britainsdna

1. M

The ancestors of Askenazi women in B. Beaker England and Spain

In Bell Beaker Iberia K1a1b1 (the ancestor of the most common Askenazi mitochondrial haplogroup) are 4/37 of the samples. That's basically being part of the population. While as we know, the Yamnaya replaced also the women in Britain. Leaving only 1/37 of the samples that managed to survive...
  2. stevenarmstrong

When, how, and through whom did Celtic culture arrive in Britain?

Dear Eupedia Forum, When I read a study on ancient DNA submitted for peer review in May that concluded that Rhine River Bell Beaker people replaced over 90% of the male population of Britain some 4,000 years ago, it made me wonder: who were the British Celts, where did they come from, and when...
  3. Maciamo

What's your experience of customer service with DNA testing companies?

I am curious to compare people's experience of customer support at various DNA testing companies. Here is my impression based on my experience. - Family Tree DNA: I have often been critical of this company (high prices, terrible MyOrigins and AncientOrigins report, etc.), but they do have a...
  4. Maciamo

Haplogroup nicknames attributed by BritainsDNA

BritainsDNA is the only testing (AFAIK) that ventures to attribute nicknames to haplogroups and common subclades based on ancient ethnic groups, tribes or geographic regions. This can be a hazardous business as it is quite challenging to find a short moniker that accurately describes the origins...
  5. Maciamo

Comparing DNA testing companies

Here is a quick comparison of the number of SNP's tested by the main genomics companies offering ancestry DNA tests. Company Autosomal SNP's Y-DNA SNP's mtDNA SNP's Price (USA/EU/UK) 23andMe 577,382 2,329 3,154 99~199$/169€/149£ Geno 2.0 700,000 ~20,000 ~4,000 180$ Chrono 2.0 290,169...
Back