snp

1. Maciamo

Covid SNP identified as doubling risk of lung failure and death from Covid-19

Here is the study. Nature Genetics: Identification of LZTFL1 as a candidate effector gene at a COVID-19 risk locus Abstract The severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS‑CoV‑2) disease (COVID-19) pandemic has caused millions of deaths worldwide. Genome-wide association studies...
  2. Jovialis

Ancient DNA Calculator using Merged-Raw Data

Ancient DNA Total Shared DNA Compound Segments Ajvide 58 2.77% 0.57% Altai Neanderthal 1.40% 0.20% Australian Aboriginal 7.48% 1.19% Bot 15 7.22% 1.06% Bot 17 5.85% 1.03% BR1 7.33% 1.92% BR2 33.86% 23.74% Clovis Anzick-1 22.47% 9.78% CO1 8.97% 2.46% Denisova 1.09% 0.16%...
  3. R

Y resolution worth it?

Took the 23andme and realized too late I should have gone livingDNA. My 23andme data even with morley test seems to be subclade unsure, given 63 Y-DNA positions lacking recognized mutations and about 200 positive snp's not accounted for. (is that par for 23andme data?) My question is: would a...
  4. Maciamo

Comparing 23andMe chip versions

23andMe was founded in 2006. Its original test (v1) cost $998. It was replaced in September 2008 by a more affordable test (v2) that only cost $400 and really kickstarted the company's rise. Two years later, v3 was released, which increased the number of SNPs to close to one million. Oddly...
  5. Maciamo

SNPs linked to HLA-DR types in Europeans/Caucasians

The HLA gene regulates our acquired immune system. It is what helps our body identify foreign antigens (bacteria, fungi, viruses) and determine what type of white blood cells and antibodies should be produced. Depending on our HLA type we are more or less resistant to certain diseases and...
  6. K

How to go deep into R-M269 Roots?

Good day to everyone here! I'm from Italian, Spanish and Portuguese ancestry and I took the family tree dna test to see if my deep roots really come from those places. It turns out that my Y-DNA is R-M269, but as I've been learning, I can't really say from which people that came from, since it...
  7. J

Research Methods

An investigation that seems obvious to me is one that I have not seen performed and/or described. This research would examine the STR variations within a population of individuals with a given SNP haplogroup. I am in the R1b1b2a1a1d* haplogroup. The defining mutation of this group, L48, has been...
Back