thracia

1. EV13SON

Religion Zalmoxis Getae Dacian Thracian Religion

This video explains Zalmoxis and it's influence on Greek thinkers, not sure if true or bias...you decide...
  2. EV13SON

United Balkan States?

Would any Balkan countries ever consider uniting under a Federal government? Is there any sense of unity between any of the Balkan countries? Are they all satisfied with their current boundaries? Not that I want to give anyone ideas especially in these crazy times :laughing...
  3. G

Main Y-haplogroups on the territory of Dacia 2000-3000 years ago.

What could have been the main Y-haplogroups on the territory of Dacia, 2000-3000 years ago? (you can choose more than one) Dacia included areas between the Tisa and the Middle Danube. The Carpathian Mountains are located in the middle of Dacia. It thus corresponds to the present-day...
  4. HiveMindTerror

Are South Slavs more Balkan Native than Slavic?

I'm genuinely curious if this has been "decided" anywhere by credible researchers. South Slavs have a different stock of haplogroups than Northern Slavs, and cluster together rather than with other European groups. Clearly we're our own family-branch. Coincidentally the people with the highest...
  5. T

A short introduction.

Hello I have just discovered Eupedia which have already provided me with valuable information in my area of interests the Pomak people I visited some months ago. I am writing about the Pomak people's ethnic origin, the origin of their language on my blog. I have published the first part there...
  6. Jovialis

Large Roman or Thracian Tomb of Nobleman from 3rd Century CE found in Bulgaria

Bulgarian archaeologists have finished mapping out the extent of a large Roman tomb near the city of Plovdiv and were preparing to begin excavations on the tomb, Bulgarian National Television (BNT) reported on July 25. Located under the Maltepe burial mound, one of the largest of its kind on...
  7. Jovialis

Roman Inscription Unearthed in Thracian City

YAMBOL, BULGARIA—Archaeology in Bulgaria reports that an intact Roman-era inscription has been uncovered in the ancient Thracian city of Kabyle, which is located in southeastern Bulgaria. The city was home to rulers of the Odrysian Thracian kingdom from the fifth century B.C. until the first...
  8. RHAS

Haplogroup J2, Thracians, Illyrians, Phrygians, Vlachs and others.

Haplogroup J2 and Thracians. "Cruciani et al.’s E-V13 and J2-M12 coalescence times bear a striking similarity to carbon-14-based date calculations for certain archaeological sites in the Maritsa river valley and its tributaries, near the city of Nova Zagora, Bulgaria (Nilolova, 2002). These...
  9. Maciamo

New autosomal DNA of two ancient Thracian Iron Age individuals from Bulgaria

Sikora et al. published a new paper comparing the genome of two 2,500-year-old Iron Age Thracians (P192-1 and K8) with Ötzi (Chalcolithic Alps), Gök4 and ajv70 (Neolithic Sweden), brana1 (Mesolithic Spain) and Swedish hunter-gatherers. The admixture comparison is particularly interesting. The...
  10. Maciamo

I2a-Din came to the Balkans and Dinaric Alps with the Thracians, Dacians & Illyrians

I2a-Din came to the Balkans and Dinaric Alps with the Thracians, Dacians & Illyrians I have given more thought about the origin of I2a-Din (L621>L147.2) and came to the following conclusion. During the Mesolithic the I2a1 (P37.2) hunter-gatherers must have occupied a vast part of western...
Back