genealogy

1. M

Reproductive unequality in Iceland

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1180299/#!po=21.4286 My goodness, the important part is already in the captions.
  2. Maciamo

Ragnar Lothbrok's dynasty may well have belonged to haplogroup R1a-Z284

I have checked Ragnar Lothbrok's genealogy to find if he had male line descendants to this day. It would not be surprising considering that he had eight sons and they became powerful rulers of their own. The main issue is that the genealogy is disputed. If enough Y-DNA lines survived, it would...
  3. InfamousAngel99

Family Origins

Hello everyone! I was wondering where everyone on this site comes from? When I ask this question, I do not only mean your place of birth but the countries where your ancestors come from. I am from the U.S., and one branch of my family tree has been in what is now known as the U.S. since the...
  4. Georgewalley

Greeks form a genetic cline between the Balkans and the Eastern Mediterranean

Every regions includes different individuals from each region. Used Eurogenes K13 to make an average for every region. Personal observations: There's a correlation between the Increase of East Mediterranean and the decrease of Baltic and North Atlantic. The East Mediterranean element seems...
  5. P

Most Likely Periods of Entry of R1b-U152 into the British Isles

I am a part of the Z36 branch of the R1b-U152 Y-Haplogroup, and I'm 99% certain that my paternal ancestry is British in nature. As U152's prevalence in the British Isles is markedly lower than that of S21's or L21's, I've grown curious at how exactly my paternal family would have gotten to...
  6. Maciamo

Retracing Agnes of Antioch's mtDNA lineage (haplogroup H1)

Olasz et al. (2018) tested the DNA of King Bela III of Hungary. They also tested the mtDNA lineage of his wife, Agnes of Antioch, which was identified as H1 (either H1j8 or H1bz). We can trace her mtDNA through her matrilineal ancestors, then go down again on the daughter lines. Agnes of...
  7. Maciamo

Why do people still care about (distant) genealogy?

I guess that most of us have a family tree, and even if we did not make it ourselves, there is surely a relative in the family that spent considerable time (hundreds, if not thousands of hours) researching in archive rooms to go back as far as possible in time. There is often some kind of pride...
  8. Maciamo

Retracing the mtDNA genealogy of Louis XVI (haplogroup N1b)

UPDATE : a new study by Larmuseau et al. (2013) disproved that the blood tested by Lalueza-Fox et al. belonged to Louis XVI of France. Louis XVI s mtDNA lineage was therefore NOT N1b as originally mentioned in this thread. The genealogy below is still valid but for another, still undisclosed...
  9. G

i2b1 Y-DNA Haplogroups

Hello, My Y-DNA haplogroup is i2b1 - I am trying to do a family tree and am looking for any genetic matches who share my i2b1 haplogroup, especially those based in Europe. Please get in touch if you are my genetic match, would be great to hear more information about our shared ancestors and...
Back