polls

1. Maciamo

Climate change Most people worldwide worried about climate change. Right-wing US least concerned.

The famous American think tank Pew Research has published a new survey about attitudes to climate change. In Response to Climate Change, Citizens in Advanced Economies Are Willing To Alter How They Live and Work Over the last six years Westerners have become increasingly concerned about the...
  2. Venko2257

Some Help for Presentation Needed

Hello, fellow Eupedians! I would like to request a bit of your help with a presentation I have on Tuesday. It's about how the major toy brands (LEGO, Playmobil, Hasbro, Mattel) are perceived generally. It's a very short survey, so it wouldn't take more than 3 minutes! Thank you in advance! :)...
  3. G

Main Y-haplogroups on the territory of Dacia 2000-3000 years ago.

What could have been the main Y-haplogroups on the territory of Dacia, 2000-3000 years ago? (you can choose more than one) Dacia included areas between the Tisa and the Middle Danube. The Carpathian Mountains are located in the middle of Dacia. It thus corresponds to the present-day...
  4. Maciamo

Religion Religious Typology: a new way to categorise Americans by religion

The Pew Research Center has published a new and revealing classification of religion in America. I am not going to copy the whole article here (9 long pages). Here are just a few charts to highlight the research and my comments. Here is a summary of the new classification. As you will see...
  5. Maciamo

Society Life has got better over the last 50 years in many countries, but not in the Americas

Pew Research conducted a worldwide survey asking people whether life is better now than it was 50 years ago. The majority of people life in Asia, Australia, Canada and most of Europe (with notable exceptions such as France, Italy and Greece) believed that life has indeed got better. But...
  6. Jovialis

How Tall Are You?

I’m 6’2” (188 cm)
  7. R

What do you think should be the destiny of the Falkland Islands/Islas Malvinas?

It has been over 30 years since the Falklands War, and though nobody is shooting now, sabers continue to be rattled on both sides. What do you think should happen to the Falklands, and, if you are willing to explain, why?
  8. R

What's your favorite Germanic language?

This poll is inspired by the favorite Romance language poll and thread. What is your favorite Germanic language, and, if you are willing, why? You may base your favorite on anything - the phonology, look of the writing system, grammar, literature, music, or associated culture. If you are a...
  9. R

What is your y-haplogroup?

This poll is intended to get a rough chart of what y-haplogroups are present on this forum. This should preferably be based on testing of your own DNA, but if this has not been done, you may project a likely haplogroup from a family member who would be expected to have the same one as you (e.g...
  10. Maciamo

Germany tops global popularity poll for major countries

Since 2005 GlobeScan has been conducting a Country Ratings Poll for the BBC, asking 26,000 people around the world whether they had a positive, neutral or negative opinion about other countries. The 2013 survey has just been released and reviews 17 countries with data from 25 countries...
  11. Maciamo

Polls show that Greeks don't see themselves and other Europeans like everyone else

The Economist reposted an opinion poll by Pew Research about the stereotypes European people had about each others. The Greeks stick out of the lot by their lack of objectivity when asked for their place inside Europe. While all Europeans agreed that the Germans were the most trustworthy...
Back