r1a

1. M

WHG and EEF/CHG in the PCA

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(22)00455-X?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS009286742200455X%3Fshowall%3Dtrue From this paper There are some curiosities regarding this picture that I noticed and wanted to share(I already made a post about...
  2. M

R1a in Han

In the northern Chinese provinces of Gansu and (western) Henan there are like 9/10% of haplogroup R1a. Taking into account that these regions are somewhat close to Xinjiang, makes sense. The striking part however, is that we're talking about the Han ethnicity.
  3. Maciamo

Ragnar Lothbrok's dynasty may well have belonged to haplogroup R1a-Z284

I have checked Ragnar Lothbrok's genealogy to find if he had male line descendants to this day. It would not be surprising considering that he had eight sons and they became powerful rulers of their own. The main issue is that the genealogy is disputed. If enough Y-DNA lines survived, it would...
  4. A

How did Proto-Indo-Europeans (R* R1b/R1a) lose Mongoloid characteristics?

The emergence of haplogroup R * is related to the Siberian culture of Mal'ta – Buret '. But it has been shown that the boy from Malta had a Mongoloid phenotype very similar to today's Siberian populations, dark eyes and hair. We know that people from Yamnaya Culture had a fairly high percentage...
  5. O

R1a-Z282 without deeper subclade?

Hello! :grin: This is my first post here. You seems like a community with enormous amount of data and knowledge on european genetics, that's why I decided to join you and learn a lot of interesting things on this issue. :cool-v: My haplogroup on 23andMe is R1a-Z282. I downloaded the raw...
  6. Maciamo

New map of Slavic Y-DNA

I made this map by adding paternal lineages associated with the diffusion Slavic peoples from the Iron Age onwards. These include Y-DNA haplogroups I2a1b-CTS10228, R1a-CTS1211, R1a-Z92 and some branches R1a-M458. The Slavic Y-DNA in Italy, southern France and northern Spain came with the...
  7. C

Mycenaeans R1a or R1b?

By the latest genetic studies, which haplogroup do you think the early Mycenaen Greeks represent, R1a or R1b? Greek being a centum language suggests R1b but Greek shares some features with R1a Indo-Iranian as well.
  8. P

Who were native europeans in Mesolithic era

If R lived in eastern europe since Mesolithic era then why they are called Bronze age immigrants then? is western europe only europe?
  9. sljoza

Could have Goths been of Scandinavian R1a

My DNA result gave result as R1a subclass Z284>L448 and ever since I've tried to figure out the ways of my ancestors. My family originates from Serbo-Bulgarian parts of the Balkan (certain for past 200 years) and it confuses me how could the Scandinavian R1a be settle in the Balkans. It might...
  10. Maciamo

New phylogenetic trees of R1a

At long last I have found time and energy to update the phylogenetic tree of Y-haplogroup R1a. There are now six separate trees (R1a stem, L664, Z284, M458, Z280 and Z93) instead of two. Like for the other haplogroup trees which I have updated in the last few months (all haplogroups except R1b)...
  11. I

Help with understanding my test results

Hello everyone, I just received my test results and my haplogroup is undoubtedly R1a. However I would like to know little bit more about my ancestry. Anyone able to read this and give me some more info? Haplogroup Probability Fitness 1 R1a Z282>Z280>>Y35>CTS3402 67.39 61.15 2 R1a...
  12. Maciamo

The great pairings of Y-DNA haplogroups in prehistory

When G2a Neolithic farmers started advancing from the Near East into Europe, they encountered indigenous hunter-gathering tribes belonging to various haplogroups (C1a2, F, I*, I1, I2a, I2b, I2c, and possibly even H). Interestingly, most of these lineages didn't survive in significant number...
  13. Maciamo

Y-DNA and mtDNA frequencies in Proto-Indo-European cultures

I have added the samples from Allentoft 2015 and updated the haplogroup frequencies in the section Haplogroups of Bronze Age Proto-Indo-Europeans.
  14. Maciamo

New map of HLA-A1 allele frequency

Here is my first HLA map. I chose to start with HLA-A1 because it is the first chronologically, but also because it is one of the most common HLA types in Europe. The HLA (Human Leucocyte Antigen) genes are on important component of the immune system regulation. They are cell-surface...
  15. Maciamo

Autosomal analysis of Yamna, Corded Ware and Bell Beaker samples

Here is a summary of my observations posted in this thread regarding the autosomal analysis of the Mesolithic and Bronze Age samples from Haak et al 2015. Eurogenes K15 analysis The K15 admixtures for all the Yamna, Corded Ware and Bell Beaker samples can be found in this spreadsheet. As I...
  16. Maciamo

New map of haplogroup R1a-Z93 in Eurasia

To complete the series of main R1a subclades here is the map of Z93 in Eurasia. I have tried to avoid colouring uninhabited regions (high mountains and deserts), but it may not be 100% accurate. Click on the map to get to the Y-DNA maps page, and click again to see a larger version.
  17. Maciamo

New map of Ancient Eurasian (ANE) admixture

Year 2014 is drawing to a close and I was hoping to finish the ANE and WHG maps by the end of the year. Here is the first one. The data is based on Eurogenes. This map compares the genes of modern people to the DNA of a Central Siberian mammoth hunter (known as MA-1), who lived 24,000 years...
  18. Maciamo

New map of YDNA haplogroup R1a-CTS1211 (aka M558 or Y93)

Following the new map of R1a-M458, here is the map of R1a-CTS1211 (aka M558 or Y93). The distribution is more exclusively Balto-Slavic than M458, although the Czechs have very little of it. Note that about half of all R1a in Italy, south-west France and Spain is CTS1211, meaning that it was...
  19. Maciamo

New map of haplogroup R1a-M458 (Y-DNA)

I have created a new map of R1a-M458, a lineage which I associate with the Corded Ware expansion and which peaks in West Slavic countries today. The Underhill et al. 2014 paper provided a rough distribution map of R1a-M458, but I wasn't satisfied by its accuracy (it is auto-generated, not...
  20. Maciamo

Listen to an audio reconstruction of Proto-Indo-European language

Listen to this audio reconstruction of what Proto-Indo-European language of R1a and R1b people might have sounded like 6,000 years ago in the Pontic-Caspian Steppe. Here is the explanation from Archeology.com.
Back