famous dna

1. Maciamo

Ragnar Lothbrok's dynasty may well have belonged to haplogroup R1a-Z284

I have checked Ragnar Lothbrok's genealogy to find if he had male line descendants to this day. It would not be surprising considering that he had eight sons and they became powerful rulers of their own. The main issue is that the genealogy is disputed. If enough Y-DNA lines survived, it would...
  2. Maciamo

Wyatt Earp belonged to haplogroup R1b

I researched Wyatt Earp's ancestry on Geni and found that he descends from Joshua Earp (1706-1771). The Earp DNA Project has a lineage descending from Josiah Jackson Earp (1761-1844) and his son Allen Milford Earp (1796-1862). It turns out that Josiah is also Joshua's grandson, so it is the same...
  3. Maciamo

Searching for famous G2a members

Thanks to Regio X for the following. Richard Stockton (1730-1781),was an American lawyer, jurist, legislator, and a signer of the Declaration of Independence. His son, Robert F. Stockton (1795-1866) was a United States Navy commodore, notable in the capture of California during the...
  4. Maciamo

Thomas Edison probably belonged to haplogroup R1b-L151>S1194>S1200

The great American inventor Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931) appears to have belonged to R1b-L151>S1194>S1200>S14328>SZ5489>Y28597>S10242 according to the Edison Y-DNA project (lineage 1). He is descended from John Edison and Sarah Ogden from the Netherlands. This branch of R1b is found in...
  5. Maciamo

The Lee family of Virginia and Maryland belongs to haplogroup I1

The Lee family descended from Richard Lee I (1617–1664), who emigrated from Shropshire, England to Virginia, played an important role in American history. Based on the results from the Lee Surname DNA Research Project, descendants of Richard Lee I and his wife Anne Constable (Subgroup 21)...
  6. Maciamo

The Randolph family of Virginia belongs to R1b-P312>Z39300

The influential Randolph family of Virginia belongs to R1b-P312>Z39300 (aka PH2278) based on the results from the Randolph/Randall/Randle/Randol Surname Group (Albemarle County group). The family contributed numerous politicians, statesmen and military officers in the course of U.S. history...
  7. Maciamo

Benjamin Franklin probably belonged to haplogroup R1b-U106

Benjamin Franklin, a polymath and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States, whose head has featured on the $100 bills since 1914, is a probable member of haplogroup R1b-U106>Z18>DF95 according to the results from the Franklin Family Y-DNA Project. His family hailed from the small...
  8. Maciamo

Searching for famous R1b-DF27 individuals

Two US presidents, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush apparently belong to haplogroup R1b DF27>Z196>Z209> CTS4065>S16864 based on the results from the Bush Surname Project. I ran the haplotype in NevGen's haplogroup predictor to determine the subclade. They descend from Reynold Bush (1600-1686)...
  9. Maciamo

Looking for Karl Marx's Y-DNA haplogroup

Browsing through the Jewish Y-DNA Project, I found two individuals with the surname Marx, one descending from Nathan Marx from Karlsruhe in Baden-Württemberg, and the other from Martin Marx from Frankenthal in Rhineland-Palatinate in the early 19th century. Karl Marx came from Trier also in...
  10. Maciamo

Dustin Hoffman may belong to Y-haplogroup J1

Actor Dustin Hoffman had participated in the PBS TV series Finding Your Roots, in which we learned that he belonged to Y-haplogroup J. Browsing through the Jewish Y-DNA Project, I found two individuals with the surname Hoffman, one from Poland and one from Kiev, Ukraine. Dustin's genealogy...
  11. Maciamo

Actor Adam Sandler may belong to Y-haplogroup J2a1

Browsing through the Jewish Y-DNA Project, I came across a descendant of Movsha Sandler (born c. 1798 in Pusalotas, Lithuania). This matches exactly Adam Sandler's g-g-great-grand-father according to his genealogy. The STR haplotype appear to fit within the M67 clade, and probably the L210 subclade.
  12. Maciamo

Larry Page may belong to Y-haplogroup E-V13

I was checking the genealogy of Google co-founder Larry Page and found that he descended from John D. Page (1808-1900). The same John Page appears in the Page Surname project and matches exactly several other Page individuals from Kent, England who belong to haplogroup E1b1b1. Only one member...
  13. Maciamo

Author Stephen King belongs to Y-haplogroup I2a2a

Stephen King, the famous author of horror storieshorror stories horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, science fiction, and fantasy, belongs to haplogroup I2a2a, apparently to the Y7272 deep clade (TMRCA 650 ybp according to Yfull), downstream of the Germanic branch Z161 and its S2364 subclade...
  14. Maciamo

New page dedicated to famous members of mtDNA haplogroups

I have been wanting to make this page for a while. It's now ready. Famous people's mtDNA listed by haplogroup
  15. Maciamo

Abraham Lincoln belonged to mt-haplogroup X1c

I am only seeing this one year after it was published, but the Nancy Hanks Lincoln mtDNA Study confirmed that President Abraham Lincoln was a member of mtDNA X1c, one of the rarest maternal haplogroups in Europe. Haplogroup X1, already much rarer than X2, is found mostly in the North Africa, the...
  16. Maciamo

President Bill Clinton might belong to Y-haplogroup I1

President William Jefferson Clinton was born William Jefferson Blythe. Clinton is his adoptive father's name. His genealogy shows that his paternal grandfather hailed from Mississippi as did his previous patrilinear ancestors until the early 19th century. I looked for the Blythe surnames on...
  17. Maciamo

President Andrew Jackson belonged to haplogroup I1

Andrew Jackson (1767-1845), the seventh President of the United States, most probably belonged to haplogroup I1 based on results from the Jackson DNA Project. His genealogy shows that he is descended from Richard Jackson (1505-1562) from Killingsworth, Eske, Yorkshire...
  18. Maciamo

Presidents Theodore Roosevelft and Franklin D. Roosevelt might have been R1b

Checking the Rose DNA Project, I found one member (#310947) whose most distant paternal ancestor is listed as being Cornelius Geldersman via his grandson Claes van Roosevelt (1626-1658). This happens to be the ancestor of the two Roosevelt presidents as this genealogy shows. The Ysearch ID is...
  19. Maciamo

George Washington probably belonged to haplogroup R1b-L21

The first President of the United States, George Washington may well have belonged to R1b-L21>DF13. This deduction is based on the results from the Washington DNA Project where most bearers of that surname belong to various clades under DF13. The only member who claims descend from John...
  20. Maciamo

Searching for famous R1b-L21 individuals

This thread is dedicated to proposing new famous members of haplogroup R1b-L21 (M529) and its subclades. So far, confirmed R1b-L21 carriers include: - The House of Stuart (DF13 > DF41 > L744 > S781) - James Buchanan (L1335 > CTS11722 according to the Buchanan DNA Project) - William Ewart...
Back