mediterranean

1. A

Intriguing Near East autosomal results complemented by confusing mtDNA

So I am all new to this ancestral DNA analysis. Any help which would help me understand my ancestry would be very much appreciated. I got my results back from LivingDNA last week; I was born and raised in Turkey, so I was expecting quite a mixture but I am not sure how to interpret the...
  2. Jovialis

Ancient Teeth show fish and plant consumption in Mesolithic Mediterranean

Previous analysis of Mesolithic skeletal remains in this region has suggested a more varied Medittaranrrean diet consisting of terrestrial, freshwater and marine food resources, not too dissimilar to what modern humans eat today. Although this recent find is the only example of a skeleton that...
  3. M

FTDNA Maronite/Druze FTDNA MyOrigins- problem with identification??

I am a quarter Lebanese and have always been confused about the result FTDNA gave me: British Isles (58%) Southeast Europe (19%) Iberia (9%) West Middle Eastern: (9%) Asia Minor: (6%) Trace: South Central Asia I have no known Iberian or Southeast European ancestors at a time recent enough to...
  4. C

Nordic/Corded phenotype came from EEF?

Considering that the Nordic a.k.a Corded and Mediterranean phenotypes are pretty similiar, except pigmentation and stature, and that they are differents from both UP types (WHG) and Kurgan types. A SYNOPSIS OF THE PHYSICAL ANTHROPOLOGY OF THE CORDED WARE COMPLEX ON THE BACKGROUND OF THE...
  5. F

Ancient (pre-Roman / Greek/ Celtic) place names around the Mediterranean

Inspired by a recent discussion, which will hopefully soon be moved here, the idea is to collect place names that are obviously not of Roman, Greek or Celtic origin (and also not Germanic or Arab) but relate to older languages, as a base to identify ancient population movements and trade...
  6. Angela

The Mediterranean route into Europe (Paschou et al. 2014)

Dienekes posted a link to this study, based on modern DNA distributions: The Mediterranean route into Europe (Paschou et al. 2014) http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2014/06/04/1320811111.abstract The abstract: The Neolithic populations, which colonized Europe approximately 9,000 y ago...
  7. RHAS

Missing Link: Ancestral Mediterraneans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDaJLDfdd6Y
Back