lifestyle

1. Maciamo

New maps of the USA

Over the years I have created dozens of maps of Europe to help visualise the cultural, political, socio-economic, legal or lifestyle differences between countries. I thought it would be interesting to make similar maps for the United States, using the same scales and colours to facilitate...
  2. Maciamo

Health New Health & Lifestyle Maps of Europe

Over the last few weeks I have been working on 20 new maps (more coming soon) showing indicators of health, activity, food and drink consumptions in and around Europe. Please visit the link. I will just post three of them here to illustrate. I was inspired in part by the discussion about the...
  3. Maciamo

Religion and tradition still influence couples' decision to get married

In another thread, I was explaining how, for many Northwest Europeans, the decision to get married or live under a civil union or domestic partnership was often simply motivated by the desire to have a wedding party (still a dream for many women, regardless of their religiosity). I was...
  4. Maciamo

Society Daily TV watching time by country

I have made a map showing the average time spent watching TV (in minutes) in and around Europe. The data for this map comes from Statista (for Europe), Zenith OptiMedia (for the Middle East) and Ipsos (for Lebanon only). For the sake of comparison, Americans spend 270 minutes per day in front...
  5. LeBrok

If you had to live like a hunter-gatherer what lifestyle and location would you pick?

Would you be hunter-gatherer of the steppe, riding horses and eating horse meat, or further in time being steppe mammoth hunter, living in mammoth tusk tents? Would you be rather hunter gatherer of North Europe hunting deer in moderate climate forest, with your friend domesticated wolf "first...
Back