happiness

1. Maciamo

Happiness World Happiness Report 2024

This year's report has just been published. As usual Nordic countries top the list, although Israel now managed to climb to the 5th place, ahead of Norway. I had analysed the 2018 report thoroughly at the time. Back then Israel ranked 11th. Kuwait rose from the 45th to 13th place in the last six...
  2. Maciamo

Happiness World happiness increased during Covid pandemic in 2020

Like every year the United Nations and Gallup published their World Happiness Report. The big question this year is how the Coronavirus pandemic affected people's sense of happiness, and how different countries reacted. The Economist deftly summarised the report in their article It might seem...
  3. Maciamo

Happiness Link between post-capitalist culture and higher happiness

Two years ago we discussed the factors that make some countries happier than others. I wondered why countries with a high level of development like Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Italy, Spain, Portugal or Hungary scored relatively low on happiness. Even the United States ranked 18th worldwide...
  4. Maciamo

Society World Happiness Report 2018

The new World Happiness Report 2018 was published last week. 156 countries were surveyed. The ranking includes a number of factors such as y: GDP per capita, social support, healthy life expectancy, freedom to make life choices, generosity, and perceptions of corruption. Generosity is based on...
  5. Jovialis

Nine Varieties of Positive Emotion

Pretty interesting. Happiness is a complex emotion that is triggered by different chemical reactions in the brain according to the situation. I like the fact that it points out that amusement and play is actually necessary for our survival. Often by society it has been historically seen as...
  6. LeBrok

Talk to strangers anytime you can.

According to these scientists, it is good for you, you'll be happier too. Full article: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2014/07/16/youd-be-happier-if-you-talked-to-strangers-more-often/#.U8xH0vldVa8
  7. G

Done 10-day Free Vipassana Meditation Course-Experience TRUE peace FIRST time in life

Hello All, I am so excited and have a pleasure to express my gratitude, on advise of whom I have done this 10-day "Vipassana" Meditation Retreat course(18-Dec-2013 to 28-Dec-2013). For my full life I was trying to search peace in nature, mountains, rivers, rafting, scuba diving, landscapes...
  8. Maciamo

Serotonin transporter (SERT) gene linked to happiness, optimism and life satisfaction

It had been known for a while that how happy people are in equal circumstances was partially hereditary. One of the pioneers in the field was Dr David Lykken of the University of Minnesota, famous for his twin studies and who wrote Happiness: What Studies on Twins Show Us About Nature, Nurture...
Back