Mytrueancestry.com

From MTA results northern italians seem not to be of part gallic ancestry, they don't match in deep dive analysis with neolithic France samples or gallic chariot burials, instead the iberian people yes. I have matches with Frankish gauls, but I think these are due to a germanic signature from the middle age. What do you think about it?

Apart from the fact that not all of northern Italy was Celtic/Gaulish, the Celtic presence in northern Italy can be ascribed at least to two different sources. The earliest Celtic presence in northern Italy was the Celts of Golasecca who spoke a Lepontic language, which I believe is still considered the oldest attested Celtic language. Then there were small migratory movements of Celts, material culture of the type La Tène. The Gauls who invaded northern Italy in the 4th century BC were not actually very numerous.

Apart from the fact that not all of northern Italy was Celtic/Gaulish, the Celtic presence in northern Italy can be ascribed at least to two different sources. The earliest Celtic presence in northern Italy was the Celts of Golasecca who spoke a Lepontic language, which I believe is still considered the oldest attested Celtic language. Then there were small migratory movements of Celts, material culture of the type La Tène. The Gauls who invaded northern Italy in the 4th century BC were not actually very numerous.

the 4th century gaulish migration must have been numerous because the cenomani settled in modern verona, the Boii settled around modern Bologna and the semnos arrived on the coast to be butchered to the last man by the Romans circa 100BC

I don't think the Halstatt celts and the La tene celts where the exact same peoples as there is more than 500 years apart in time

From MTA results northern italians seem not to be of part gallic ancestry, they don't match in deep dive analysis with neolithic France samples or gallic chariot burials, instead the iberian people yes. I have matches with Frankish gauls, but I think these are due to a germanic signature from the middle age. What do you think about it?
What's interesting is that I consistently get something (N)W in calculators, and my parents don't get that much, even if overall I'm a bit more Southern shifted in relation to them. For example, I score above average (North Italy as reference) for Atlantic_Med in K12b, above average for Atlantic in K15, and FTDNA and MyHeritage keep giving me relatively high %s related to UK, such 32% in the former and something around 30% in the latter. I don't score for British in 23andMe, however, Brittany (France) shows up in there as a Likely Match. Angela suggested this matching in 23andMe could be explained by some Gallic ancestry. It does seem possible.
However, among old samples, one of the "Illyrians" tends to show up as my first in similarity tools, including MTA.

What's interesting is that I consistently get something (N)W in calculators, and my parents don't get that much, even if overall I'm a bit more Southern shifted in relation to them. For example, I score above average (North Italy as reference) for Atlantic_Med in K12b, above average for Atlantic in K15, and FTDNA and MyHeritage keep giving me relatively high %s related to UK, such 32% in the former and something around 30% in the latter. I don't score for British in 23andMe, however, Brittany (France) shows up in there as a Likely Match. Angela suggested this matching in 23andMe could be explained by some Gallic ancestry. It does seem possible.
However, among old samples, one of the "Illyrians" tends to show up as my first in similarity tools, including MTA.

Hi @Regio X. Out of topic. Do you believe that Alberto Fernandez's ancestors came by boat and that mine came from the jungle? :unsure::rolleyes:(y):grin::LOL:

Hi @Regio X. Out of topic. Do you believe that Alberto Fernandez's ancestors came by boat and that mine came from the jungle? :unsure::rolleyes:(y):grin::LOL:
Duarte, "our" ancestors. Mine were from an Araucaria moist forest. :grin:
It brings me to a fun story, but an innocent one. Several years ago, this far Italian cousin of mine, a very nice guy by the way, learned that he has several relatives across ocean, and decided to visit the country. A little before the trip, he asked me for tips on how to deal with the wild/venomous animals he would find, or something. Apparently he was preparing for a kind of Safari. :LOL:

As for Fernández, what a regrettable comment, to say the least! As a matter of fact, a worthy comment from his neighbor leader, if you know what I mean. :)

Duarte, "our" ancestors. Mine were from an Araucaria moist forest. :grin:
It brings me to a fun story, but an innocent one. Several years ago, this far Italian cousin of mine, a very nice guy by the way, learned that he has several relatives across ocean, and decided to visit the country. A little before the trip, he asked me for tips on how to deal with the wild/venomous animals he would find, or something. Apparently he was preparing for a kind of Safari. :LOL:

As for Fernández, what a regrettable comment, to say the least! As a matter of fact, a worthy comment from his neighbor leader, if you know what I mean. :)

(y):)

Your closest Archaeogenetic matches...
(Smaller numbers mean closer matches to you)
Info

