y-dna i1

1. M

WHG and EEF/CHG in the PCA

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(22)00455-X?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS009286742200455X%3Fshowall%3Dtrue From this paper There are some curiosities regarding this picture that I noticed and wanted to share(I already made a post about...
  2. V

Is my Grandfathers Haplogroup Norse Viking or Jutish/Anglish/Saxon?

My grandfathers ydna was I-FT258149, and his paternal line is originally from West Yorkshire, and parts of Northern Nottinghamshire (East Midlands). This haplogroup belongs to I-M253>I-DF29>I-Y2592>I-CTS6364>I-S4795>I-FGC20030>I-FT3275>I-A5338>I-A5339. So just based on how it is classified, it...
  3. L

Greek belonging to I1-L22 (I-Y16808* branch) - Yfull results

He is my Greek friend from the following thread. His paternal line goes back to the early modern period Greeks of Seydikoy, now part of the Izmir region of Turkey. https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/39712-Greek-GEDMATCH-results-(ancestry-from-multiple-greek-regions-). After doing a WGS test...
  4. L

I1 and U106 - always Germanic or speaking language ancestral to Common Germanic?

YFull estimates TMRCA of I1 as 4600 ybp and TMRCA of U106 as 4800 ybp. Proto-Germanic language is believed to have been spoken to about 2500 ybp, which is much after the development of U106 and I1 subbranches (according to YFull estimations it is more than 2000 years). If all U106 and I1 is...
  5. E

L1 haplogroup in Europe - YDNA

Hi, I noticed that there is no thread on the haplogroup L1 in Europe. Is there anyone in Italy with L1 YDNA to share information? Many thanks Enrico
  6. V

Can anyone explain to a layman how exactly the I1a-DF29 and I2a-L4 are related?

The above shows that they are both mutations from I-M170, and their divergence resulted in two drastically different people, the Scandinavians and Dinaric Balkan peoples. But what exactly do the two lineages share from their I-M170 ancestors? Both people are among the tallest in Europe and in...
  7. Maciamo

President Bill Clinton might belong to Y-haplogroup I1

President William Jefferson Clinton was born William Jefferson Blythe. Clinton is his adoptive father's name. His genealogy shows that his paternal grandfather hailed from Mississippi as did his previous patrilinear ancestors until the early 19th century. I looked for the Blythe surnames on...
  8. C

I-M253 - Subclade Cluster AS1313

I recently went to the website members.bex.net and plugged in the STR's for both my FTDNA kits. Both kits were 100% I-M253 as they are on FTDNA. I have a Z138 SNP test out and I am awaiting results on one kit. When I clicked on the link asking about Subclade Prediditon on both kits I got one...
  9. I

Circassian with I1

Hello, My Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup is I1. I have tested positive for the SNP P109. I am originally from the Northwest Caucasus, from the Circassian sub-branch of Kebertei (Cabardians) despite I have never lived in Russia. I know that 10% to 30% of Circassians can be I1 and I2, but I have no...
  10. R

Poll: What language did I1-bearing peoples speak most frequently before IE?

What language did Haplogroup I1-bearing peoples speak most frequently before Indo-European? I am looking for your own opinion and/or speculation based on what you know of the research. Nobody is going to be called out on the correctness of their answer. If you believe that I1 peoples spoke...
  11. Maciamo

HLA-A3: distribution map, subtypes, SNPs and associated medical conditions

Here is a map showing the allele frequency of HLA-A3, which is divided in two subtypes : A3:01 and A3:02. The former is mostly found in Europe, with lower frequencies across the Middle East, Central Asia (Uygurs), India and even isolated parts of Africa (Cameroon). The latter peaks in Georgia...
  12. Maciamo

President Andrew Jackson belonged to haplogroup I1

Andrew Jackson (1767-1845), the seventh President of the United States, most probably belonged to haplogroup I1 based on results from the Jackson DNA Project. His genealogy shows that he is descended from Richard Jackson (1505-1562) from Killingsworth, Eske, Yorkshire...
  13. Maciamo

Searching for famous I1 individuals

Inspired by sparkey's excellent thread Searching for famous I2 carriers, I thought it could be useful to start a thread to investigate another haplogroup that hasn't yielded so many famous individuals so far. Confirmed I1 carriers include: - Birger Jarl - Alexander Hamilton - Andrew Jackson...
  14. Kotroman

Haplogroup I1 in Herzegovinians, Montenegrins and Kosovar Albanians

I think that the new map of the distribution of haplogroup I1 in Europe should be changed a little bit. According to the genetic studies of Oxford Journals, Molecular Biology and Evolution High-Resolution Phylogenetic Analysis of Southeastern Europe Traces Major Episodes of Paternal Gene Flow...
  15. Maciamo

Estimating Germanic Y-DNA in Iberia

Spain and Portugal are fairly well studied countries for Y-chromosomal lineages. Unfortunately no study so far has tested for the Germanic S21/U106 subclade of R1b, and few papers even distinguish subclades of I (those who did only tested for I2a1a-M26). I have analysed the raw data from Adams...
  16. Maciamo

Distribution of I1 in Italy (Boattini et al.)

Haplogroup I1 is a marker of Germanic migrations to Italy. The Ostrogoths, Vandals, Lombards, Franks and Normans all left some I1 lineages behind them. The distribution of I1 is fairly homogeneous all over Italy, usually ranging from 1 to 5%. I had a look at the new study by Boattini et al. to...
  17. K

P310... and this tells meeee?

After months of getting pushed back for further testing my deep clade results are in. I am R1b1a2a1a1, R-P310 (L11*). Unfortunately Family Tree DNA does a poor job explaining the outcome. (I'm not exactly feeling like I'm getting my moneys worth if you know what I mean.) So what does this tell...
  18. onslo

Norman haplogroup I1, SNP M253+( the most neglected SNP )

I1 is indigenous to Europe , the direct descendant of Cro-Magnon. Germanic branch of R1b1b2 moved north and mixed with indigenous I1 . Hybrid Germanic tribe retained highest percentage if I Haplogroup. Germanic language assimilated large part of I1? Is SNP M253+, with all other following SNPs...
  19. M

Manduka Family History-haplogroup I1

I am searching any Manduka's in Europe. There may be spelling variations. My ancestor was born in Poland in 1837 (Wladyslaw Manduka). I am looking for any other Manduka's who have family data in the 18th or 19th century. Thank You! Joe Manduke
Back