haplogroup u5

1. M

Haplogroups DE & CF origins

I will center this post on male lines since patriarchs and founding fathers are the responsible for creating nations and lead their clans during conquests. I will mention female lines too though. Around 50-70 thousand years ago, we have 2 "clans" of tribes, defined among other charachteristics...
  2. M

Iberian Yamnaya FEMALES were U5

I was revisiting Iñigo Olalde's paper "The genomic history of the Iberian Peninsula over the past 8000 years" and I found the likely candidates for the women, the few of them, that came along with the R1b Yamnaya men. There are 14 samples classified as Iberia Chalcolithic (CA) Steppe. I further...
  3. M

WHG and EEF/CHG in the PCA

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(22)00455-X?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS009286742200455X%3Fshowall%3Dtrue From this paper There are some curiosities regarding this picture that I noticed and wanted to share(I already made a post about...
  4. M

Etruscan & Latin mtDNA

I was checking the study of samples in the Rome area since the Mesolithic until the Middle Ages. Focusing concretely in the Iron Age/Roman Republic time period(the previous millenium of the turn to the Empire around the year 0). Here you have which culture were they part of, as well as their...
  5. InfamousAngel99

Haplogroup U5b2c

I haven't seen any threads for the haplogroup U5b2c, so I decided to post one (if there is one I missed it, and I apologize). If you have this haplogroup, what is the farthest back you've been able to go on that side of your family tree? The farthest I've been able to go is to my 5th...
  6. Maciamo

New map of mtDNA haplogroup U5

Haplogroup U5 was the most common maternal lineage among European hunter-gatherers, not just during the Palaeolithic and Mesolithic, but until much later in North and Northeast Europe, notably with the Sami people. U5 is absent from Southwest Asia and very low in most of the Middle East, where...
Back