asia

1. Maciamo

K12b New map of Southwest Asian admixture (Dodecad K12b)

I have made a new map of the Southwest Asian admixture from Dodecad K12b. I had made the same map based on the K12 calculator many years ago, but the some people tend to confuse the two as they have the same name. Both are similar in the Middle East and North Africa, but vary quite a lot in...
  2. Maciamo

K12b Percentage of European & Middle Eastern admixture by ethnic group

I realised that many people did not have a clear view of the percentage of European ancestry outside Europe. Goga wrongly believed that Armenians had much higher European ancestry than Indian Brahmins, when in fact Brahmins have about three times more European admixture (15% against 5%) if we...
  3. Maciamo

Homo erectus may have survived in China as late as 14,000 years ago

In the news today, a partial femur found in the Red Deer Cave in China might show that a archaic species of human may have overlapped with modern humans until the end of the ice age. Since 2001 I have supported the theory that the main racial divisions among humans (Caucasoids, Negroids...
  4. Echetlaeus

The impact of Asian "barbarism" in the European continent: thoughts

European history is strongly related to that of Asia. Numerous times in the past there was a clash of civilizations and many people lost their lives during these conflicts. Many have been referring to these events as the "barbarism" of Asia. What do you think about it? Has this contact between...
  5. Maciamo

Analysing Eurasian & African autosomal DNA from Lazaridis et al. 2013

I have reorganised a bit the K=20 autosomal admixtures from Lazaridis et al. 2013 and assigned geographical regions for each component. These admixtures bear an uncanny resemblance to those of the Dodecad Project, and one could wonder if that Iosif Lazaridis could indeed be the person hidden...
  6. Maciamo

New map of East & North Asian mtDNA haplogroups in Europe and the Middle East

I have created a map showing the distribution of East & North Asian (Mongoloid) mtDNA haplogroups in Europe and the Middle East. This includes haplogroups A, B, C, D, E, F, G, M7, M8, Y and Z. ANALYSIS: Western Europe Western Europe has the lowest percentage of East Asian haplogroups, with...
  7. Maciamo

What percentage of ancestry is enough to make feel part of an ethnic group ?

Thanks to population genetics, we are becoming increasingly aware of just how mixed our ancestry really is. The old stereotypes about ethnic purity are meaningless when we think in term of genetic admixtures and deep ancestry spanning over 10,000 years or more. Yet, ethnic groups still exist...
Back