fairtrade

1. Maciamo

Sustainability How to choose the best chocolate for your health and for the planet?

In 2015, 3 million tonnes of cocoa beans were harvested to produce chocolate, and demand has been increasing by 2 to 5% each year. The global consumption of chocolate in 2019 reached 7.7 million metric tonnes (i.e. 7.7 billion kg - approximately 1 kg for each person in the world). Cocoa is...
  2. Maciamo

Nature New Ecology section

You may have noticed that Eupedia now has an Ecology section. I have written five articles in the last few days. I'll let you read them. Your feedback is welcome. :smile:
  3. Maciamo

Nature How to choose the best coffee for your health and for the planet?

Coffee is one of the world's most popular drinks. The International Coffee Organization estimates that in 2019/20, coffee consumption worldwide exceeded 10 billions kg (169.34 million bags of 60 kg or 132 pounds). That's more than one kg per person, even including children, people who don't like...
  4. Maciamo

Sustainability Eco-friendly & ethical shopping: What brands of clothing & shoes to buy and to avoid?

Eco-friendly & ethical shopping: What brands of clothing & shoes to buy and to avoid? We have all heard of climate change, plastic pollution, toxic wastes, the loss of biodiversity caused by deforestation carried our for the sake of intensive agriculture, or the horrible working conditions in...
Back