offspring

1. Jovialis

'Old' sperm produces healthier offspring

Sperm that live for longer before fertilising an egg produce healthier offspring—according to new research from the University of East Anglia and Uppsala University in Sweden. New research published today shows that longer-lived sperm in an ejaculate of a zebrafish male produce offspring with...
  2. Jovialis

Increased stress on fathers leads to brain development changes in offspring

New research in mice has found that a father's stress affects the brain development of his offspring. This stress changes the father's sperm, which can then alter the brain development of the child. This new research provides a much better understanding of the key role that fathers play in the...
  3. LeBrok

Genetic source of Unetice Culture.

I've been running new kits (DNA), I got my hands on recently, through HarappaWorld admixture and started to notice some patterns. (Maybe real ones. ;) After quick calculations I found fairly good match for ancestral source of Unetice Culture. Have a look: I mixed Hungarian Late Neolithic...
  4. Maciamo

How many children do we need to be sure to pass on all our DNA ?

We only pass on half of our genomes to each of our children. Yet it would be wrong to believe that we could pass 100% of our genes simply by having two kids. It is obvious that the second child will never inherit exactly the other half from the first kid. If they did, they wouldn't even be full...
Back