pompeii

1. Jovialis

Oscans of Pompeii

Thousands of people perished in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius, but many Pompeians managed to flee the city and the volcano’s blast zone. For 30 years, the question of where these survivors went has intrigued archaeologist Steven Tuck of Miami University of Ohio. One source of evidence he has...
  2. Jovialis

Oscan influence in South Italy

I found the part about the influence of Oscan in South Italy to be fascinating. I am interested to see their ancient DNA if it is included in the upcoming paper on Italy.
  3. Jovialis

New Date for the Destruction of Pompeii

Tomorrow, or the 24th may be the anniversary.
  4. Jovialis

Carbonised horse found while busting tomb raiders at Pompeii

I hope those thieves get the longest sentence possible for their crime.
  5. Jovialis

Newly discovered child skeleton in Pompeii to undergo DNA analysis

Archeologists in Pompeii have discovered the skeleton of a child who tried in vain to hide from the cataclysmic eruption of Mt Vesuvius nearly 2,000 years ago. It is the first time in about 50 years that a child’s skeleton has been found in the remains of the ancient Roman city, which lies just...
  6. Jovialis

Major New Excavations at Pompeii

(ANSA) - Naples, March 23 - Major new finds have been unveiled for Friday's 270th anniversary of the discovery of the first remains of the ancient city of Pompeii buried by ash and rock following the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD. The local archaeological authorities have marked the...
  7. Jovialis

Archaeologists Reveal 3D Skulls Of Ancient Romans Killed By Eruption Of Vesuvius

I've very intrigued by the plans for future investigation of the skeleton samples.
Back