global warming

1. Maciamo

Climate change 2024: the first year living with +2°C of warming

If you were not concerned about global warming before it's time you should. 2023 has seen a massive acceleration in the rate of warming. We had gained 1.1°C since pre-industrial times until 2022. We gained another one degree only in 2023!! Yes you have read that correctly. As much warming last...
  2. Maciamo

Climate change Time to sell your seaside property

Do you live in the coastal city or own a second home at the beach? It's high time to think about selling. Why? Global warming of course. If you haven't heard yet, It has been accelerating like crazy in the last few months, jumping from +1°C above pre-industrial averages at the beginning of 2023...
  3. Maciamo

Climate change What do degrees of global warming really mean?

When discussing climate change, one thing that most people don't understand is what the degrees of warming mean. The global temperatures are currently at 1.4° above pre-industrial averages, but we see temperatures records shattered almost every day all over the world by 3, 4, 5 or even 10...
  4. Maciamo

Climate change A great video about the challenges of climate change

I think it's the first time I watch a video from a Polish YouTube channel (in English), but I was really impressed. They bring philosophy and rationality into the climate debate and analyse the situation better than any other video I have watched or book I've read. They explain, for instance...
  5. Maciamo

Debate Is Elon Musk the devil?

Elon Musk is not only the richest person on Earth, he is also one of the most hyped and mediatised person in the world. In fact he is a master at self-promotion... and deception. Few really famous people lie more often than him, and that includes politicians. One of his most famous lies is that...
  6. Maciamo

Nature Electric cars have a bigger carbon footprint than petrol car

I am getting seriously fed up by people who believe that electric cars are better for the planet than petrol cars. It may seem like a logical idea, especially when one believes Elon Musk's deceitful propaganda, but in reality electric cars have a bigger carbon footprint than petrol car. I...
Back