some 8% mizrahi
obviously it is false positive ....:unsure:
but i do rearly see non- jews europeans who score those clusters and if they do extremely low% :unsure:
the bigest problem of this update is the magyar refernce ( to choose hungary a central european country who is a mixed of balka+ germanic+ slavic)
was a bad idea to begin with .....:rolleyes:
so thats why we see some overlap with non- jewish europeans who score it ....

p.s
the aschenazi cluster is stable as a rock
my father mother is full aschenazi and he score 51% asckenazi in the new update .....
the sefhardi and mizrhi clusters not so much and i do see false positive cases ......
about the greece- balkan cluster
i saw some southern bulgarian results who scored 100% greece -balkan :shocked:
they might used some southern bulgarians as reference for this cluster :unsure:

Lost my British Isles component...
Sardinia was added. My guess is to push me autosomaly further west, and/or include some Paleo component that differentiates me from modern day Balkans. It makes sense since I lost Italy/British Isles in my component after the update.

LHMJChI.png

PS: A bit confused, is Greece not considered Balkans? Or is there some other reason for the nomenclature being "Greece & Balkans"?

Hi Archetype0ne

I expanded my results to show all populations to see all the FTDNA's population clusters. Greece & Balcans represents a unique population cluster. Next I post the explanations of FTDNA about how to understand the groups and subgroups represented by Continental Regions, Overarching Populations, and Population Clusters.

eR1BdOj.png

D5xwHoF.png

FCTd732

FCTd732

Last edited:
Here're our results, mine and maternal uncle's.

Mine
RSBoOzt.jpg

Uncle's
3sOF2TB.jpg

No comments. :disappointed:
Wow, you're all over the place.

Well, I think 100% European is very good because I have not missed Europe for half an hour.

Although this is autosomal there must be something in the trajectory of the haplogroups that could be a clue the smaller in My Origin values in minority haplogroups in Europe or no

Mine in line with my
Known geneology (y)

tVcOcgH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PJtQJeh.jpg

@KingJohn
Your Jewish origin is well configured in his autosomal results: 45% Jew (Ashkenazi + Sephardic) + 47% Southern Europe (Greece & Balcans + Malta & Sicily). The remaining difference to 100% is divided into population noises in the Middle East. Congratulations. (y)

thanks durate :)
you anlayse it very well (y)
best regards
adam

p.s
now let us hope for the chromosome viewer update

Wow, you're all over the place.
And there is this match of my uncle, full North Italian in ancestry, that scores 0% for Italian Peninsula. Sorry to say, but no good. I wonder if FTDNA uses any reference from North Italy.

And there is this match of my uncle, full North Italian in ancestry, that scores 0% for Italian Peninsula. Sorry to say, but no good. I wonder if FTDNA uses any reference from North Italy.

Perhaps you and your uncle are too displaced to the north, which made you and him capture the population clusters of Great Britain and Central Europe, in the absence of specific populations in northern Italy. The FTDNA algorithm has chosen for you two some populations that would normally appear as populacional clusters of natives from Germany and France and maybe British Isles. For me there was an improvement, since I had 16% British ancestry in version 2 and now in this version 3 I have zero. I had 72% of Iberian ancestry in version 2 and now I have 63%. The differences was attributed to the Italian Peninsula. Considering that the Iberian and Italian populations overlap in many of the autosomal algorithms, the loss of 9% of Iberian ancestry and 16% of British ancestry in favor of the Italian one is not so serious I think.

Last edited:
About clusters; Baltic, Magyar, North Caucasus, South Caucasus, East Caucasus etc. These are good detail ones

However; Greece & Balkans , Anatolia & Mesopotamia are not. Looks like they didn't care

I have already lost my interest

and guys please share old results too

southwest ukranian woman
close to moldova border :)

West Slavic 47%
East Slavic 6%
Greece & Balkans 33%:cool-v:
Baltic 9%
Finland 4%
Southern Levant 1%

p.s
for me personally it is better than version v2.
but i can understand people who are frustrated with v3 version and don't like there results
:unsure:

