music

1. Jovialis

People find comfort listening to the same songs over and over, study finds

This is definitely true for me. Sometimes, I'll listen to the same set of songs for weeks or months, before I change it up. There's certain songs that really speak to me; right down to specific parts of them. Even repeating the song just to listen to a certain part that I really enjoy. For...
  2. Jovialis

Precise Rendition of What Ancient Greek Music Sounded Like

So far, researchers have managed to learn a lot about ancient Greek culture by interpreting the surviving fragments of age-old pot decorations, mosaics, paintings, and statues. From these discoveries we’ve been able to learn that music played an integral part in the lifestyle of ancient Greece...
  3. Maciamo

Psychopaths have a distinct preference for rap music

Interesting study. It might be possible to identify psychopaths based on their musical preferences. The Guardian: Playlist of the Lambs: psychopaths may have distinct musical preferences "Contrary to the movie trope epitomised by Alex in A Clockwork Orange and Hannibal Lecter in the Silence...
  4. J

Traditional music Laboratorium Pieśni - Poland

"Laboratorium Pieśni is a group of female singers from Poland. Using traditional, polyphonic singing they perform songs from all over the world, mainly: Ukraine, Balkans, Poland, Belarus, Georgia, Scandinavia and many other places." Na morzu, na błękitnym morzu Tam pływały stada białych...
  5. Maciamo

Technologies that should have been invented by now

I sometimes wonder what will be the next revolutionary technology that will change our life. Not many people would have thought 20 years ago that our lives would so soon be ruled by the Internet and smartphones, and that one could do so many things with a smartphone: taking high-quality photos...
Back