1. Byzantine Roman Warrior
605 AD - Genetic Distance: 8.321 - NS3b
Top 99 % match vs all users

2. Central Roman
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 8.333 - SZ36

3. Central Roman
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 8.516 - SZ43

4. Avar Szolad Hungary
700 AD - Genetic Distance: 9.351 - SZ1
Top 98 % match vs all users

5. Protovillanovia Martinsicuro
930 BC - Genetic Distance: 9.479 - R1

6. Roman Outlier Lombard Grave
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 10.22 - SZ37

7. Tuscan Medieval Villa Magna Italy
905 AD - Genetic Distance: 10.52 - R60

8. Late Roman Empire Crypta Balbi
500 AD - Genetic Distance: 10.75 - R107

9. Morisco Post-Reconquista Granada
1550 AD - Genetic Distance: 10.85 - I7424

10. Skeleton Lake Traveller - Hellenic
1805 AD - Genetic Distance: 11.32 - I3404
Top 97 % match vs all users

11. Central Roman
630 AD - Genetic Distance: 12.11 - CL36 ?

12. Ancient Middle Helladic Elati-Logkas Greece
1861 BC - Genetic Distance: 12.14 - Log04_wgs
Top 96 % match vs all users

13. Ancient Middle Helladic Elati-Logkas Greece
1861 BC - Genetic Distance: 12.19 - Log04_wgs_trim5bp

14. Ancient Middle Helladic Elati-Logkas Greece
1861 BC - Genetic Distance: 12.25 - Log02_wgs

15. Skeleton Lake Traveller - Hellenic
1805 AD - Genetic Distance: 12.38 - I3348

16. Roman Outlier Lombard Grave
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 13.07 - SZ31

17. Ancient Middle Helladic Elati-Logkas Greece
1861 BC - Genetic Distance: 13.17 - Log02_cap

18. Central Roman
580 AD - Genetic Distance: 13.5 - CL121

19. Imperial Rome Empire Via Paisiello
100 AD - Genetic Distance: 13.64 - R114

20. Gallo-Roman
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 13.86 - SZ28 ?
Top 95 % match vs all users

21. Tuscan Medieval Cancelleria Basilica
1350 AD - Genetic Distance: 14.1 - R1290

22. Roman Villa Tarragona
350 AD - Genetic Distance: 14.44 - I6491
Top 95 % match vs all users

23. Medieval San Lorenzo Foggia Italy
1240 AD - Genetic Distance: 14.71 - VK535

24. Tivoli Palace Late Renaissance
1650 AD - Genetic Distance: 14.78 - R970

25. Central Roman
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 14.79 - SZ32 ?

23andMe results = 99.2% Greek, 0.8% Sardinian.

Your closest Ancient populations...
Roman
Roman (8.333)
Gallo-Roman + Roman (9.885)
Gaul + Roman (9.97)
Roman + Illyrian (10.44)
Roman Hispania + Roman (11.3)
Gallo-Roman + Roman Hispania (13.21)
Gallo-Roman (13.86)
Illyrian (15.89)
Roman Hispania (17.16)
Gaul (17.85)

… CL36 as “Ancient Relative” …

God’s Kit = 23v5 :grin:

… one to one VS deep dive:

E0wR2CK.jpg

Hello, here are results:
Gallo Roman - Visigoths - Roman Hispania -Illyrians - Al-Andalus.

Visigoth + Roman Hispania (8.387)
Gallo-Roman + Roman Hispania (8.844)
Roman Hispania + Illyrian (10.37)
Gallo-Roman + Illyrian (10.86)
Al-Andalus + Gallo-Roman (11.37)
Gallo-Roman (11.8)
Illyrian (12.96)
Roman Hispania (13.26)
Al-Andalus (13.43)
Visigoth (14.65)

I thought the ancient Picene sample R1 was a woman

she has O ydna

maybe MTA is mistaken, … and there’s no y O Haplogroup in Ancient Italy:

Hc5NtCJ.jpg

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/sci/suppl/2019/11/06/366.6466.708.DC1/aay6826_Antonio_SM.pdf

her marker is most likely O2a2-P201 has its majority in the Naiman tribe of Kazakhs ................they did arrive in modern Hungaria in the bronze age .............I think we need to confirm this .............Naiman tribe are in Altai and Argyn mountains which has a lot of L and T ydna as well

I thought the ancient Picene sample R1 was a woman
she has O ydna

We scrupulously check elsewhere as well, but MTA remains a little game with no credibility.

her marker is most likely O2a2-P201 has its majority in the Naiman tribe of Kazakhs ................they did arrive in modern Hungaria in the bronze age .............I think we need to confirm this .............Naiman tribe are in Altai and Argyn mountains which has a lot of L and T ydna as well

Where is the source that Naiman tribe of Kazakhs arrived in modern Hungaria in the Bronze age?

Neanderthal Q-Matchin

Neanderthal Q-Matching:

DodJWjw.gif

... it matches the Archaic Matches @ 0.9 cM

5SZzfLK.gif

Salento, I think that Q-score of 55 should be rather significant considering the Neanderthal sample would be so distant

Salento, I think that Q-score of 55 should be rather significant considering the Neanderthal sample would be so distant

@Wheal … compare with the free one-to-one,
S vs Neanderthal ( … red settings) (my Raw-Data: 23v5) :

K9XiBGQ.jpg

Not sure what you want me to compare to

… R1 is a Girl !!! (according to my PC)

ZxlHQcg.gif

This thread has been viewed 1253178 times.

Back