df27

1. Astur_Cantabri

R-by157765

Recently got the results of my ‘Big Y-700’ test on FTDNA. Was assigned the clade R-BY157765 (a marker downstream of Z279, but upstream of M153). The estimated timeline and theoretical migration path places it around the eastern side of the Sierra de Guadarrama (around the territories inhabited...
  2. Maciamo

Searching for famous R1b-DF27 individuals

Two US presidents, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush apparently belong to haplogroup R1b DF27>Z196>Z209> CTS4065>S16864 based on the results from the Bush Surname Project. I ran the haplotype in NevGen's haplogroup predictor to determine the subclade. They descend from Reynold Bush (1600-1686)...
  3. Giver

my STRs closer match to M153 than its upstreams, except one?

I'm DF27+, and I've taken Geno 2.0 and am waiting for results. But in the meantime, in my impatience, I got curious and started comparing my 67 STRs with the subclade modals (at the FTDNA R1b-DF27 project page). I noticed a weird thing that I don't understand. My strongest...
  4. Maciamo

Updated phylogenetic trees of R1b-L21, R1b-DF27 and R1b-U152

Time for an annual update of the R1b phylogeny. I have made 3 separate trees for these ever-growing subclades of the Celtic and Italic branches of R1b. I hope it's clearer than the older version. You can see larger versions here.
  5. Maciamo

New map of R1b-DF27 (SRY2627 + M153)

I had been postponing the creation of this map until more data was available, especially for France and Central Europe. But as this could take years, I've decided to make the map anyway and update it later once new studies will be published. So please take it with a pinch of salt. The map is...
Back