mtdna

1. M

mtDNA N1'5

My mtDNA haplogroup result is N1'5 and I'm slightly baffled and intrigued by what this means. Most of known ancestry is very rooted in a small area of eastern England. My Y-DNA is an easier to explain/understand I1a1b1. I'm struggling to find much information about N1'5 or what it might mean...
  2. M

12% of al-Andalus women are non-Spanish

The moors seem to have brought very few women, and among those it's mostly slaves. This could be due to the locations, maybe if there are palaces slaves are overrepresented...
  3. M

K1a1b1a from Spain/France

https://haplotree.info/maps/ancient_dna/samples.php?searchcolumn=mtDNA_haplogroup&searchfor=K1a1b1&ybp=500000,0 The oldest samples of the precurssor haplogroup of Askhenazis are from Neolithic France and Bronze/Iron Ages Spain.
  4. M

Cuba/Puerto Rico haplogroups

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2492877/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25043798/ Here are 2 articles about the Hispanic Caribbean haplogroup composition. Long story short. Like 80% of Spanish Y-DNA. 60% of Amerindian in Puerto Rican mitochondrial haplogroups, and some 40 of...
  5. M

European mixture dominates in Latin America

Haplogroups C and D dominate among certain areas of Latin America. But those are the places where there were never Amerindian civizations: the Amazon, N.Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia, Chile... In all of those places there's an extra of Spanish ancestry. While those descendent from N(Hp A)...
  6. M

Rivers essential for humanity/civilization?

The importance of rivers for the appearance of the first civilizations, that were based primarily in the mastering of an agricultural economy, is a common topic in general culture. The reasons are obvious:abundance of water, therefore food, easy transport and the bigger nets of population that...
  7. C

U2e1d?

Maciamo calls U2 "rare" and "ancient", with low numbers spread thinly across Europe, with ancient samples dating back to the Cro-Magnons, etc. U2e is "found in most of Europe and Central Asia / found in Mesolithic Germany and Russia, in Chalcolithic Russia, in the Andronovo culture, among the...
  8. M

Macro-haplogroup R and her subclades

Among Eurasians (whose ancestral descendants include Oceanians and Amerindians), apart from M, most people descend from branches of mitochondrial macrohaplogroup R. 1) We don't know why that is. Maybe they have superadvantageous mutations in their DNA that gave them special human...
  9. B

Does anyone else have just haplogroup U4a?

I took a dna test and it said that my haplogroup is U4a. Does anyone else have this haplogroup? What is your known ancestry if you do? Thank you
  10. M

Turkish Haplogroup G2a1a1a1a1a1b1 is that common?

Im Turkish and i wanted to ask if my YDNA G2a1a1a1a1a1b1 is common? same with my MTDNA H2a2a1? and where they came frome :)
  11. K

Haplogroup H15b1 , anyone ?

Hi all , I was wondering if someone , somewhere also has H15b1 . Its really hard to find any matches ore significant information about this mtdna group . these are my mutations : 263G,1438G , 3847C , 4769G , 6253C , 15326G, 15715G at least these are the ones tested at "Living Dna " I hope...
  12. Maciamo

mtDNA up/downregulates autosomal genes related to cancer, methylation and immunity

Role of STING complex in differential retrograde signaling in cybrids with K versus H haplogroup mtDNA Abstract Mitochondrial (mt) DNA haplogroups, defined by specific single nucleotide polymorphism (SNPs) patterns, represent populations of diverse geographic origins and may play a role in...
  13. Wheal

New video on FTdna for MTdna

Family Tree DNA has come up with a cute way to show mt development.
  14. A

Mtdna L3e2b

Hi I’m new here. I’ve been working on several branches of our family tree. I hit a brick wall on my maternal and paternal sides at about 1800. So I decided to have my dna tested. My dna results from two different companies show that I’m 69.3%. I’m trying to figure how to used my mtdna...
  15. P

mtDNA R1b

I have mtDNA R1b (full sequence from FTDNA, checked with dna.jameslick.com). Any information about mtDNA R1b? There appears to be even less information than R1a... My maternal ancestor is from Finland and there is a cluster of R1b in the southern half of Finland. Thanks! :cool-v:
  16. N

mtDNA M

First off, hello everyone! I would like to start a discussion about the M haplogroup as my first post. Just learned my mtDNA is M5a, but I can barely find information about M itself so I thought we might need a thread on it first. I will try to update this post whenever I find more information...
  17. Maciamo

90% of species on Earth today came into being 100,000 to 200,000 ybp

Found this on Phys.org: Sweeping gene survey reveals new facets of evolution "Who would have suspected that a handheld genetic test used to unmask sushi bars pawning off tilapia for tuna could deliver deep insights into evolution, including how new species emerge? And who would have thought to...
  18. Maciamo

Lombard vs Roman Y-DNA and mtDNA from northern Italy and Hungary

The study on Lombard DNA by Amorim et al. (2018) was already discussed a few months ago as part of a preliminary paper, but did not yet include the Y-DNA and mtDNA tables. This is still a pre-print, but at least we can see what haplogroups the Lombards carried. The admixtures for each sample...
  19. Maciamo

Retracing Agnes of Antioch's mtDNA lineage (haplogroup H1)

Olasz et al. (2018) tested the DNA of King Bela III of Hungary. They also tested the mtDNA lineage of his wife, Agnes of Antioch, which was identified as H1 (either H1j8 or H1bz). We can trace her mtDNA through her matrilineal ancestors, then go down again on the daughter lines. Agnes of...
  20. J

my mtDNA haplogroup is J1c2e2...

Hello everybody...! I am new in this community and I am searching origins of my mtDNA J1c2e2. I have ancestors from Spain, as well as Portugal.
Back