vaccine

1. Maciamo

What do the anti-vaxxers share in common?

Vaccination is a topic that is as likely to divide people and families as politics and religion. It has been exacerbated by the Coronavirus pandemic, but the rift was already present long before in some countries. According to Our World in Data, 33% of French people don't believe that vaccines...
  2. Maciamo

Health Anti-vaxxer movement strongest in France

The French like to do things differently from everyone else. In the last few months they have made the headlines around the world for the dogged refusal to get vaccinated against Covid-19. The reasons are varied. Some people believe in the wildest conspiracy theories, claiming that the...
  3. Jovialis

Researchers find clues to AIDS resistance in sooty mangabey genome

Abstract In contrast to infections with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in humans and simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) in macaques, SIV infection of a natural host, sooty mangabeys (Cercocebus atys), is non-pathogenic despite high viraemia1. Here we sequenced and assembled the genome of a...
  4. Jovialis

DNA-Based Flu Shot

Personally, I've never once in my life received a flu shot. Not that I have reservations against it, I just... never got one. I really don't know enough about the vaccine to have an opinion. Nevertheless, I've only contracted the flu a couple of times in my whole life. If my job required that I...
Back