traditions

1. B

Should women keep their man's last name?

Back in the day it wasn't such big topic, as it was logical that once two people marry they will stay together forever mostly. But in modern age due to some elements we can see mostly in western society, that is no longer true, and probably everybody of us knows at least one person who is...
  2. Maciamo

Calendar of new secular and scientific holidays

Have you ever felt annoyed by the fact that national holidays in your country are often religious holidays? In many European countries Epiphany, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascension Day, Whit Monday, Assumption, All Saints' Day, Christmas and/or St Stephens' Day (aka Boxing Day in the UK) are...
  3. Maciamo

Religion and tradition still influence couples' decision to get married

In another thread, I was explaining how, for many Northwest Europeans, the decision to get married or live under a civil union or domestic partnership was often simply motivated by the desire to have a wedding party (still a dream for many women, regardless of their religiosity). I was...
  4. Jovialis

Ideals of Maturity rooted in Religious & Philosophical traditions v Emotion & Impulse

Ideals of Maturity rooted in Religious & Philosophical traditions v Emotion & Impulse This is probably one of the best blogs I've read on this site. The abandonment of older religious and philosophical schools of thought, and the replacement with values forged in the counter-culture of the...
Back