g2a3b1

1. PaterKeklos

G2a3b1a (G-l497): Did the mutation first appear in the PIE homeland area or in Europe

I've seen conflicting reports about this. We know the age of the mutation to correspond with the timeline of the PIE invasion of Central Europe. We know it is one of the few haplogroup G2a clades to be found in Scandinavia. It very clearly appears to be tied to the PIE invasion and very...
  2. W

G2a3b1 in English people

Hello all, I am new to genetics and I have a query. I am English with my paternal ancestry traceable to Yorkshire as far back as the 1700s. My Y-DNA is G2a3b1a, specifically G-Z726; am I right in thinking that this line originated with Franks/Saxons who arrived with the Anglo-Saxon settlement...
  3. Maciamo

Major new paper on haplogroup G : new peaks in NW Caucaus, Palestine & Corsica

A new paper on haplogroup G by Rootsi et al. was published two days ago. They compiled a new database of some 1500 members of hg G spread over nearly 100 regions and listed frequencies in all these regions for 17 subclades of G. This is by far the most comprehensive study of hg G so far. I am...
Back