iberia

1. othayusjack

I1 in Iberians

Hey! Is there any Iberians or descendants here belonging to Haplogroup I1? Most specifically I1-Z2535.. I am Brazilian. My earliest known ancestor is Called João Crisostomo de Araújo, born before 1870. I can't really advance any more. I wish i could have money for the Big Y 700, but I'll...
  2. M

Iberian Yamnaya FEMALES were U5

I was revisiting Iñigo Olalde's paper "The genomic history of the Iberian Peninsula over the past 8000 years" and I found the likely candidates for the women, the few of them, that came along with the R1b Yamnaya men. There are 14 samples classified as Iberia Chalcolithic (CA) Steppe. I further...
  3. Astur_Cantabri

R-by157765

Recently got the results of my ‘Big Y-700’ test on FTDNA. Was assigned the clade R-BY157765 (a marker downstream of Z279, but upstream of M153). The estimated timeline and theoretical migration path places it around the eastern side of the Sierra de Guadarrama (around the territories inhabited...
  4. Jovialis

Copper Age–Bronze Age transition in southern Iberia

Genomic transformation and social organization during the Copper Age–Bronze Age transition in southern Iberia Abstract The emerging Bronze Age (BA) of southeastern Iberia saw marked social changes. Late Copper Age (CA) settlements were abandoned in favor of hilltop sites, and collective...
  5. Maciamo

Genome-wide genetic analysis of Iberians from the Neolithic to the Early Middle Ages

I have written a Genetic analysis of Ancient Iberia, in which I ran the Dodecad K12b admixtures for most of the good quality samples from the Neolithic to the Early Middle Ages and computed average values (a modal) by era. I then compared these modals to modern populations using Vahaduo.
  6. U

Ramirez de Arellano and Y14999

Hello to all. My first post on this forum. My name is Ken Ramirez de Arellano (RDA). We have been researching the origins of the Ramirez de Arellano from Logrono, Spain (Rioja). We've located 9 proven RDA descendants that are all I-P109 including two that are not from Puerto Rican descendants...
  7. M

Maronite/Druze FTDNA MyOrigins- problem with identification??

I am a quarter Lebanese and have always been confused about the result FTDNA gave me: British Isles (58%) Southeast Europe (19%) Iberia (9%) West Middle Eastern: (9%) Asia Minor: (6%) Trace: South Central Asia I have no known Iberian or Southeast European ancestors at a time recent enough to...
  8. brimcmike

Final - The Beaker phenomenon and the genomic transformation of northwest Europe.

Olalde I, et al. The Beaker phenomenon and the genomic transformation of northwest Europe. Nature. Published online: 21 February 2018. doi:10.1038/nature25738. [Gleaned from the Supplementary Information, and data tables that are behind a pay wall] Iberian Beaker-associated individuals...
  9. H

Post your Iberian Jewish results

I am curious what a typical person from Iberia (Spain, Portugal) who has Jewish in their results looks like in their whole make up. Jewish came as a surprise for my catholic grandfather and was wondering how to tell how long ago it was. My Madeiran grandfathers results: 56% SW European 6%...
  10. PaterKeklos

Was R1b-V88 the culprit for the outdated "all R1b's are Basque" theory?

So I only recently, about 3 months ago, decided to start reading up on ancient European genetics because the last time I had researched it (probably in 2010), the prevailing theory was: -There was a refugia in the Basque region and one in Ukraine somewhere. The Basque one was all R1b's made of...
  11. D

Is there some link between R1 and a Paleolithic Prothrombin mutation

It has puzzled me, a novice. Poking through various sites and charts and maps and lists, R1b1b2a*, which is, as I know is called various names, and known as R-L23, is commonly sourced as from the Anatolian peninsula, and the Black Sea Steppes some 6000 years ago. My curiosity is about my...
  12. Ziober

Numantine Museum. Celtiberian pottery, metallurgy & Ornaments in Numantia (Spain)

These are some pics taken by me in the Numantine Museum of Soria (Spain). These items represents the fusion between Celtic and Iberian art, Especially in pottery, and some pure celtic weapons and metallurgy. Founded in Garray (Numantia) and surroundings Baby's bottle? VII-V bc Helmet
  13. B

The Population Genomics Of Archaeological Transition In West Iberia

now also West-Iberian DNA http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/05/10/134254 after a long dry period, it is raining new publications today it will take me some time to digest
  14. Maciamo

Southern Neolithic route brought Megaliths from the Levant to Western Europe

I have hypothesised for several years that the wave of Neolithic farmers who came from the southern Levant through North Africa brought a quite different set of haplogroups and autosomal admixture than the Anatolian farmers that colonised the Balkans and Central Europe. There is ample...
  15. T

Curious about my Iberian ascendancy

I'm 15 years old, carrier of Brazilian and Portuguese citizen, and i am very interested about my genetics, but if i can, i will be proceed fast to post one. My father family has descendancy of sephardic enslaver farmers of the southeast of Brazil(they have gone through hundred years of...
  16. B

E1b1b E-M81 in Iberia: Neolithic, Phoenician or Moorish ?

Did we reach a conclusion? Is more Neolithic, Phoenician or Moorish in Iberia? http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml
  17. S

In what does iberia set apart from other countries in europe?

I saw in a genetics post or in a forum that iberians from the peoples of europe are the furthest away from the others. Is this true in fst distances and if yes why is it like that, I mean what may have caused that. Is it maybe about more continuity from ancient times and less indo-european input...
  18. S

autosomal dna in north portugal

Well I just want to know if there is any data or study on northern portuguese autosomical dna. I am curious since this area is known for less neolithic continuity and more germanic tribes settleling in the area such as the suebi.
  19. S

The very interesting haplogroup j1b

Hi everyone, I would like you guys to enlighten me on this since it consernes the area that I live on. Most folks consider J1 to be immediatly a typical semithic haplogroup but I have read that that is not true.When I first saw studies conserning J1 has around 3% in my area I doubted of the...
  20. S

If autosomal dna defines appearence then...

Don't take me wrong I am very proud of my country and I respect the diversity there is but still I want to state that Portugal mainly in the north and interior is a very mountanous country and there is a lot of diversity from one population to another and I don't bother but when I hear someone...
Back