Perhaps you and your uncle are too displaced to the north, which made you and him capture the population clusters of Great Britain and Central Europe, in the absence of specific populations in northern Italy. The FTDNA algorithm has chosen for you two some populations that would normally appear as populacional clusters of natives from Germany and France and maybe British Isles. For me there was an improvement, since I had 16% British ancestry in version 2 and now in this version 3 I have zero. I had 72% of Iberian ancestry in version 2 and now I have 63%. The differences was attributed to the Italian Peninsula. Considering that the Iberian and Italian populations overlap in many of the autosomal algorithms, the loss of 9% of Iberian ancestry and 16% of British ancestry in favor of the Italian one is not so serious I think.
Duarte, will PM you.

p.s
for me personally it is better than version v2.
but i can understand people who are frustrated with v3 version and don't like there results
:unsure:

I think a large amount of people do not like the results because frankly FTDNA did a pretty poor job IMO. You have people with predominately British ancestry getting results saying 0% British or people of Yemeni Arab origin being labeled as “Yemenite Jewish”. Even my own results make no sense for my known origins via paper trail, something I would expect to see in my results (since it makes up such a large portion of my family tree) returns with “0%”.

I think a large amount of people do not like the results because frankly FTDNA did a pretty poor job IMO. You have people with predominately British ancestry getting results saying 0% British or people of Yemeni Arab origin being labeled as “Yemenite Jewish”. Even my own results make no sense for my known origins via paper trail, something I would expect to see in my results (since it makes up such a large portion of my family tree) returns with “0%”.
Hi
I respect your opinions :)
To put all the cards on the table
Ftdna are better in there family finder tool
And y haplogroup and mtdna tests
Much less in there myorigins tool
....:unsure:
But false positive will happen as long as ftdna use
Those jewish refernces ( mizrahi, sefhardi, yemenite jews)
It is logical to expect overlapp in genetic markers... between non -jewish middle eastern population with those jewish references to some extent....

P.s
I also see
Those false positives in my heritage results of many people...
Having said all that i saw some results in anthrogenica of my origins 3.0 update...
And i see iberians and eastern europeans results that to me look logic..
Maybe they blew it with people of british ancestery hope they will improve in the future for all dissapointed people out there:)

Hard to understand.
My father is 100% of Northern Italian origin.
My mother had a Neapolitan great-grandfather. And I am 49% Italian ...

Hard to understand.
My father is 100% of Northern Italian origin.
My mother had a Neapolitan great-grandfather. And I am 49% Italian ...
Hard, isn't it? And at the same time we see in this thread a Greek (PaschalisB) scoring well for Italian Peninsula: 45% (same as torzio, and higher than my uncle's and mine). It reminds me my mother scoring almost 50% for Balkan in MyHeritage. lol Also Duarte, Iberian in ancestry, scores almost 30% for Italian Peninsula.

Imo 0% is not acceptable for a N. Italian in ancestry, as well as too high scores for clusters such UK.
Below are the results of this Brazilian, with the permission of his representative. The Southern Euro part is divided into Greece & Balkan and Sardinia only. His actual ancestry is 87.5% from BL and 12.5% from N. TV.

LVjdPcn.jpg

Hard, isn't it? And at the same time we see in this thread a Greek (PaschalisB) scoring well for Italian Peninsula: 45% (same as torzio, and higher than my uncle's and mine). It reminds me my mother scoring almost 50% for Balkan in MyHeritage. lol Also Duarte, Iberian in ancestry, scores almost 30% for Italian Peninsula.

Imo 0% is not acceptable for a N. Italian in ancestry, as well as too high scores for clusters such UK.
Below are the results of this Brazilian, with the permission of his representative. The Southern Euro part is divided into Greece & Balkan and Sardinia only. His actual ancestry is 87.5% from BL and 12.5% from N. TV.

LVjdPcn.jpg

mine below and my wife underneath...her line both paternal and maternal and on the Livenza river, which is the border of Veneto and Friuli ( her father , northern part of Livenza and her mother southern part which is venezia province

Wife's data
Europe 100%
Southern Europe
Italian Peninsula
39%
Greece & Balkans
18%
Western Europe
Central Europe
32%
Scandinavia
11%

In Version 1 , I had no Anatolian ....in version 2 , I had 8% Anatolian and 3% Greek/balkan .......in V3 , I have zero Anatolian and 11% Greek/Balkan

In regards to UK clusters .................I have 4 x "uk clusters" matches in ftdna with the Hill families of North and South Carolina ....they are Scots and went to USA in 1730

This thread has been viewed 28359 times.

Back