Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a-m458(L260)
mtDNA haplogroup
U4b1b1
So my heritage allows you to upload your raw data and gives you an ethnicity estimate for free, plus finding matches. I did it and it only took two days to get the results. Here they are. Has anyone else done this here?

4e57516460ba90ce747061b5deaf4d6b.jpg

Uploaded and processing began for 5 family members (Ancestry test). I'll compare the interpretation to Ancestry's when complete.

The site looks nice, you can import GEDcoms which I might try. One of my main beefs with Ancestry is that the site is clunky with a lack of analytical and tagging tools. I'll still use Ancestry.com for DNA matches and records.

Perhaps Myheritage will help with tracing Norwegians. I have a couple from Oslo with common names that are beyond Ancestry.com's abilities.

My partner received her results yesterday. Uploaded them 3 days ago.

I't won't let me upload a screen shot or give a link but I will copy and paste them below:

[FONT=&quot]Europe
100.0%
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]North and West Europe
70.5%

Scandinavian
47.8%

North and West European
22.7%

South Europe
29.5%

Iberian
15.0%

Greek
14.5%

[/FONT]

So my heritage allows you to upload your raw data and gives you an ethnicity estimate for free, plus finding matches. I did it and it only took two days to get the results. Here they are. Has anyone else done this here?

4e57516460ba90ce747061b5deaf4d6b.jpg

According to their results your highest region percentage is Balkan. Doesn't that surprise you?

I'll try this out too.

According to their results your highest region percentage is Balkan. Doesn't that surprise you?
No not really, because the balkan marker is essentially interchangeable with the eastern euro marker. I know a Polish guy who scores extremely high eastern european and Baltic results and he scores 41% balkan on this test and I know a Croatian girl who scores 0 percent balkan and 56 percent eastern euro.

how do you register? on the main page i only see the option to purchase a dna test or create a family tree?

how do you register? on the main page i only see the option to purchase a dna test or create a family tree?
Scroll down on the page and at the bottom you'll see a link DNA and underneath that link you'll see a link upload raw data and the word "new" written in red. You'll make an account through that

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

Just did mine. Not sure why it takes 3 days, as WeGenes and DNA land only took a few mins. Hopefully it just makes it that much more accurate.

Just did mine. Not sure why it takes 3 days, as WeGenes and DNA land only took a few mins. Hopefully it just makes it that much more accurate.
It took me two days, idk why.

It just can't accept my raw data -
This file does not appear to be a valid autosomal export. Please follow the steps and try again.

Any suggestions?

It just can't accept my raw data -
This file does not appear to be a valid autosomal export. Please follow the steps and try again.

Any suggestions?
What testing company did you use for your initial DNA test?

What testing company did you use for your initial DNA test?

Ftdna, but actually it's uploaded right now after the creation of a new account. Strange.

Ftdna, but actually it's uploaded right now after the creation of a new account. Strange.
Come back in two days and post your results!

My partner received her results yesterday. Uploaded them 3 days ago.

I't won't let me upload a screen shot or give a link but I will copy and paste them below:

[FONT=&quot]Europe
100.0%
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]North and West Europe
70.5%

Scandinavian
47.8%

North and West European
22.7%

South Europe
29.5%

Iberian
15.0%

Greek
14.5%

[/FONT]
What's her or his heritage? (No pun intended)

Europe
-South Europe 78.6%
--Greek 75.9%
--Italian 1.7%
--Iberian 1.0%
-East Europe 21.4%
--Balkan 21.4%

What's her or his heritage? (No pun intended)

She is English and her dad is a quarter dutch. The Scandinavian, and North/Western European is expected, but she is rather confused about the near 30% Southern European, along with the fact that there is no Ireland/Wales or Scotland, let alone English. Her mother's first husband was Maltese, so unless she is being lied to (her supposed real dad is as I said before, quarter Dutch with all English.)

^ Well simple math tells you that a Maltese will not be 30% Spanish (Has Large Western component) and 40% German (North West) like. I would expect a Maltese person to have more Greek/Italian (East med) like mixture, than Western med/Atlantic

This thread has been viewed 57225 times.

Back