bigsnake49

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Thracian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7558 (LDNA)
mtDNA haplogroup
U5a1b
I just received my updates from Living DNA and it flip flopped between Aegean and East Balkans.

As there are no jewish refrences
In living dna ... :unsure:
Now in this new update ( my actual kit)
I score even more south italy used to be 61%
Now 83% south italy... :LOL:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_pizza

P.s
I guess there is a big overlapp in genetic markers
Rest of results :
9% arabia
2% north africa
1.7% aegean ( used to be 28% i guess mainly moved to south italy)
4% east balkan ( to low if you ask me granny?):indifferent:

Last edited:
As there are no jewish refrences
In living dna ... :unsure:
Now in this new update ( my actual kit)
I score even more south italy used to be 61%
Now 83% south italy... :LOL:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_pizza
P.s
I guess there is a big overlapp in genetic markers
Rest of results :
9% arabia
2% north africa
1.7% aegean ( used to be 28% i guess mainly moved to south italy)
4% east balkan ( to low if you ask me granny?):indifferent:

… pizza ??? … Probably some of your ancestors were already making Knishes in 100 BC Italy :grin:

…sadly many were forced to leave during the Middle Ages.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Italy

How much south italy you score in this update?
If i remember correctly back in the day
You posted apulian results who score like 90% and above south italy

P.s
So maybe they used apulians and sicilians as references for this cluster...:unsure:
Those regions were also part of magna graecia
So that could explain how my 28% aegean before this update now moved mostly to south italy cluster

How much south italy you score in this update?
If i remember correctly back in the day
You posted apulian results who score like 90% and above south italy
P.s
So maybe they used apulians and sicilians as references for this cluster...:unsure:
Those regions were also part of magna graecia
So that could explain how my 28% aegean before this update now moved mostly to south italy cluster
the 90+ % are from my NatGeo results (Italy and S. Europe). Magna Grecia is more a cultural area then an Ethnic group, my 1st Reference Population is Tuscany (just like the other Pugliese in the Forum).

My LiviDNA results didn’t change yet (besides the new date), the 23andme upload hasn’t change either, though doesn’t have a date.

7MuMTmj.jpg

fDspaqc.jpg

8hToPZJ.jpg

DJW9MUv.jpg

the 90+ % are from my NatGeo results (Italy and S. Europe). Magna Grecia is more a cultural area then an Ethnic group, my 1st Reference Population is Tuscany (just like the other Pugliese in the Forum).

My LiviDNA results didn’t change yet (besides the new date), the 23andme upload hasn’t change either, though doesn’t have a date.

7MuMTmj.jpg

fDspaqc.jpg

8hToPZJ.jpg

DJW9MUv.jpg

do you know if they are going to update also uploaded kit ?
for comparsion here is my ftdna raw data uploaded kit
much more inline logic with my ancestery
(arabia and north africa are stable but i have here significant west iberia and much higher east balkan )

https://i.imgur.com/fjM7X22.png

p.s
i dont know how much snp markers living dna use
but i think it doesn't overlapp in terms of markers with ftdna and ancestery only with 23 and me v5 file
and it is also different algoritem that might explain the different results between actual kit and an uploaded one :unsure:

I don’t know …

Living DNA, in its latest update, tells me that I am a mix of Europeans (80.3%), North Africans (13%) and Arabs (6.7%).

mSc7IRM.png

Not that I believe my Maghreb-Arabic ancestry is recent. This ancestry came to me through Portuguese and Spanish immigrants who arrived in Brazil from 1750 to the end of the 19th century. This so-called "middle eastern" ancestry came to me through European immigrants and not directly through Arab or North African immigration.

I believe that the percentages assigned by Living DNA corresponding to modern populations is an exercise in the algorithm's fiction to meet the commercial purposes of the application, but, doing an exercise of regression in time, I would say that my %s ancestry
qualified by Living DNA as ‘Maghrebrian/Arabian like', considering me basically a descendant of Portuguese and, to a lesser degree, also of 19th-century Spaniards, it finds support in the study by Olalde et al 2019:

'We assembled genome-wide data from 271 ancient Iberians, of whom 176 are from the largely unsampled period after 2000 BCE, thereby providing a high-resolution time transect of the Iberian Peninsula.We document high genetic substructure between northwestern and southeastern hunter-gatherers before the spread of farming.We reveal sporadic contacts between Iberia and North Africa by ~2500 BCE and, by ~2000 BCE, the replacement of 40% of Iberia’s ancestry and nearly 100% of its Y-chromosomes by people with Steppe ancestry.We show that, in the Iron Age, Steppe ancestry had spread not only into Indo-European–speaking regions but also into non-Indo-European–speaking ones, and we reveal that present-day Basques are best described as a typical Iron Age population without the admixture events that later affected the rest of Iberia. Additionally,we document how, beginning at least in the Roman period, the ancestry of the peninsula was transformed by gene flow from North Africa and the eastern Mediterranean'.

