la tène

1. Jovialis

La Tène Culture to Model Ancient & Modern Italians

https://www.worldhistory.org/image/14458/map-of-la-tene-culture/ Much praise to Maciamo for processing the Paterson et al. 2021 samples, and sharing them with me. I will include them in an update of the Individual samples for the aDNA catalog for Dodecad K12b. I have included La Tène, and...
  2. Maciamo

New map of Y-gaplogroup G2a-L497

This clade was found in the Cucuteni-Trypillian culture (as I had predicted), which explains the hotspot around Moldova. G2a-L497 (or actually its Z1816 subclade) was probably assimilated by the R1b-U152 Proto-Italo-Celts before moving to the Alps. Not only is there a strong geographic...
  3. Maciamo

Map of Hallstatt and La Tène expansions

I have made a new map showing the spread of the Hallstatt and La Tène cultures from the Late Bronze Age to the Late Iron Age. There were already maps on Wikipedia but some lacked accuracy, others didn't show the modern borders or cut out Eastern Europe and Anatolia. I have also updated the...
  4. Kotroman

Can haplogroup G2 be associated with early Celtic tribes?

I have been wonder for a long time now, about the possible link between Y-DNA haplogroup G2 with early Celtic Hallstatt culture and La-Tène civilization. If we look closely at the diffusion of haplogroup G2, it can with mine suggestion be associated with Celtic migrations. The mutation of G2 is...
Back