artificial intelligence

1. Jovialis

ChatGPT Update

This one seems pretty significant, because it will integrate all of the functions it currently has separate. Now you can use Code Interpreter, web browsing, DALL-E 3 and Plug-ins all at once, instead of having to switch between chat threads. This is only for paying subscribers, though I...
  2. Maciamo

Why is Artificial Intelligence still so bad at suggesting ads and products?

I have been using Google for 20+ years, performing dozens of searches per day, and seeing hundreds of ads on various websites almost every day. Yet, I think I have only clicked twice on a Google ad in my life, as the ads never seem to be relevant to my interests. It's all the stranger since I...
  3. S

AI- facial recognition in Coffee Vending Machine

Have you ever wondered, how it would be to use facial recognition in coffee vending machine to brew the coffee? The technology now a days allow to install facial recognition in vending machine to brew the coffee of your choice. How? The algorithm in the machine record and memorize the choice...
  4. Maciamo

Google DeepMind's AI can detect over 50 sight-threatening eye conditions

The new technology is intended to speed us diagnosis, but soon it could lead to smartphones being able to diagnose eye diseases just as well as doctors - perhaps even at no cost. For people in developed countries that may just mean saved time and money, but in parts of the world where eye...
  5. Maciamo

New AI System Identifies Personality Traits from Eye Movements

Artificial intelligence keeps improving. Robots, computers and smartphones could now discern our personality with more accuracy than a human in a few minutes. This is great to personalise our interactions with machines, but when should we draw the line? Are we going to reach a point when AI will...
  6. Maciamo

Google's new tool that answers your questions by reading thousands of books

Google’s astounding new search tool will answer any question by reading thousands of books "Imagine if you could gather thousands of writers in a circle to discuss one question. What would optimist Thomas L. Friedman say about intervening in Syria, for example? Would chaos theorist Santo...
  7. Maciamo

Is the modern education system completely at odds with the future of society?

You have all read it in the news. Most jobs will progressively disappear over the next 20 years. Actually most reports are greatly underestimating the exponential power of artificial intelligence and robotics and how fast they will suddenly replace practically any job if people will let them...
  8. Maciamo

Shall we really wish for the technological singularity to happen ?

The speed of computer chips has been undergoing an exponential growth for several decades, commonly known as Moore's Law. In fact, all digital technologies are exponential, be it microprocessors, RAM memory, DNA sequencing, magnetic storage, the number of Internet hosts, Internet traffic, the...
  9. Maciamo

Could a machine or an AI ever feel human-like emotions ?

Computers will soon be able to simulate the functioning of a human brain. In a near future, artificial superintelligence could become vastly more intellectually capable and versatile than humans. But could machines ever truly experience the whole range of human feelings and emotions, or are...
  10. Maciamo

Is it possible to build a super AI without fully replicating the human brain ?

Here is another of my articles on Life 2.0. Is it possible to build an artificial superintelligence without fully replicating the human brain ?
  11. Maciamo

Mind uploading won't lead to immortality

Here is an article I wrote recently about uploading one's mind into a computer to achieve immortality, like Johhny Depp in the new film Transcendence. Mind uploading won't lead to immortality Feel free to comment.
  12. Maciamo

90% of jobs will be taken away by robots and computers by 2035 - what jobs are safe ?

An amazing array of new technologies are set to change human civilisation as we know it. The continuous progress in artificial intelligence will enable computers to do the jobs of telemarketers, clerks, accountants, corporate lawyers, analysts, airline pilots, and countless other jobs. In fact...
Back