Living DNA, in its latest update, tells me that I am a mix of Europeans (80.3%), North Africans (13%) and Arabs (6.7%).

Your Celtic genes are strong, … It seems that you did not inherited any MENA gene related to Phenotype. … I think :)

Your Celtic genes are strong, … It seems that you did not inherited any MENA gene related to Phenotype. … I think :)

Hi Salento. (y) It's possible.

It seems that the R1b massacre in the Iberian Peninsula left marks that reached me, I think. :shocked::LOL:

Hi Salento. (y) It's possible.

It seems that the R1b massacre in the Iberian Peninsula left marks that reached me, I think. :shocked::LOL:

R1b is successful, … It’s hard to wrap my head around how there can be so many of you and so few of me :)

R1b is successful, … It’s hard to wrap my head around how there can be so many of you and so few of me :)

:unsure:
The T lineage is diffusely spread across Europe and there is no doubt about its presence in the neolithic populations of Europe, but has no peaks in any particular region, unlike R1b, which seems to have been particularly successful in Western Europe where reach peaks. It is also difficult for me to understand why the Iberians are so R1b and, at the same time, are, in autosomal terms, much less 'steppe' than the modern populations of Northern and Northeastern Europe, and also lesser than Central Europeans. There seems to be a missing piece in this puzzle, I think: The explanation would be the so-called massacre of Iberian men by the men of the steppe and the abduction of his women? Is there any archaeological proof of this, or are just genetic evidence of its possible occurrence? To me everything still sounds weird. For now, in the absence of elements that might disprove David Antony, I follow the theory that my 'basal' yDNA came from the Pontic-Caspian steppe walking hand in hand with the R1a. R1b and R1a, walking together by the steppes like two young children on the way to glory. Seems that this image inspires many people in the anthropological forums.

My results : ( I don't know why I can't post photos).

- Europe ( South) 73.1%

South Italy : 30.7%
North Italy : 25.2%
West Iberia : 17.2%

-Europe ( North and West) :5.7%

Norwest Germanic : 5.7%

Great Britain and Ireland: 2.9%

-Mesoamerica : 13.7%

-Indigenous North American : 1.7%

- Indigenous South American : 1.6%

- Amazonian : 1.3%

Quite logical that it has a majority of Italian components, although they are mostly from the North and very few from the South, the reverse of what LivingDNA shows. The Iberian component is coherent, it comes from my maternal line. The British component, I suppose, is due to the Celts of northern Italy and western Iberia. What I do not quite understand is the Germanic component. And in reference to Native American, as in other tests, the Central American component predominates in my case, something that I can only attribute to the scarcity of samples, since it would be very unlikely for a South American to have that origin. And my African component ... completely disappeared ...

My results : ( I don't know why I can't post photos).

Hi Italouruguayan. Try these steps:

Select the icon “insert image” in the tool bar of Quick Reply and in the opened window choose the tab ‘from URL’.
qxHxoEO.jpg

FvcLp2T.jpg

Paste an image URL of your pic, obtained in an app like Imgur to where you must previously uploaded your pic.
ub6GC2S.jpg

Disable the option “Retrieve remote file and reference locally” and click in ‘Ok’.
oeOBAvI.jpg

Thanks Duarte!
I tried to do that several times from my computer, without success. However, I could post images from my cell phone. But today, when I try again, I get a message saying that the photos "exceed the capacity" of my posts ...

A58 sample from T ydna is what I am checking ..........i was told it was T1a2 branch ..............I will let you know , unless you already know about this sample

A58 sample from T ydna is what I am checking ..........i was told it was T1a2 branch ..............I will let you know , unless you already know about this sample

I don’t know A58, … let me also know if you found the info of the 6500 years old sample from Lucania (Basilicata), … study / paper, … thanks

I don’t know A58, … let me also know if you found the info of the 6500 years old sample from Lucania (Basilicata), … study / paper, … thanks
I dont know a Lucania one , I was talking about
A 58 - Aschheim-Bajuwarenring,Bavaria, Germany
431-544 calAD (530-570 AD)

i found the paper
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28101915/

This thread has been viewed 10343 times.

Back