netherlands

1. Maciamo

Culture shock Why the Dutch always say what they mean

Communication between Europeans is much more complicated than between, say, Americans. Obviously Europe has a lot of different languages. But even if everybody speaks the same language, for example English, misunderstandings often result from cultural differences in the way people express...
  2. Maciamo

Thomas Edison probably belonged to haplogroup R1b-L151>S1194>S1200

The great American inventor Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931) appears to have belonged to R1b-L151>S1194>S1200>S14328>SZ5489>Y28597>S10242 according to the Edison Y-DNA project (lineage 1). He is descended from John Edison and Sarah Ogden from the Netherlands. This branch of R1b is found in...
  3. Maciamo

World's first floating dairy farm to open in the Netherlands

With the global population set to reach 10 billion around 2050, new ways are needed to produce food in a sustainable manner. As 55% of the world population currently lives in cities and this will rise to 70% in 2050, producing foods inside cities will reduce transportation costs and the...
  4. E

Amsterdam or Rotterdam?

Hey you guys.. I m new here ..this is actually my first post..:cool-v: anyways.. so i need some dutch help here.. i want to study in holland.. but i m not sure about the city.. there are so many schools i m interested in.. i ve also searched for the university rankings.. soo.. here s the deal ...
  5. anonymust

Moving to the UK

Hey guys, I'm just curious as to how difficult it is to find a house in the UK. (preferably London). And what is the average cost of a studio (something between 20 - 40 sq meters) I lived all my life in the USA with my parents, but i was born of Dutch nationality (The netherlands), and trying...
Back