r1b-u152

1. A

R1b Z142 R-FGC22952

Good evening everyone, I would like to know something more about my deep clade. It is part of U152 L2 haplougroup but unlike other clades the results do not lead me towards Italy, France or Germany. I attach SNP Tracker map. Thanks in advance to everyone who will help me
  2. J

R-S4634 Origin?

Hello, I have now completely received my Y-DNA result from YSEQ and it has given me R1b-S4634, telling me that I am not positive for the subclades under it. Does anyone have any idea of its origin? Here what YSEQ says: "R1b-U152 Superclade Panel L2 C- Z56 A+ Z192 T- A7969 G- PF6582 C- S47 T+...
  3. P

Most Likely Periods of Entry of R1b-U152 into the British Isles

I am a part of the Z36 branch of the R1b-U152 Y-Haplogroup, and I'm 99% certain that my paternal ancestry is British in nature. As U152's prevalence in the British Isles is markedly lower than that of S21's or L21's, I've grown curious at how exactly my paternal family would have gotten to...
  4. Maciamo

New phylogenetic tree of R1b-U152 (and L2)

I have been working for three days on a new updated version of the R1b-U152 tree. I had to split it in two trees as the L2 branch was taking too much space. I recommend that you viw the tree in full screen by clicking on them on the R1b page. I had already suggested three years ago that Z56 was...
  5. Maciamo

George Washington probably belonged to haplogroup R1b-L21

The first President of the United States, George Washington may well have belonged to R1b-L21>DF13. This deduction is based on the results from the Washington DNA Project where most bearers of that surname belong to various clades under DF13. The only member who claims descend from John...
  6. Maciamo

Searching for famous R1b-U152 individuals

This thread is dedicated to proposing new famous members of haplogroup R1b-U152 (S28) and its subclades. So far, confirmed R1b-U152 carriers include: - The House of Habsburg (L2+ based on the Habsburg Family Project) - Abraham Lincoln (probably L2+ according to the Lincoln DNA project) Here...
  7. Dorianfinder

R1b-U152 L2*

The Z49+ or Z347+ mutations seem to suggest Roman subclades of R1b-U152 L2. What about those subclades that do not carry these two mutations? The Balkans (Greece, Romania etc.) have a significant amount of R1b-U152 L2* that may or may not belong to either one of these two Roman subclades. If...
  8. Maciamo

Updated phylogenetic trees of R1b-L21, R1b-DF27 and R1b-U152

Time for an annual update of the R1b phylogeny. I have made 3 separate trees for these ever-growing subclades of the Celtic and Italic branches of R1b. I hope it's clearer than the older version. You can see larger versions here.
  9. Maciamo

Evidence that the ancient Romans spread R1b-U152 based on Roman colonies in Italy

I have updated my article on the Genetic History of Italy, adding a section arguing that the Romans were predominantly R1b-U152 (S28) based on the geographic distribution colonies founded by the Roman inside Italy. I have created a map showing the locations of Roman colonies and U152 frequencies.
  10. Maciamo

Breakdown of R1b subclades in Italy (Boattini et al.)

I have counted the samples for each R1b subclade in the new study of Italian Y-chromosomes by Boattini et al. and calculated the percentages for R1b for each province. The two most interesting R1b subclades in Italy are R1b-U152, which I believe to be associated with the Italic migrations, and...
  11. Maciamo

Villanova culture represents Italic colonisation of Italy

I have updated the R1b-S28 (U152) history, adding a section about the Villanova culture: The expansion of the Urnfield/Halstatt culture to Italy is evident in the form of the Villanovan culture (c. 1100-700 BCE), which shared striking resemblances with the Urnfield/Hallstatt sites of Bavaria...
Back