siberia

1. Wheal

Unknown Group of Ancient Humans Once Lived in Siberia, New Evidence Reveals

https://www.livescience.com/65654-dna-ice-age-teeth-siberia.html
  2. Taralian

mtDNA Z1a...via L3, M8, CZ, and then Z

Hello, fellow travelers, I'd love to meet others in my tiny mtDNA haplogroup of Z1a, which is found in the highest concentrations in the Sami (aka Laplander) population of Finland, and in Tibet. Apparently, a woman around 6500 years ago had daughters whose descendants migrated from Siberia to...
  3. Jovialis

Ancient Fennoscandian genomes reveal origin and spread of Siberian ancestry in Europe

Abstract European population history has been shaped by migrations of people, and their subsequent admixture. Recently, ancient DNA has brought new insights into European migration events linked to the advent of agriculture, and possibly to the spread of Indo-European languages. However, little...
  4. Maciamo

Y-haplogroups of the Volga-Ural region + Saami + Gotland

I have added new populations in the Y-DNA tables: the island of Gotland in Sweden, the Saami (Finland+Sweden+Norway), and the six main ethnic groups of the Volga-Ural region in Russia: the Chuvashs, Komi, Mari, Mordvins, Tatars, and Udmurts. Gotland distinguishes itself by its extremely high...
  5. Maciamo

What percentage of ancestry is enough to make feel part of an ethnic group ?

Thanks to population genetics, we are becoming increasingly aware of just how mixed our ancestry really is. The old stereotypes about ethnic purity are meaningless when we think in term of genetic admixtures and deep ancestry spanning over 10,000 years or more. Yet, ethnic groups still exist...
Back