Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

other Belgium or lorraine France samples which seems to have a connection

IN88554
Pascal LAURENT, b. ca 1576 d. 1657
Belgium.......
T-BY160604

917435 Nicolas Caquelin, 1610-1655
France .........T-Z19947

there has been cross chit-chat between the above, ....with the person who runs Vironet sample and the person that runs the Bernot Lines in T1a2-CTS1848 group in ftdna....and they are all related.....Bernot mentioned to them that ..mentioned that our ( cts1848 ) lines should join yours ( me ), originating in Northern Italy, 1300s? ...............

Wow so very interesting. So the Bernot and Vironet lines are linked somehow back to Gorizia, Italy?

Last edited:
Vironet is a fabricated name....see link

Matt who runs the Verona part of the Vironet line cannot find who the Vironet name came from or original name was , so he is doing further checks

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/210952969/nicolas-vironet

Checking atm, with the name change from Vironet to Verona if it was anything to do with ancestor finding the true identity of Nicholas Vironet .....................the surname Verona is found in great number since 1610 ( from my search ) in the Carnian alps, Friuli region in a town called Lauco

Funny thing is that the link I found of Pietro Verona b 1665 from Lauco , married in 1690 to Maria De Colle is managed by a women who runs a family tree in Geneanet in which we have DNA matches .....

Checking atm, with the name change from Vironet to Verona if it was anything to do with ancestor finding the true identity of Nicholas Vironet .....................the surname Verona is found in great number since 1610 ( from my search ) in the Carnian alps, Friuli region in a town called Lauco

Funny thing is that the link I found of Pietro Verona b 1665 from Lauco , married in 1690 to Maria De Colle is managed by a women who runs a family tree in Geneanet in which we have DNA matches .....

the linking verona family tree

x8FAFH3xoCwGQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

the Dna matching link with me as per Geneanet site ..................only names I see which match my family tree is Zuliani, Spilotti ( i have Spilotto or Spiloto ) and Colle ...( I have Collen as my ancestor )

the women who runs the site wrote this ...can someone translate for me please

Moitiée friuline, moitiée normande avec un zeste celtique
FAMILLE TRAVANI / FAMILLE LENEVEU
Longtemps apanage des nobles et des princes, la généalogie avait pour vocation à garantir le pouvoir des rois, justifier un droit de succession ou un titre de noblesse. Désormais, par curiosité ou par plaisir, pour fêter un évènement ou prouver son droit, chacun peu établir sa généalogie.

@salento

Carnian alps...named after the Carni tribe

There you go ......you could be a meat eater , lol..............T-Z19945

the only ancient tribe BC tribe found in North italy and belgium

https://www.historyfiles.co.uk/KingListsEurope/BarbarianCarni.htm

... not often, but I heard some people say “Carne” as “Damn it” or “wtf”,
... maybe that's what the Romans meant when they named the Carni tribe,

... I guess “Spicy Meatball” would have been too long, ... lol

Wow so very interesting. So the Bernot and Vironet lines are linked somehow back to Gorizia, Italy?

latest in yfull

there are 2 brothers I know of from the Bernot family ......maybe there is 3

who matches me in yfull

... also “carni” in my dialect means Skin Complexion.

... “La ‘stria tene le carni chiare” = “The girl has very fair skin” :)

... also “carni” in my dialect means Skin Complexion.

... “La ‘stria tene le carni chiare” = “The girl has very fair skin” :)

"La tosa gha pel ciara"

"La tosa gha pel ciara"

“facimu a Torziu” :

... generally Torzio means Wanderer, but in my dialect it means “the Roman way” = “Each for himself” ... if we go to a Restaurant we ask for separate checks :grin:

ps ... “alla Romana” has other meanings in other places in Italy:
“equally sharing a common expenditure”

“facimu a Torziu” :

... generally Torzio means Wanderer, but in my dialect it means “the Roman way” = “Each for himself” ... if we go to a Restaurant we ask for separate checks :grin:

ps ... “alla Romana” has other meanings in other places in Italy:
“equally sharing a common expenditure”

Tosa = girl
Toso = boy

Torzar = to cut

Torzio = to wander/drift with the tide

separate for sure :grin: I could not afford a rich man's meal .............its the friuliani who are known as the scots of Italy

u changed to a red back spider.......many here in australia .......but daddy long leg spiders hunt them down to eat......https://australian.museum/learn/animals/spiders/daddy-long-legs-spider/

Pavana = a voglia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc1Sb-MNXDY

Tosa = girl
Toso = boy

Torzar = to cut

Torzio = to wander/drift with the tide

separate for sure :grin: I could not afford a rich man's meal .............its the friuliani who are known as the scots of Italy

u changed to a red back spider.......many here in australia .......but daddy long leg spiders hunt them down to eat......https://australian.museum/learn/animals/spiders/daddy-long-legs-spider/

Pavana = a voglia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc1Sb-MNXDY

We’re not very stingy in Salento :)

imho ... the “careful with money” gene range on average at 55% strength, lol

... Neanderthal has the Hoarder gene, maybe it's also the Stingy gene:
from 23andme: “You have 1 variant associated with: having difficulty discarding rarely-used possessions”, lol
vwk7Bp7.jpg

Was recently able to trace my paternal line to ~1700s in the Canary Islands, Spain. Updated my info on FTDNA. Based on oral histories and genealogies of other Fundora families, this was expected as the Canaries served as a notable source of Fundora's who migrated to Cuba or elsewhere. In trying to find the ultimate mainland source, people have told me Asturias in Northern Spain may be the origin place of the surname. Perhaps that is where my paternal line ultimately hails from...

So this officially links my CTS1848 line to Spain

Last edited:
Was recently able to trace my paternal line to ~1700s in the Canary Islands, Spain. Updated my info on FTDNA. Based on oral histories and genealogies of other Fundora families, this was expected as the Canaries served as a notable source of Fundora's who migrated to Cuba or elsewhere. In trying to find the ultimate mainland source, people have told me Asturias in Northern Spain may be the origin place of the surname. Perhaps that is where my paternal line ultimately hails from...

So this officially links my CTS1848 line to Spain

your marker does not appear to be

Ancient Canary Islanders (Guanches)

your marker does not appear to be

Ancient Canary Islanders (Guanches)

No, it definitely is not Guanche or native Canary Islander. It was most definitely introduced via Spanish colonization of the islands.

Last edited:
Another 2 x T1a that are distant matches to myself

Christian Burtscher

Francesco Antonio Onorato (1727 - 1806) Lucania, Italy

others of T1a2 not linked to myself, but close for my snp

Carl August Zimmerling b.1834 from North-Tyrol

Hans Caspar Gräser; b1660 from Nosellari, Trento, Trentino-South Tyrol, Italy

Another 2 x T1a that are distant matches to myself

Christian Burtscher

Francesco Antonio Onorato (1727 - 1806) Lucania, Italy

others of T1a2 not linked to myself, but close for my snp

Carl August Zimmerling b.1834 from North-Tyrol

Hans Caspar Gräser; b1660 from Nosellari, Trento, Trentino-South Tyrol, Italy

There should be a few T1a2 (SK1480) in Lucania (Basilicata), ... some relatives fled there after WW2 (wrong side of history) until the Amnesty, ... the usual :)
one of them met his wife and had a family, he didn’t go back to Puglia, ...

This thread has been viewed 463449 times.

Back