slavic

1. Archetype0ne

Genomic and isotopic studies shed light into the mobility of medieval individuals CE

Courtesy of Waldermar, Polish-Pomeranian member over at Anthrogenica. I found the similarity maps reminiscent of a Lazaridis paper. Also quite interesting, confirming some suspicions I have held. On whether all the samples are Slavic he replied: "In Radom, Grodowice and Detkovice, most...
  2. Maciamo

MyTrueAncestry MyTrueAncestry - closest modern countries to ancient ethnicities

This thread is dedicated to comparing the the closest results of people from various European countries and regions to specific ancient archaeological cultures (e.g. Corded Ware, Unetice, Nordic Bronze Age, Villanovan, Hallstatt) or specific unmixed ethnic groups (Romans, Gauls, Franks, Saxons...
  3. Maciamo

New map of Slavic Y-DNA

I made this map by adding paternal lineages associated with the diffusion Slavic peoples from the Iron Age onwards. These include Y-DNA haplogroups I2a1b-CTS10228, R1a-CTS1211, R1a-Z92 and some branches R1a-M458. The Slavic Y-DNA in Italy, southern France and northern Spain came with the...
  4. J

GEDMatch What to make of these GEDmatch eurogenes results (with info)

K13 oracle Admix Results (sorted): # Population Percent 1 North_Atlantic 36.72 2 Baltic 34.62 3 West_Med 15.81 4 East_Med 4.09 5 West_Asian 3.73 6 South_Asian 3.37 7 Red_Sea 1.66 Single Population Sharing: # Population (source) Distance 1 East_German 4.25 2 Austrian...
  5. L

Any information on H36?

Ok, I'm just creating this thread to find some information about mtDNA Haplogroup H36. I recently had a genetics test with LivingDNA and found this out. My entire family (both maternal and paternal lines) going back several generations, actually comes from the region between Florina, Greece...
  6. Balkanite

I2a-Slavic (former I2a-Din) as a slavic marker present in non-slavic populations

Hello people, I want to hear how and when you think the different non-slavic nationalities of the world got their I2a-Slavic input? This is a discussion based on the premise that I2a-Slavic spread with the expansions an and migrations of the slavs. If anyone disagrees on this fundamental...
  7. Maciamo

New phylogenetic trees of R1a

At long last I have found time and energy to update the phylogenetic tree of Y-haplogroup R1a. There are now six separate trees (R1a stem, L664, Z284, M458, Z280 and Z93) instead of two. Like for the other haplogroup trees which I have updated in the last few months (all haplogroups except R1b)...
  8. Bosnian Boss

Genetic information for Bosnia and Herzegovina?

Hello again! If somebody would be so willing as to provide a summary on the genetics of Bosnians (all 3 major ethnicities), it would be greatly appreciated! :good_job: I've done some research on my own and have seen conflicting or sparse data, as the region is overlooked, as per usual. Outside...
  9. Maciamo

New map of YDNA haplogroup R1a-CTS1211 (aka M558 or Y93)

Following the new map of R1a-M458, here is the map of R1a-CTS1211 (aka M558 or Y93). The distribution is more exclusively Balto-Slavic than M458, although the Czechs have very little of it. Note that about half of all R1a in Italy, south-west France and Spain is CTS1211, meaning that it was...
  10. Maciamo

New map of haplogroup R1a-M458 (Y-DNA)

I have created a new map of R1a-M458, a lineage which I associate with the Corded Ware expansion and which peaks in West Slavic countries today. The Underhill et al. 2014 paper provided a rough distribution map of R1a-M458, but I wasn't satisfied by its accuracy (it is auto-generated, not...
  11. Maciamo

New migration map of haplogroup R1a1a

After my new R1b migration map, here is an illustration of the R1a history. The pattern of migration completes that of R1b. You will find all the explanations in the R1a history section. Just one new thing. The chiefly Germanic L664 subclade is the only subclade of R1a that migrated alongside...
Back