atheism

1. Maciamo

Religion Why are there still Christians?

I felt the need to open a thread to rent about Christianity and religion in general. There were some really good quotes on Twitter.
  2. Maciamo

Religion U.S. Church Membership Falls Below Majority for First Time

Gallup has been conducting polls about religious beliefs in the USA since the 1930s. For the first time less than 50% of U.S. adults (47%) reported to belong to a church, synagogue or mosque. The non-religious people are not a homogeneous group. There are convinced atheists, uncertain agnostics...
  3. Maciamo

Religion Religious Typology: a new way to categorise Americans by religion

The Pew Research Center has published a new and revealing classification of religion in America. I am not going to copy the whole article here (9 long pages). Here are just a few charts to highlight the research and my comments. Here is a summary of the new classification. As you will see...
  4. Maciamo

Religion Pew survey shows that Atheists and Evangelicals hate each others most in the USA

A survey by the Pew Research Center published last week revealed that Americans express increasingly warm feelings toward religious groups (other than theirs), meaning that overall Americans are becoming more tolerant. A considerable amelioration in attitudes has been witnessed in only two and...
  5. Petros Agapetos

Arguments For and Against the Existence of God

Argument from Design It would have to mean that the designer of this plan was unbelievably lazy and inept, or unbelievably callous. And cruel. And indifferent. And capricious. And that is the case with every argument for design, and every argument for revelation and intervention, that has...
  6. Maciamo

Religion Lack of religious affiliation set to become mainstream in Western countries

Atheism and agnosticism have been gaining a lot of grounds in Western countries over the last decade thanks to the Internet. USA According to this chart (source), the percentage of unaffiliated in the USA started soaring from 1995, which is the year the Internet really took off. Most of the...
  7. LeBrok

Do you think that smart society of the future (by Eugenics) will be more atheist?

Assuming that scientists are the smartest of us all, their spirituality or rather lack of it, can point us to the character of future society. I'm almost certain that in future people will make kids in hospitals or labs by gene manipulation, rather than risking sick or mediocre child made...
Back